The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manninger is like 50 years old and only here in case of an emergency. Mignolet doesn't need a rest after 2 games, especially when he's probably not going to be in the side too much longer.

We shouldn't be making wholesale changes. No Europe this season so fixture congestion isn't going to be a massive problem. Pick a strong team, win the game and get some confidence back.

As I said in the other thread, bring in Matip, Grujic, Origi and 1 or 2 others at the most.
Agreed.

A few things....

• The Sakho loan news is horrible. Would be dumb to let him go, he is our best central defender.
  • Since Klopp's arrival we have conceded 45 goals in 31 Premier League games. Not good enough and something Klopp needs to work on.
  • On the Burnley game I think, I think the performance has rocked the fan base more than the actual result. Results wise, we are where I expected us to be. If we had lost to Arsenal on opening day 2-1 and then comfortably beat Burnley, we would still have the three points we do now. So results wise, we're on par. But that performance against Burnley was a real worry.
  • Glad we have a game in an hour or so. Perfect game to win, score some goals and get some confidence back heading into an important league fixture against Spurs.

14089046_678634852292375_2246622824266634681_n.jpg

I wasnt the biggest fan of the Mane purchase but having watched him in preseason, then against Arsenal and then today, I agree, he's worth every penny. You can see how much we missed him against Burnley.

He's lightning but also has excellent close control. He loves a take on, getting to the byline, beating a man, it just puts defenses under pressure and can cause chaos.

Cracking signing I think who could be in for a big season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great response from the last game with a 5-0 win and clean sheet over a smaller team in which we struggle with. Fair play to Burton for not parking the bus.

Mane was my MOTM, Good to have Matip get some mins under his belt, Sturridge with 2 goals was great.

Also liked Milners game, he was tidy at the back and wasn't out of position like Moreno. Also got himself an assist.

Great response from the last game with a 5-0 win and clean sheet over a smaller team in which we struggle with. Fair play to Burton for not parking the bus.

Mane was my MOTM, Good to have Matip get some mins under his belt, Sturridge with 2 goals was great.

Also liked Milners game, he was tidy at the back and wasn't out of position like Moreno. Also got himself an assist.
I thought both full backs were excellent. Clyne responded terrifically to his horrible error against Burnley and put in an excellent show down the right. Pretty sure he grabbed as assist aswell.

Struggling to remember now. Did Clyne get the ball in for Origi's goal. Then was it Mane that picked out Firm.

Can then with the header onto the defender for the own goal. Does that count as an assist? Then the last two were Milner and Mane assists.

Mane was MOTM for me also.

I thought both full backs were excellent. Clyne responded terrifically to his horrible error against Burnley and put in an excellent show down the right. Pretty sure he grabbed as assist aswell.

Struggling to remember now. Did Clyne get the ball in for Origi's goal. Then was it Mane that picked out Firm.

Can then with the header onto the defender for the own goal. Does that count as an assist? Then the last two were Milner and Mane assists.

Mane was MOTM for me also.
Mane had a little pass across to Origi who flicked it in. Clyne crossed to Firminos head.

Will have a crack at the team vs Spurs.

Coutinho-Sturridge-Mane
Wijnaldum-Can-Henderson
Milner-Lovren-Matip-Clyne
Mignolet

Subs: Manninger, Klavan, Moreno, Stewart, Lallana, Firmino, Origi

Lucas and Markovic could be back but I don't expect them to play.
Dont think Wijnaldum will start. I think we will make only the one change. Coutinho will come in. No idea who for. Probably Origi.

ffs just realised that the Port game is on 2 hours before the Pool game.

Should be slightly annoying for North, Gold Coast and GWS supporting Pool fans too.

Will have the AFL game on TV and a fair chunk of the Pool game playing on my laptop.
Billiards? :) 4 straight hours of disappointment for us you'd think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back