The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With Lallana and Milner probably leaving or their roles diminishing, what we actually need are midfielders. And "happy to be squad players" full backs.

There has been talk that Klopp is grooming Grujic to take over from Milner. IMO I reckon we will see Lallana, Lovren & Milner all move on this summer. Need to freshen up the squad and lower the average age with the front 3 moving into their late 20s.

Not sure if Klopp really rates Wilson but he could be a ready made replacement for Lallana if he keeps up his performances at Bournemouth.

Fullback depth is a tough one. Expect a young Lovren replacement at CB that can also play at full back.

I'll be happy if Grujic and Wilson come back and make it. Origi is the closest thing we have to someone who went out on loan, came back and "made it".

Grujic is rated by Jurg. He's been doing very well over in the Bundesliga.

Harry Wilson I am not sure if Jurg rates him highly enough or has enough work rate off the ball. He is certainly doing everything possible at Bournemouth to take over from Lallana when he leaves. This time he either joins our first team next season or is sold, no more loans.

I'm wondering if we do something to what we did for Keita, buy him in January but loan him back to Dortmund for rest of the season

Similar to their Pulisic deala as well. But, I'd rather get in Sancho for the run into the season even if it inflates the price a little bit.

Why on earth wouldn't we buy someone in January?

Massive number of games, alive in several competitions, a few injuries starting to mount, best chance we've had to win the league in close to 30 years

If you're not going to spend now then when are you? What would we be saving the money for if not for this?

Massive number of games, alive in several competitions, a few injuries starting to mount, best chance we've had to win the league in close to 30 years

If you're not going to spend now then when are you? What would we be saving the money for if not for this?
For all those reasons you’ve stated it would be crazy hey? 😃

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a look at our December schedule again. 4 games in 10 days with a trip to Austria is brutal,but after that we can make the best out of a not particularly ideal situation by leaving for Qatar straight after the Watford game and have a warm weather break (of sorts). Ok the travel is not ideal,but i'm trying to stay positive when i say that.

4/12 Everton (home)
7/12 Bournemouth (away)
10/12 RB Salzburg (away)
13/12 Watford (home)

17/12 Kids to play against Villa.

18/12 Semi Final ( probably rest a few key players by sticking them on the bench as insurance)
21/12 Final ( play best side)
26/12 Leicester (away)
29/12 Wolves (home).

Like i said, i'm trying to be positive about our schedule.

I do, but I also still, to this day, hear people tell us we dropped a 10 point lead last year, when in reality, we were 10 points in front for mere hours as City were yet to play that round, so all the hoopla hover an 11 point lead on Sat was very similar...

They’re forcing us not to try and tank it...
Yeah we never really led by 10 points. It was for like a few hours or something. Then city won their game in hand to reduce it back to 7. Then they played us in the next game and beat us so the gap was 4. Then it was game on.

This time it is 11 clear. No games in hand. Just 11 clear points in front. It's different this season.

There has been talk that Klopp is grooming Grujic to take over from Milner. IMO I reckon we will see Lallana, Lovren & Milner all move on this summer. Need to freshen up the squad and lower the average age with the front 3 moving into their late 20s.

Not sure if Klopp really rates Wilson but he could be a ready made replacement for Lallana if he keeps up his performances at Bournemouth.

Fullback depth is a tough one. Expect a young Lovren replacement at CB that can also play at full back.
I think Lallana and Lovren will move on. Depends what Milner wants to do. I think the club would definitely offer him another contract. But Milner will know he won't play as much for us than if he dropped down to say a Leeds or someone like that.

I think if we win the league, Milner might be... European Cup, League Title, job done. Move on.

When did we last buy in January though? Have we ever under John Henry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back