The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan Henderson is a better captain than Gerrard was.

Yep, I said it.

Easy to think that way with the success we've had recently. Stevie seemed to lead by example more with his onfield deeds, Hendo seems more the glue that calls the tune for teammates and makes them better players. Both wonderful players and leaders in their own way.

Hard to argue with this. Outside of the 'inspirational/uplifting acts on the pitch' category, Henderson has Gerrard covered in all respects.

Henderson can't hold a candle to Gerrard as a player, but in terms of leadership and the way Henderson represents the club, he is a flawless captain.

No doubt Gerrard was a better player, but "can't hold a candle" is a step too far. Henderson is a seriously good player in a very different role.

That was more to talk up Gerrard than disrespect Henderson. I love Hendo, but prime Gerrard would be the best player in this team that's how good he was.

Team id play for Midtylland away:

---------------Kelleher-----------

Neco----Billy the Kid---Williams------Tsimikas

-------Ox----------Clarkson---------Keita

---Minamino---------Bobby----------Origi

Subs:

Adrian
Hendo
Jones
Van Den Berg
Millar
Glatzel

I wouldn't even risk any of them and just send the ballboys and lunchladies over

This morning was fun. A good week after the Brighton fiasco (VAR).

The questions for midweek are:

- Kelleher or Adrian?
- Do we play one of Fabinho or Matip (then rest them for Fulham)?
- Who plays in the midfield with Keita, who needs minutes?
- Neco/TAA a half each?

I think, barring further calamity, I would expect Tsmikas, Rhys, Billy, Keita, Origi & Minamino all to start, and probably Jota.

Jordan Henderson is a better captain than Gerrard was.

Yep, I said it.
It’s hard to argue against this cause as a leader what Henderson has achieved has been out of this world.
You could argue the presence and impact of Stevie was greater and his influence was gigantic as he didn’t have the quality around him that Henderson currently has - however in a results based industry the 2019 season, the CL, the league and challenging again in 2021 - trumps Istanbul and the FA cup (13/14 and 08/09 as well).

If we win it again this season he goes past Stevie.
At the moment they are neck and neck with the league tipping Jordan slightly ahead. One more trophy and Hendo goes down as one of the great captains in world football, not just at Liverpool.

It's really rare that a contract gets this short and suddenly re-signs. When it's left this long, I'd say 95% of the time the players walks. We've seen it recently with Emre Can.
Hopefully Gini has seen how it's gone with Can too

No doubt Gerrard was a better player, but "can't hold a candle" is a step too far. Henderson is a seriously good player in a very different role.
No candles are held. Henderson is a good player. But Gerrard was well... exceptional. A generational talent. Probably the best player to ever put on a Liverpool shirt and we've had some GREAT players.

How quickly you all seem to forget.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Henderson can't hold a candle to Gerrard as a player, but in terms of leadership and the way Henderson represents the club, he is a flawless captain.
I think Henderson also profits massively from having Jurgen Klopp as a manager. I think Gerrard under Klopp would have been something else entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back