The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

despite how much extra money we have, it would be weird for these owners, this manager, his team to buy a centre half for 50mil or two players for 100mil. it's always a risk putting that much money into a player. there seems to be too much noise about all these players to think we're going to get them, already seeing sessegnon linked to staying in london, that was always gonna happen. i just want klopp to surprise us all with another few players we don't expect that end up fantastic, like last window.

Prices have inflated, that's the reality of it. Mane fee looked bloody expensive last summer but now it's actually a bargain

I really rate VVD but wouldn't be that disappointed if Chelsea end up being the ones paying the 50 mil. Whoever loses out on VVD will probably buy Koulibaly

It will be strange to spend that kind of coin on one player never mind 50m each on two players. But money in football is going up and up and transfer prices are going up and up.

If we want to contend, it's time to push the boat out.

I'm all for it, because at the end of the day, it aint my money.

despite how much extra money we have, it would be weird for these owners, this manager, his team to buy a centre half for 50mil or two players for 100mil. it's always a risk putting that much money into a player. there seems to be too much noise about all these players to think we're going to get them, already seeing sessegnon linked to staying in london, that was always gonna happen. i just want klopp to surprise us all with another few players we don't expect that end up fantastic, like last window.

In reality you need a bit of both.

Matip was epic and cost us nothing in transfer fees.

Mane was epic and cost us 34M squid, and everyone thought we paid overs at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...urns-back-on-chelsea-england?CMP=share_btn_tw

Looks like we're getting some Chelsea kid
Liverpool are to sign Dominic Solanke from Chelsea having beaten several Premier League and European clubs to a deal for the promising young striker.

The 19-year-old has agreed terms with the Anfield club after refusing to sign a contract extension at Stamford Bridge amid concern over a lack of first-team opportunities. Solanke’s current deal expires this summer but, as he is under 24, Liverpool will have to pay Chelsea a compensation fee to be decided by a tribunal. The fee is expected to be in the region of £2m-£3m.

Solanke has an impressive goalscoring record for Chelsea’s youth teams and represented England up to Under-21 level. He is currently part of Paul Simpson’s squad for the Under-20s World Cup in South Korea and spent the 2015-16 season on loan at Vitesse Arnhem, where he scored seven goals in 25 appearances.

The striker’s stand-off with Chelsea over a new contract had alerted an array of clubs to his availability and several Premier League teams competed with Liverpool for his signature. Solanke, who will earn under £20,000-a-week at Anfield, also had offers from Red Bull Leipzig in Germany and Celtic, who saw him as a potential replacement for Moussa Dembele.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back