The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonder if it's true that Soton will have new owners soon that the new ones would be okay with selling VVD
Takeover is rumoured to be completed over the weekend. I remain hopeful.

"Hi Liverpool, City, Chelsea - stop being dicks and unsettling our most valuable asset a month out from us negotiating sale of the club. Poor form. Just wait until it's all sorted and we'll chat then. Cheers."

"...Morning chaps, remember that chat we had? Alright well if you insist on talking to our players, at least do it in private so you don't spook our prospective buyers or give them incentive to lowball us. Do not talk to the papers about it. Cheers."

"You scouse c**ts."

Sheyi Ojo vs Italy u20:

Matchwinning performance after coming on as a sub at 0-1 down. Reminds me a bit of Sturridge at times with his footwork and the way he is able to generate such power and accuracy with such little backlift.

19 years old, it'll be interesting to see what he does this season. Stress fracture in his back kept him out until November which set him back a bit, and the club knocked back a few loan offers for him in January so that Klopp, Ljinders et al could work with him. Strong interest from Benitez at Newcastle, and I think if we do sanction a loan then that could be a great move for him. He's the most talented player in our academy in my opinion, and he's now at the stage that he needs regular exposure to senior football. If he can get that at Liverpool with the extra games this season then great, but Newcastle working under Benitez would be a great back up option for him I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As the first ever Liverpool kit was blue, they made 1,892 (1892 get it) special anniversary edition shirts that have blue stripes instead of the green on the away shirt.

Wonder if it's true that Soton will have new owners soon that the new ones would be okay with selling VVD

I think times have changed. Southampton got £127m from TV rights distribution deal last season, Sunderland finished last and still got about £100m.

It is just so lucrative to stay in the Premier League these days. Will clubs be willing to risk being relegated and lose their YEARLY £100+ million TV rights deal payout just to make a quick buck from selling one of their top players for a profit of £60m - £70m for one year?

Premier-League-Prize-Money-distribution-explained.jpg

Last edited:
This Gelson Martin thing must be one of the dumbest transfer "smokescreens" I've ever seen

Pissed at one of the best wingers in Italian costing 35 mil, so the alternative is apparently a raw kid in Portugal with a 60 mil release clause

Whoever at the club thinks it'd make Roma shite their pants might need to be transferred to another department

This Gelson Martin thing must be one of the dumbest transfer "smokescreens" I've ever seen

Pissed at one of the best wingers in Italian costing 35 mil, so the alternative is apparently a raw kid in Portugal with a 60 mil release clause

Whoever at the club thinks it'd make Roma shite their pants might need to be transferred to another department

I get the need to have alternatives but agreed. Without being privy to internal discussions this whole thing just looks absolutely absurd.

Sheyi Ojo vs Italy u20:

Matchwinning performance after coming on as a sub at 0-1 down. Reminds me a bit of Sturridge at times with his footwork and the way he is able to generate such power and accuracy with such little backlift.

19 years old, it'll be interesting to see what he does this season. Stress fracture in his back kept him out until November which set him back a bit, and the club knocked back a few loan offers for him in January so that Klopp, Ljinders et al could work with him. Strong interest from Benitez at Newcastle, and I think if we do sanction a loan then that could be a great move for him. He's the most talented player in our academy in my opinion, and he's now at the stage that he needs regular exposure to senior football. If he can get that at Liverpool with the extra games this season then great, but Newcastle working under Benitez would be a great back up option for him I think.

I'd heard rumblings that he wasnt given a chance due to a poor attitude. Hence him being behind the much younger Woodburn all season long. He's a super talent. Has plenty of end product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back