27867357_10208709653578168_8009225295532845345_n.jpg
We'll take him back for 70m

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Still find it difficult to get my head around the logic of Coutinho's transfer. Why move clubs when you are in fine form and have a CL Campaign ahead of you? And for Barca what's the point of buying a player who is ineligible for CL football? It's not like Coutinho is needed for them to win La Liga. No reason why Barca couldn't have signed him in the summer window. Financially it's a great deal for us pocketing 142m but we would have gotten close to that in the summer window anyway. It didn't make sense when it happened and doesn't make sense now. I expect that we will never sell a world class player in a winter window ever again.

Aug 23, 2009
Hawthorn
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Still find it difficult to get my head around the logic of Coutinho's transfer. Why move clubs when you are in fine form and have a CL Campaign ahead of you? And for Barca what's the point of buying a player who is ineligible for CL football? It's not like Coutinho is needed for them to win La Liga. No reason why Barca couldn't have signed him in the summer window. Financially it's a great deal for us pocketing 142m but we would have gotten close to that in the summer window anyway. It didn't make sense when it happened and doesn't make sense now. I expect that we will never sell a world class player in a winter window ever again.

Makes no sense for us but complete sense for them
- Get him at a cheaper rate than if he lights up CL and World Cup
- Get him before PSG know what's happening with their squad in summer as they may sniff around
- Means they're able to rest players in the lead up to CL ties
- Weakens a potential rival with a light draw at the round of 16 draw in the CL

Nov 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool | Golden State Warriors

Barca made Phil and his gaggle of influencers (greedy agent; fat brother) sh!t the bed with desperation with their "IT'S NOW OR NEVER" bullshit tactics.

They conceded 2 goals in the first 10 minutes and Juve sat back and let 2 in because Buffon had a terrible game.

We scored early and sat back against them too and the refs cost us all 3 points.

Too much back patting going on for Spurs I reckon over some draws. Maybe if they were a relegation side draws would be admirable.
Spurs with 5 draws in their last 8 games. Soton, Newport, LFC, Juve, Rochdale.

CFC_JP

Club Legend
Jun 21, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
Makes no sense for us but complete sense for them
- Get him at a cheaper rate than if he lights up CL and World Cup
- Get him before PSG know what's happening with their squad in summer as they may sniff around
- Means they're able to rest players in the lead up to CL ties
- Weakens a potential rival with a light draw at the round of 16 draw in the CL

I don’t think we could’ve got anymore out of Barca in the summer even if couti had a good WC. He always wanted to go there so we were basically stuck with dealing with Barca. I still can’t comprehend Phil’s intentions of wanting to go in January. We are still fighting for top 4 and CL whereas Barca had laliga won and he has no CL. He’s like that little kid who’s been promised a bike for Christmas but can’t wait till Christmas Day and wants it in November. Can’t say I feel sorry for him being benched.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Spurs with 5 draws in their last 8 games. Soton, Newport, LFC, Juve, Rochdale.
And every single one of those draws were on the road

Our home form is good currently, but we need to improve on the road, drawing at Southampton, Newport and Rochdale isn't good enough, still in the CL and FA Cup though, that's all that matters for now.

And every single one of those draws were on the road

Our home form is good currently, but we need to improve on the road, drawing at Southampton, Newport and Rochdale isn't good enough, still in the CL and FA Cup though, that's all that matters for now.
Would be handy to not have those cup replays though.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Would be handy to not have those cup replays though.
Agree in most circumstances, but the likes of Toby, Wanyama, Sissoko, Lamela, Foyth and Lucas need more gametime, so helps those guys

If we do beat them, I'd be annoyed if the QF goes to another replay though

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
I don’t think we could’ve got anymore out of Barca in the summer even if couti had a good WC. He always wanted to go there so we were basically stuck with dealing with Barca. I still can’t comprehend Phil’s intentions of wanting to go in January. We are still fighting for top 4 and CL whereas Barca had laliga won and he has no CL. He’s like that little kid who’s been promised a bike for Christmas but can’t wait till Christmas Day and wants it in November. Can’t say I feel sorry for him being benched.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I hope he’s a complete failure at Barca. It makes his departure all the more palatable!

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Imagine if we meet Barca in the final!

How is Lucas going? Anyone seen any games of his?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Yeah still annoys me. I would have relented in January but gone the Keita route. Ok we will sell him to you but he aint joining til next season.

Cout hasnt exactly hit the ground running over there and cant play CL but he will of course be fine in due time.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Yeah still annoys me. I would have relented in January but gone the Keita route. Ok we will sell him to you but he aint joining til next season.

Cout hasnt exactly hit the ground running over there and cant play CL but he will of course be fine in due time.

That's the most annoying part. Keita wanted to join in Jan but RB said sorry you can't leave until the end of the season.

Nov 7, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool | Golden State Warriors
That's the most annoying part. Keita wanted to join in Jan but RB said sorry you can't leave until the end of the season.

Keita's a good bloke though, you see. Cout's a mopey little s**t who would have sooked it up and pined for his beloved Barca every training session and social occasion with the lads. Carnt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back