The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not too fussed about Emre, arguably feels like a bigger loss because he walks for nothing but I feel like we can replace him. It's not great, obviously, but I would be surprised if we don't bring in a genuine replacement over the summer.
He's good but not irreplaceable. Still a shame to lose him.

I believe Klopp has gotten what he always wanted and that was Karius as our No.1. Im doubtful that we bring in a first choice GK in the summer. But we will bring in a No.2 to replace Mignolet who will no doubt look to move on.

Depends on how he ends the season IMO. If he keeps performing like he has been then I have no problem with him being our number 1 going forward.

Bloody hell these prices are crazy.
It's a seller's market right now as a lot of clubs with rich new owners and their cashed up rivals are going Galactico.

Everyone wants names, every punter on SM wants the best, in my opinion it's lazy and infantile and I personally prefer LFCs moneyball approach.

De Gea was total excrement when he arrived at ManU and my how we all laughed. No one's laughing now.

Klopp wants to make potential players brilliant, and if he can do with Karius what he did with Lallana in 2016-7 as an example, I'd much prefer that than just buying our way to the top.

On the flip side, I have a suspicion that being the world's most expensive player might be a label too heavy for young Neymar, especially in France. I doubt we'll see a bubble bursting just yet, but hopefully clubs will start having more success developing their own players again and gigantic transfer fees will drop down again.

I wish the players I like as people would be better footballers. Really rate Migs and feel he has been harshly judged at times but he will move on and I wont be surprised if he is a big sucesss at another club . Felt the same with wee Joe Allen and Danny Ings will be Ino the category soon. Moreno is another who seems to love the club which is why I won't miss Emre as he never struck me as a player who bled red

He's good but not irreplaceable. Still a shame to lose him.

Who will Hendo discuss hair care products with now? :straining:

It hasn't. There was a transfer market crash in the early 2000's where prices went backwards. I can see the bubble bursting eventually.

TV money is dropping next round (in England at least) so there may well be a flow on effect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on how he ends the season IMO. If he keeps performing like he has been then I have no problem with him being our number 1 going forward.

Exactly.
He potentially has 11 EPL games and however many we have left in the CL to prove himself.

The fans and Klopp will have a better idea at the end of the season whether he is a worthy #1 or not.

I wish the players I like as people would be better footballers. Really rate Migs and feel he has been harshly judged at times but he will move on and I wont be surprised if he is a big sucesss at another club . Felt the same with wee Joe Allen and Danny Ings will be Ino the category soon. Moreno is another who seems to love the club which is why I won't miss Emre as he never struck me as a player who bled red
Haha yeah unfortunately sometimes nice guys finish last. I follow Can on social media a bit. He's always banging on about Liverpool and YNWA and all that. Think he genuinely loves the club, but just loves money more.

Haha yeah unfortunately sometimes nice guys finish last. I follow Can on social media a bit. He's always banging on about Liverpool and YNWA and all that. Think he genuinely loves the club, but just loves money more.

With Emre it has nothing to do with the money. It is all about the release clause. If the club would give him one then he would sign the contract. That has been stated this whole time.

With Emre it has nothing to do with the money. It is all about the release clause. If the club would give him one then he would sign the contract. That has been stated this whole time.
Perhaps. Or maybe that's what both sides are saying to avoid being the bad guy.

Can - I want to stay but they wont put in a release clause.

LFC - We want him to stay but we dont do release clauses.

28061138_1767026546697188_3994425378673706407_o.jpg

It's disappointing to lose Can over a release clause, but at the same time, I actually agree with the club's stance about not doing release clauses.

If you give a release clause to one player, then the flow on effect i seen when we negotiate new contracts with other players. If the club is against release clauses and they give one to one player, then every player is going to want a release clause as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back