Not open for further replies.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I nearly punched my TV, so was the frustration. It has been a long time since I openly abused a player of our own but Emre Can was absolutely putrid tonight, he would have got caught in possession at least 6 times and every pass he attempted further than 2 metres resulted in a turnover, how he wasn't taken off I don't know.

Being a manager against Liverpool is pretty easy, just a bank of 5 defenders, 4 midfielders and someone up top and sit back and lol.

#LFCPOTY (with zero conviction)
5 - Karius
4 - Lucas
3 - Clyne
2 - Coutinho
1 - Lovren

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
Turned off and went back to bed straight after the game this morning, without watching any of the post match stuff so not sure what they said, but for me the main failures were:

- Emre was deplorable this morning, no other word for it...although invisible comes to mind...
- however that term better suits Firmino. I could count on one finger the amount of times he had impact this morning and still have fingernail left.
- Studge has always been a diver but ffs, the ref isn't paying fouls, stop f'n doing it!
- Lucas can't play conductor. Gini or Emre needed to take that on, instead of just passing back to Lucas constantly. Definitely missing Hendo!
- we looked super slow at the back. It's like Soton rested in their last 3 league games and copped those losses on purpose for this.
- a lack of Mane's pace threat mean they had no fear in bombing forward on the counter in waves.
- Karius stood up. Pity the other defenders kept going to sleep.

Hope we can lift for Sunday, but I can't help but feel our slump has arrived.

Oh and I also hope we don't try and buy Redmond off this one game...

This sums up my feelings

vince-vaughn-mel-gibson-650x488.jpeg

I found out the score at work (by accident) so this'll be only the second game this season I haven't watched. The other one was Burnley so at least I'm missing the right ones.

Lucky man. I could've got an extra hour sleep.

I don't think I have ever been as bored watching a Liverpool game as I was that. Besides the shots from outside the box, that took the lots of possession with no penetration to a whole new level. It was almost like the instruction from Jurgen was to not cross the ball. We did look an much better team when Coutinho came on.

Mig
Clyne Matip Lov Milner
Wij Hendo Lallana
Firmino Sturridge Origi

Is what I'd go for, assuming Coutinho can't start. Get Origi in coz he's our quickest player without Mane and he'd step up for the big games

Not bad. Sturridge also seems better with Origi too.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
In games like that it's easy for people to criticise Sturridge but the only chance he had to touch the ball was by coming up to the half way line to collect it. He did flop like a fish out of water at times though.

Even in such a terrible performance I did laugh when Sturridge took the piece of paper off Klopp and was running around trying to tell people what to do, classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back