The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is still technically on International Duty for 5 days after they get knocked out which means he isn't available until Thursday. At least, that is what I got out of the discussion on RedMen TV a couple of days ago.

Can't see Senegal holding him back.

We have no problems beating top sides who play free flowing football.

Losing 3 in a row at Anfield to shyte bus parking teams is plenty of cause for melts.

Under Kenny's season we won all of 6 games at Anfield while we were getting beat by shite everywhere

Last year we were undefeated in Anfield

Massive knee jerking going on right now

Under Kenny's season we won all of 6 games at Anfield while we were getting beat by shite everywhere

Last year we were undefeated in Anfield

Massive knee jerking going on right now

I think a strong level of concern, and even alarm, is justified, following three straight losses in one week to the bottom team in the Premier League, an average Southampton and the 18th-placed side in the Championship. There are going to be surprise results here and there but three in one week is a bit much and is suggestive of something, somewhere being amiss.

But even more concerning than just the results is the way those results have come about. We are playing really poorly, nowhere near like how we were playing earlier in the season. If we had been generally playing well and battering these sort of teams like we should be doing only to be denied by the woodwork/goalkeeper heroics etc., that would be one thing. But Wolves deserved to win last night. Swansea deserved at least a draw last weekend. Southampton deserved to beat us during the week and over the two legs should have won by more than 2-0.

Something is not right.

I think a strong level of concern, and even alarm, is justified, following three straight losses in one week to the bottom team in the Premier League, an average Southampton and the 18th-placed side in the Championship. There are going to be surprise results here and there but three in one week is a bit much and is suggestive of something, somewhere being amiss.

But even more concerning than just the results is the way those results have come about. We are playing really poorly, nowhere near like how we were playing earlier in the season. If we had been generally playing well and battering these sort of teams like we should be doing only to be denied by the woodwork/goalkeeper heroics etc., that would be one thing. But Wolves deserved to win last night. Swansea deserved at least a draw last weekend. Southampton deserved to beat us during the week and over the two legs should have won by more than 2-0.

Something is not right.

I'm bloody concerned with Swansea but honestly I don't give a s**t about the League Cup or the FA Cup, I've seen us win those multiple times, sometimes in the most thrilling fashion, I don't give a s**t about those, all I care about is the league

The lack of depth and stubbornness on not reinforcing more in the summer window and now Jan is costing us when our squad is stretched, there's no doubt. I don't think there's any excuses for the Liverpool Football club to not use all the resources available to improve a squad before heading into a season. My fear this season was always that we might be capable of something great this season but in the end the inaction in the summer window makes us fall short

Having said all that, the shitty run has mostly been in the cups, once fixture congestion dies and key players come back fit we'll see how things go, loads of slashing of the wrists and calling for Jurg's head from all and sundries and it's embarrassing to say the least

the calling for Jurg's head is just plain stupid from where ever it's coming from... We're still in a far better spot since he's taken over. We just need to add that depth in the summer so we can cover the injuries and when players go on international duty etc...etc...etc..., no doubt he'll do that.

The 4-3-3's getting a bit exposed atm, 3 narrow forwards, two mids and full backs bombing on while there's a "holder" and two CBs only in defense, getting cut to shreds on the counter

Would like Jurg to go back to his trusted 4-2-3-1, have two mids that are deeper in theory and one in the hole, for more security

Take your pick from the number of Sakho incidents that have lead to this point.

People need to get over it, he's gone.

Then bloody sell him and buy a replacement instead of continually playing Klavan and/or Lucas who are far worse players.

Absolutely unacceptable if he isn't sold and Klopp refuses to use him for the rest of the season.

Yep I've barely missed a game the last two years but will be avoiding for a bit. I know it's s**t but it's just too frustrating to watch and ruins your night. I can live with getting beat but not getting beat playing crap, no idea boring football with the exact same game plan that has kept losing us games with the same average players starting and doing the same things. This month has honestly been worse than Hodgson days the team and sad to say manager have been that insipid. People will defend Klopp and I'm glad we have him but he has lined them up poorly, chosen not to go into the market and doesn't seem to have developed a counter to the now standard opposition game plan against us.
When I meant time out I mean just take a break from all things LFC. Usually im talking about it, reading about it, watching LFCtv etc etc

I wont miss a game and ill be watching against Chelsea, but I just need a small break right now. Like a lot of my friends got at me on facebook last night, ******* manc mates rubbing it in. I didnt engage. Completely ignored them because I just cant.

As for not going into the market. I understand it. If the right players cant be bought, dont buy the wrong players. Im completely behind the decision not to go into the market.

Something is not right.
I dont think Wolves deserved to win last night. It's anti-football at it's finest. Only one team was trying to win and score.

I'd be more concerned if this is how we were all the time. Like under Hodgson, we were awful from the get go which everyone knew we would be because Woy is s**t. But we've been fantastic large stretches under Klopp.

I think we can get back to that.

But yeah... tough week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think Wolves deserved to win last night. It's anti-football at it's finest. Only one team was trying to win and score.

I'd be more concerned if this is how we were all the time. Like under Hodgson, we were awful from the get go which everyone knew we would be because Woy is s**t. But we've been fantastic large stretches under Klopp.

I think we can get back to that.

But yeah... tough week.

I'm just hating football atm. Victory lost 3 games in the space of 8 days and LFC 4 games in 2 weeks. I hate feeling s**t going into a week at work when both my 2 teams are in a slump. And it's bloody rare that it happens both at the same time!!

The worst part for me is not the fact that we've lost 4 games in a couple of weeks but the manner in which we have lost. It has been arguably the most boring games of consecutive football I have seen in a long, long time. I don't even know if I want to get up to watch Chelsea. I don't think I can handle us playing 2 metre passes, sideways and back for 90 minutes and not one player having the balls to take the game on (I hate that term but alas).

When a 17 year old is the only player willing to try and attack then it's an indictment on the rest of the squad. If this is how teams are going to play against us and how we're going to try and combat it I don't think I will watch any more games this year, I just can't deal with it, it's not good for my health.

At the present time the only players I wouldn't slap up the side of the head are:
Lallana
Coutinho (poor bugger probably regretting that contract right about now)
Karius
Migs
Woodburn
Mane
Clyne

Then bloody sell him and buy a replacement instead of continually playing Klavan and/or Lucas who are far worse players.

Absolutely unacceptable if he isn't sold and Klopp refuses to use him for the rest of the season.

We've probably been low balled on offers which is why he's still here.

Settle petal

C3UDcfLVUAQcmNB.jpg:large

Anyone who says that this is his squad now, which has been mentioned on here, "needs a head wobble".
He's only just got started with this squad.

It's bloody frustrating that we haven't been able to move him on and continually play Lucas / Klavan instead. What do you think Klopp should do if he can't be sold?

I'd still let him rot in the reserves. Sakho has screwed up numerous times at the club under both Rodgers and Klopp.

It's cutting your nose off to spite your face, but it sets a hard line for the rest of the squad and it also says repeated childish/immature acts like Sakho's won't be tolerated either.

Sakhos 27 in a few weeks, he's not a kid anymore and needs to grow up.

Last edited:
I love the club and won't miss a game, (hell I don't miss the u23s either) I'm obviously shattered at the moment due to the collapse this season. I just feel burnt out watching the same match over and over in the middle of the night. If we were losing and there is still good signs I'd take that but we are garbage.

I was in same shitty headspace on Sat night Ross. Said to a mate we are easybeats ATM. Park a bus, wait for us to lose patience and turn it over, hoof it to speedy wingers and eventually it pays dividends through diabolical defending.

EVERYONE is doing it now.

Up to Jurg to figure a way through this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back