The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With salaries, I think it becomes more of a thing about the players comparing themselves. $150k per week for Coutinho but $170k per week for Draxler? How does Coutinho feel about that.

With transfers I think it is more about the club not wanting to pay overs.

Apparently the Lallana deal could be done today. 3 years at 110k per week with the option to extend according to the Echo.

110k sounds a lot better. 150k was just way too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of, pleased we get another few years of watching this guy in a red shirt.

I think people are now starting to realize that with the way the market has gone over the last 10 years (particularly for English players, which given the FA's rules on homegrown players, every club needs), £25m was a fair price for an extremely hard working and (despite opinion to the contrary!) very talented footballer. He's definitely taken his game up a notch under Klopp and we're now seeing the PFA POTY nominee we bought from Southampton in the first place.

Speaking of, pleased we get another few years of watching this guy in a red shirt.

I think people are now starting to realize that with the way the market has gone over the last 10 years (particularly for English players, which given the FA's rules on homegrown players, every club needs), £25m was a fair price for an extremely hard working and (despite opinion to the contrary!) very talented footballer. He's definitely taken his game up a notch under Klopp and we're now seeing the PFA POTY nominee we bought from Southampton in the first place.

25m in this climate is a pack of chips, feels like transfers fees have taken another quantum leap since we signed him.

Really big fan of Lallana and have been since his Southampton days. So easy on the eye and I'm happy for him that it's all come together. I think everyone always knew he was talented, ADL, but his end product was the issue for the detractors. Probably fair enough too.

Claudio Ranieri sacked. Still a massive chance to make the final 8 of the champions league, strange timing, must have lost the players.

Let's hope they don't fire up against us Tuesday morning!

Disgraceful regardless, here is a guy that within a few years turned this club from a yo-yo team into a world wide poster child. If he lost the players then they've quite clearly let the title go to their head. You can't tell me one player was the difference between there success or not and if so they shouldn't be worse than mid table.

An increased budget should have aided them as well but I have a feeling that was pocketed,

I know it has been asked in here before, but what are some of the better Liverpool-related (and soccer/football, in general) accounts that people follow?

Thanks guys.

I know it has been asked in here before, but what are some of the better Liverpool-related (and soccer/football, in general) accounts that people follow?

Thanks guys.

These are some of the LFC journos/sites I follow that are generally pretty good if you're after the latest news etc.

livechonews
livecholfc
thisisanfield
theanfieldwrap
stuffifc
jamespearceecho
neiljonesecho
kristian_walsh
_pauljoyce
glennprice94
brianreade
andyk_livnews