The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read that we mightn't go through with phase 2, ah well hope they do it. 59k would be grand

What you've said it mostly right. The reason they won't expand the Anfield road stand (yet) is because they need to pay off the main stand first. But the idea is that once it's paid off, they'll do the Anfield road end and take the capacity to around 60k.

here's a photo of the proposed plans for the Anfield road stand:
BvENvpcCQAAQZLb.png

Reactions like this are why most footballers are guarded and only talk in cliches, because some people lose their heads when one dares to speak honestly.

Nothing wrong with what Sturridge said. He'll play wide if asked but he prefers playing through the middle. It is literally no different to what James Milner said about playing fullback and no different to what Steven Gerrard said for 15 years about playing centre mid.

it's pretty different to completely different situations.. sturridge whines every time straight away. the first line annoyed me most - it would annoy our manager - he said he likes to be able to conduct attacks himself without thinking, that sounds like the antithesis of a klopp centre forward doesn't it? now we have the creative players here who we want to be able to pull off moves in their sleep like BVB do. he should want to finish them especially as he's not geting younger or faster. his attitude worked when we had no team and desperately needed that from someone, he was a hero and saviour, but we don't need a saviour anymore, it's not a good mentality for the club to keep building around saviours. i don't think he'll just play out wide if asked, he doesn't want to, that's why he makes noise about it. i mean he will for a string of games or whatever but he wont be happy and it wont work and like i said he most likely cannot physically do it any more to the same effect he once did. i just wanna see him buy in like literally everyone else..

it's pretty different to completely different situations.. sturridge whines every time straight away. the first line annoyed me most - it would annoy our manager - he said he likes to be able to conduct attacks himself without thinking, that sounds like the antithesis of a klopp centre forward doesn't it? now we have the creative players here who we want to be able to pull off moves in their sleep like BVB do. he should want to finish them especially as he's not geting younger or faster. his attitude worked when we had no team and desperately needed that from someone, he was a hero and saviour, but we don't need a saviour anymore, it's not a good mentality for the club to keep building around saviours. i don't think he'll just play out wide if asked, he doesn't want to, that's why he makes noise about it. i mean he will for a string of games or whatever but he wont be happy and it wont work and like i said he most likely cannot physically do it any more to the same effect he once did. i just wanna see him buy in like literally everyone else..

Why would it annoy our manager that Sturridge plays on instinct? It's a very normal thing to say and I imagine most of the worlds best strikers are like that, including Lewandowski. "The antihesis of a Klopp centre forward"? Definitely sounds like you're reading way too much in to what was a fairly innocuous comment.

Of course he doesn't want to play out wide all the time because that's not his position. I would have thought that'd be obvious and a fairly typical reaction from a footballer. But he also said that if the manager wants him to play out wide then he will do it so I really don't get what the problem is other than it's Daniel Sturridge and people love to have a go at him for some reason.

Last edited:
bloody sturridge whining again!! he basically said to the echo that he likes playing CF because he doesn't have to think and he can just conduct the game - no s**t, that's why Klopp wants you OUT of such an important focal point! he doesn't want a CF who wants everything to go through him like that, who wants 4 or 5 other things before thinking he should play the shape and see if that gets him success.. he'll just put fans against the manager if he keeps complaining. i don't even wanna see him a part of the build up. isn't he best as a finisher, sure we've seen goals where he 1-2s and runs in like an unstoppable gazelle but we've seen ten times as many when he's finished the teams craft? and since he's older and slower how long will he have patches of form where he can run everywhere like a gazelle? maybe he's also speaking cos he's worried about his body, he can't play every match on the wing using his crazy acceleration and skills, they don't exist in the same fashion right now as they did. i would still rather him stay of course because he's fantastic but i would take klopp and anything he wants for the team over sturridge's ideas every day of the week
What

Why wouldn't Klopp want an unthinking, instinct driven jet CF like Daniel? Isn't that exactly what the gameplan begs for? Quick movement, one twos, etc?

He has always said he wants to play striker. Has done so his entire career. It's why he came to Liverpool in the first place. When our best striker is playing wide he has every right to ask why, particularly when he's ineffective as a wide man.

And he's lost touch? What makes you think that? He basically fired us into the EL final and was the only scorer there. That winner he scored against Wales spoke to how bloody good he still is.

Funniest rumour of the day, Balotelli had allegedly told his agent he wants a Mourinho reunion at ManU.

On the off chance this is real
a) we don't do business with United, period
b) there is a zero chance they would want his lazy ass
Somehow I think we'd make an exception to rule A in this case.
as long as stud/lala/hendo are in the team we will continue to be mediocre.
I was thinking about this in the League Cup game after Hendo played a ball to no-one and I think it may be that Lallana has changed his game under Jurgo. Studge and Hendo and him together aren't really working at the moment and the thing that has changed is Lallphabet is running around deeper (even making at least two good DM tackles and two similar but close-to-disastrous interventions in the penalty box). They've all played together for LFC and England for a while and of course managers love Lallzanberry for how hard he works in training so maybe him changing up has effected the instinctual play of Stud and Hendor.

Burton #lfcmvp #faithformod #ManeWasMVPFromMinute20VArsenal
5 - Matip
4 - Clyne
3 - Mane
2 - Sturridge
1 - Origi

I think Can's injury just looked like the pain you get when you turn it. Here's hoping that's right and he could've walked it off, but they wanted to double-check. Grujic was maybe being readied for the Spurs game anyway...? Disappointing to not see him at Burt.

Current Liverpool Player of the Season leaderboard.

Note these votes are for the two games v Arsenal and Burnley as some people are perhaps still voting on the Burton Abion game.

Leaderboard after two games.

1. Ragnar Klaven - 46.33
  2. Phillipe Coutinho - 31.66
  3. Dejan Lovren - 29.33
  4. Sadio Mane - 28.00
  5. Simon Mignolet - 24.33
  6. Adam Lallana - 16.66
  7. Marko Grujic - 13.33
  8. James Milner - 10.66
  9. Jordan Henderson - 8.66
  10. Roberto Firmino - 5.00
  11. Nathaniel Clyne - 3.66
  12. Gini Wijnaldum - 2.33

Also just for further lols for good old Liverpool.

Pope
Darikwa
Long
Tarkowski
Flanagan
Gudmundsson
Ulvestad
O'Niell
Kightly
Vokes
Jutkiewicz

Subbed on were Gray, Arfield and Boyd.

That was the team that Burnley put out and duly lost to Accrington Stanley who currently sit 18th in League Two.

7 of those 14 players that played against Accrington played against us.

Go Liverpool!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also just for further lols for good old Liverpool.

Pope
Darikwa
Long
Tarkowski
Flanagan
Gudmundsson
Ulvestad
O'Niell
Kightly
Vokes
Jutkiewicz

Subbed on were Gray, Arfield and Boyd.

That was the team that Burnley put out and duly lost to Accrington Stanley who currently sit 18th in League Two.

7 of those 14 players that played against Accrington played against us.

Go Liverpool!

Actually makes my blood boil, SAD

Current Liverpool Player of the Season leaderboard.

Note these votes are for the two games v Arsenal and Burnley as some people are perhaps still voting on the Burton Abion game.

Leaderboard after two games.

1. Ragnar Klaven - 46.33
  2. Phillipe Coutinho - 31.66
  3. Dejan Lovren - 29.33
  4. Sadio Mane - 28.00
  5. Simon Mignolet - 24.33
  6. Adam Lallana - 16.66
  7. Marko Grujic - 13.33
  8. James Milner - 10.66
  9. Jordan Henderson - 8.66
  10. Roberto Firmino - 5.00
  11. Nathaniel Clyne - 3.66
  12. Gini Wijnaldum - 2.33
Shouldn't the maximum be ten? Two games in?

In the ol' Liverpool forum I used to go to, they just did 3-2-1 (kicked out of the forum coz they thought I made a racist comment, when it was actually someone called Couldbe not Cooldude that said it, got banned, complained, they reversed it, I joked that it sucked to be in Guantanamo, permabanned. Angry scousers ;) )

Those big numbers will get pretty ridiculous closer to the end of the season, I think with the 5-4-3-2-1 it's best to just award 5 for the most voted for that game and so forth

Shouldn't the maximum be ten? Two games in?
In the ol' Liverpool forum I used to go to, they just did 3-2-1 (kicked out of the forum coz they thought I made a racist comment, when it was actually someone called Couldbe not Cooldude that said it, got banned, complained, they reversed it, I joked that it sucked to be in Guantanamo, permabanned. Angry scousers ;) )

Those big numbers will get pretty ridiculous closer to the end of the season, I think with the 5-4-3-2-1 it's best to just award 5 for the most voted for that game and so forth
Does it matter if the numbers get big, just as long as they are accurate.

I did it this way by giving a % of the total votes.

Coutinho had 95 votes of the 300 votes that were cast for the opener against Arsenal. So I gave him the % of the 300 votes which turns into 31.66.

Nine players received votes against Arsenal. Im doing it this way to get a better idea of our player of the season. Firmino was quite good against Arsenal but he finished 6th in total votes. So if I was just counting votes and giving it to the top five, he would have got nothing for Arsenal despite him playing quite well.

I feel this way rewards every player that gets votes. Wijnaldum received votes in both the Arsenal game and the Burnley game but not enough to make the top five in either game. But counting his small votes tells me that so far, he is having a better year than Moreno, but we wouldnt know that if I do it the other way as both he and Moreno would have 0 votes that way.

Hey guys, I'm starting an anti- jod23 player of the year. Voting will be on the worst player of the year, 1 vote each week. Please hashtag the #morenomedal for votes. Thanks.

If everyone wants it done another way, then I dont mind. I just thought this would give us a better indicator for every player rather than just the top 5 each game.
Yeah sorted I actually just wasn't sure what was going on because you originally said you were running with ADL's idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back