The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Liverpool fan, does anyone else want out? The problem is that it doesn't work like that. The frustration with everything about us continues. :(

As a Liverpool fan, does anyone else want out? The problem is that it doesn't work like that. The frustration with everything about us continues. :(

What do you mean out? like stop following them? * no!

a1e.png

Phil interview after the Burnley game. I do feel he is blowing smoke a bit but at the same time a part of me believes him since he never came out publicly and said anything during the saga.

Phil interview after the Burnley game. I do feel he is blowing smoke a bit but at the same time a part of me believes him since he never came out publicly and said anything during the saga.

He used Burnley being defensive as an excuse. Yet international sides play defensive and he was pulling strings for Brazil.

Yet for us the ball went sailing into the stands over and over.

Poch is a great manager, he even made Lovren look great

Jurg made him look alright since he took over but it seems like he's decided to revert to type this season. Seems like the VVD transfer spooked Lovren, he is mentally made of glass
This. That's Lovren's biggest problem. He's mentally weak.

Liverpool are like your kids. There are times when you want to give them a back hander here and there when they stuff up but they are still your kids and you love them unconditionally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coutinho had a good game except for his shooting. I think the smartest thing Coutinho did regardless of handing in a transfer request was not to use the media to get his transfer completed. Sterling did it and he is hated at Anfield. Suarez never went public and that's why the fans love him.

Coutinho had a good game except for his shooting. I think the smartest thing Coutinho did regardless of handing in a transfer request was not to use the media to get his transfer completed. Sterling did it and he is hated at Anfield. Suarez never went public and that's why the fans love him.

The season before Suarez left he was talking to the Uruguayan press at every opportunity trying to get a move to Arsenal of all clubs. He was sulking all pre-season (including the trip to Australia) and was made to train alone.

The fans loved him because he was really, really, really good at football.

The fans loved him because when we told him to give us one more season and then we would sell him, he put his head down and worked his arse off. He had a magnificent season where we almost won the league. He didn't sulk or spit the dummy.

He didn't sulk
Suarez was heaps mopey in that Victory game at Melbourne before he came on to play for the first time since April that year. He tried to force a move and went public about it from his own mouth - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...eave-Anfield-this-summer-as-Arsenal-wait.html

Invariably all was forgiven because he performed but he didn't want to stay. Ditto Coutinho, who has shown no signs of playing up after the window has shut. Sterling didn't have a chance to knuckle down obviously because he actually got his move. Suarez and Coutinho would probably be regarded the same as Raheem if their moves went through first time as well.

Coutinho is still our best playmaker. Agreed that a lot of his play is in the final third but that's where his strength is. Don't think I've seen a player that looks (and succeeds) for that 1-2 pass around the box as often as he does. His shooting was rubbish over the past couple of games and seems a bit rusty but am sure he'll be back to his best in the next week or two.

I reckon he misses Lallana a lot, we don't really have another person that has that close ball control like him in our squad and it helps when you need to hold the ball up for the runs Coutinho often makes.

Problem with Coutinho is that he isn't a genuine playmaker like an Eriksen, he just wants to do the forward thing and shoot all the time rather than constructing play and picking a pass, even though he has a pass in him. He's gotta bloody adjust now that he's playing midfield

Agree, but I think midfield will turn out to be his best position. Even in that game you could see he just had the ability to change the game with a bit of skill and go really direct. I've always found him a little overrated as a forward - it's great when he sinks one of those long shots but there has to a higher percentage play.

Crucify me all you want but I seriously considered betraying my dad and supporting Rushden and Diamonds in my youth

I love Cout because of his ability to open stuff up. He loves to receive the ball and turn. Then take a player on, breeze past someone. That simple bit of skill draws another defender and opens things up. Nobody else in midfield can take a player on and go past them with a bit of skill. Henderson, Can, Wijnaldum arent gonna do that.

He's not at his best yet.

We've had a bit of an average start to the season but we are yet to get Cout, Firm, Mane and Salah all on the pitch at the same time. Once they are all regularly starting games together, we are gonna be very good.

Top 4 is still the aim. I dont think we can win the league until we sort out our defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back