The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

About as good a draw as we could have hoped for from an English perspective. Maybe City v Juve, but they have to get past them next either way.

Us v City final would be a fitting end to what's been a pretty titanic season battle.

I hope Barca gets over the mancs because a two legged tie against Barcelona is as good as it gets. Would love to see Suarez and Coutinho again for old time's sake, also that man Messi

Agreed. I want to see Messi. Watching the highlights from their game against Lyon, a part of me was wishing I were a Barca fan so I could watch him every week.

Last time we played Barca in the CL, Messi was still a wonderkid playing on the right before he became the best player in the world. Arbeloa had him in his pocket both legs

Can't ask for anything more than the greatest player in the world playing against us at Anfield

All hypothetical of course, they have to beat the mancs and we have to beat Porto

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of days old...but it’s Everton, so never old...

HGLzmtJ.jpg

Well that went perfectly for us. Not only did we get the easiest possible draw but we get the first leg at Anfiekd so we dont have to travel three days before we play Chelsea in the league.

Hopefully we can blow Porto away well enough at Anfield that the second leg is just a dead rubber much like it was last season.

But also City drawing Spurs meaning Spurs play them three times in a row. So hopefully Spurs can hold them in the league.

Porto have been pretty damn good in Europe this season. Won 5 out 6 in the group (Schalke, Galatasary, Lokomotiv Moscow) and then knocked out Roma.

Not sure about Spurs playing City 3 times in a row, they might tank their league game which doesn't help us.

Not sure about Spurs playing City 3 times in a row, they might tank their league game which doesn't help us.

I doubt it with the rise of United and Arsenal. They are in a real battle for the top 4 now and I think they may just prioritise the league game.

As usual, the 'draw' has been leaked and we have Ajax. The other games are apparently:
  • Juventus vs Porto
  • Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur
  • Barcelona vs Manchester City
I know it is not legit but I so want it to be.
Please don't contribute to the spread of bullshit #fakenews. Every scenario was leaked so that one of them will be correct.

Porto have been pretty damn good in Europe this season. Won 5 out 6 in the group (Schalke, Galatasary, Lokomotiv Moscow) and then knocked out Roma.

it's a phenomenal group and draw they got in the round of 16, don't rate any of those teams this year. Let's be honest this is an absolute dream draw for us and i'll consider anything less than a comfortable win to be poor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back