Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
YNWA
They made a very good point about managers in the post match today. Klopp has moved from the Bundesliga to the prem. So has Pep. I think they named one or two others. Their point was that the rise of the prem and fall of the Bundesliga might have more to do with elite managers than elite players.

They ran the old line the other leagues are better because Ronaldo/Messi

It’s bullshit and always has been. We see it time and time again with in particular PSG. The other leagues tend to be very top heavy 2/3 clubs seriously clubs, 1 in the case of the league dominated by the cheating nation state franchise.

But as you start to go down the prem, there is far more quality and competitiveness amongst the other clubs than around the other top 3 European leagues.

The other leagues supporters may scoff and call it the bus parking league but quite frankly I’m far more worried when Liverpool play a club running 10th in the prem than I ever would playing 10th in Germany/Spain/Italy

———-

Now let’s be honest with this years UCL. The top 3 clubs in England are seriously talented teams and are top 8 European quality but Totenham aside whose result was wonderful across both legsw - in our case copping a ageing Bayern and City’s case facing a team that was never going to beat them we both got lucky with the draw. The 4th team there, well they fluked playing a club who has failed time and time again in Europe and still needed a corrupt VAR call to progress.

It may not have been 4 had us/City/That other club copped Juve and Atleti

Ageing Munich side, Real selling their best player and turning to dogshitte + an agreeable draw all contributed to 4 of 8

Not that I’m knocking our win this morning. You can only play what’s in front of you. But apart from that other cheating nation state franchise let’s see if 4 into 8 repeats for 2/3 years before claiming the top sides in the prem can compete with the super rich consistently yet. Regardless of Pep/Jurgen/Poch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Korn

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Yes the draw will be rigged as usual.
We will get an English side, Barcelona and Juventus will be perfectly avoided each other, they won't play Man City and will get Ajax/Porto.

c38t277oc1m21.jpg

tryitout

All Australian
Jan 11, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bundesliga seems weak atm, Bayern is so bad. Ribery the grandpa still getting a game when he can barely run

When Sadio is in form, he is bloody good isn't he. Best patch of form he's hit for us
Funnily enough, I thought Ribery was killing us (well TAA) and was glad when he went off. On TAA, he had probably the worst game I've seen him play, from memory his last stinker was in a CL game as well. Felt like every possession of his was a turnover and was getting run past very easy.

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
Funnily enough, I thought Ribery was killing us (well TAA) and was glad when he went off. On TAA, he had probably the worst game I've seen him play, from memory his last stinker was in a CL game as well. Felt like every possession of his was a turnover and was getting run past very easy.

He was average until removed on the weekend too...

As usual, the 'draw' has been leaked and we have Ajax. The other games are apparently:
  • Juventus vs Porto
  • Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur
  • Barcelona vs Manchester City
I know it is not legit but I so want it to be.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2017
All over the place
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool Boston Celtics Victory
This thread is up and about! I get really annoyed with the Bayern apologists saying how crap they were blah,blah. I wonder if they give any consideration to the fact we didn't allow them to play on their terms. Technically we may not have played our best, but as a team performance it was superb.

BTW how did that c**t Alacantra not get sent off for that stamp on Wini? As for the diving antics of Lewandowski!!
Even so the referee was very good i thought. Just highlighted how crap PL referees are.

As for the draw, i think we will get whoever UEFA want and the warm balls will in action tonight haha.
But seriously i don't care who we get, provided the Cheats don't get yet another soft draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back