The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xi Jing Ping is trying to be Mao mk II, building an ultra-nationalist propaganda campaign, cult of personality and centralising all the power to himself. Human rights issues are getting worse and worse under him as he tries to be more and more of a dictator in order to win over the inner-party struggles. Add to the unstable economy that could very soon collapse, you have a clusterpot of chaos ready to implode any minute, one way or another

If the club becomes reliant on a state like that then we're gonna be dragged into that cluster****, even if we ignore all the obvious moral reasons why they shouldn't own us

And don't believe they'll be satisfied with a small stake, Chinese government or any companies don't play 2nd fiddle. They're like snakes, they either swallow you whole, or they find a weak spot they can wrap their jaw around and then slowly and slowly eat the whole thing. Small stake will become a big stake then become all the stakes, by any means necessary, that is the China way. I wouldn't even like to predict what turmoil it'd throw the club into if they start with a small stake then do their inevitable powerplay/power struggle

I can understand FSG wanting to tap into the Chinese market though. Best to bring a few Chinese sponsors in, would you be ok with that?

Money is all well and good but if we're taking it from a morally bankrupt regime responsible for crimes that rival any in modern history then what does that make us? Money isn't the be all and end all.

That's true, but I'm being sort of the devil's advocate with all of this. At the end of the day people need to remember that it's no longer the working class game anymore, it's a business and FSG aren't immune to that. I wouldn't be angry at them if they accepted an offer too good to refuse.

I can understand FSG wanting to tap into the Chinese market though. Best to bring a few Chinese sponsors in, would you be ok with that?

Sponsors are fine, just as long as people use whatever product or services those sponsors offer at their own risk, coz you know it's gonna be s**t, like Optus

Would rather they give us their corrupt money so we can buy a LB or something, but would definitely not want them owning or having any direct say in how the club would be run

I think some Chinese companies have had stakes in Portugese teams and they have already imposed a "at least one chinese starting player" policy to their teams

No, we don't need to sell the club. But at least this rumour is actually based on something seemingly and not people trying to claim FSG are just here to take everyone's money.
Does any other official system seperate games by whether they were good or not? The system doesn't have to be perfect. I mean, surely there's merit in being the best player when the chips are down and the rest of the team isn't doing much?

It's a fan best player award, g.
Most "official systems" are flawed and we all know it. Umpires favour midfielders in the Brownlow. A single good player in a bad team will horde their votes, while two better players take votes off each other in a different team. We have the opportunity to have our own system, and there is no reason at all to just use standard, flawed methods. Jod has to count up votes and then assign votes anyway. All I'm saying is for a handful of games he could give less votes, and then use those to reward world-class play in other games, like Sadio and Coutinho in the first match. Simple.

The aim of these things should be that they reflect on who was the best player for the season. If we could be more accurate - why not? Yes, Jod could give votes to Can & Karius for having great hair, but unless someone else is going to track every vote, he can do that already anyway.

Way less people have actually voted in this game and pretty much everyone says it's nigh-on impossible to pick a good player. No one played well, with basically the best performer being the only one to not directly make an obvious mistake - Migz - and the next best being the players who only made one or two mistakes: CBs, subs and maybe Milner (although crossing poorly could be considered a mistake and stats say he made 0 interceptions, 0 successful tackles and 0 clearances - but that last stat seems silly considering he did pass it out of defence). And really those one or two defender mistakes reflected the fact they were only under pressure a 10-20 times, while our midfielders used the 80+% possession to rack up 5 or 6 mistakes each.

I gave Lovren my top rating because he was the defender who tried some creative balls that came off. 5-vote game, though? No way.

No, we don't need to sell the club. But at least this rumour is actually based on something seemingly and not people trying to claim FSG are just here to take everyone's money.

Most "official systems" are flawed and we all know it. Umpires favour midfielders in the Brownlow. A single good player in a bad team will horde their votes, while two better players take votes off each other in a different team. We have the opportunity to have our own system, and there is no reason at all to just use standard, flawed methods. Jod has to count up votes and then assign votes anyway. All I'm saying is for a handful of games he could give less votes, and then use those to reward world-class play in other games, like Sadio and Coutinho in the first match. Simple.

The aim of these things should be that they reflect on who was the best player for the season. If we could be more accurate - why not? Yes, Jod could give votes to Can & Karius for having great hair, but unless someone else is going to track every vote, he can do that already anyway.

Way less people have actually voted in this game and pretty much everyone says it's nigh-on impossible to pick a good player. No one played well, with basically the best performer being the only one to not directly make an obvious mistake - Migz - and the next best being the players who only made one or two mistakes: CBs, subs and maybe Milner (although crossing poorly could be considered a mistake and stats say he made 0 interceptions, 0 successful tackles and 0 clearances - but that last stat seems silly considering he did pass it out of defence). And really those one or two defender mistakes reflected the fact they were only under pressure a 10-20 times, while our midfielders used the 80+% possession to rack up 5 or 6 mistakes each.

I gave Lovren my top rating because he was the defender who tried some creative balls that came off. 5-vote game, though? No way.
This sounds like a whole thing, so like a conversative trying to ignore racism I'm gonna tell ya...

Life is unfair. Suck it up. The system stinks but I'm certain no one will be arsed with remembering some peculiar system that deviates from old unreliable.

This sounds like a whole thing, so like a conversative trying to ignore racism I'm gonna tell ya...

Life is unfair. Suck it up. The system stinks but I'm certain no one will be arsed with remembering some peculiar system that deviates from old unreliable.
"The system stinks"??? That's what people say when they don't think they can change it.

We are the ones designing this system.
We're the ABS, Abbott, Turnbull and whichever Minister they've handballed the responsibility to this week. We can decide to not f**k it up. Jod writes half a page on each game, I'm sure once every 15 matches he can note a particularly good/bad game.

Bloody internet these days. It's all whingeing and blaming or shallow clicktavism. Where's the action*? We can make a difference! Yes we can!

*OK. Obviously the internet has 'action' of that kind - but you know that's not what I mean!

A few minor rumours about us having a crack at Martins-Indi.. at least it's someone right?
would at least some sort of coverage at CB/LB.

Ratts of Tobruk, it's just a bit of fun mate. Not the Ballon d'Or. I cant go into that much detail for votes. I mean you're asking me first to rate each game before voting and rating votes. If we play poorly in a 0-0 draw, how should that be rated in a game we play quite well in but draw 0-0. Or we play really s**t and 1-0 but play average and draw 4-4 in weird game.

I cant be doing that.

We just vote on the 5 best players in each game whether as a collective we play badly or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ratts of Tobruk, it's just a bit of fun mate. Not the Ballon d'Or. I cant go into that much detail for votes. I mean you're asking me first to rate each game before voting and rating votes. If we play poorly in a 0-0 draw, how should that be rated in a game we play quite well in but draw 0-0. Or we play really s**t and 1-0 but play average and draw 4-4 in weird game.

I cant be doing that.

We just vote on the 5 best players in each game whether as a collective we play badly or not.

BigFooty D'Bore?

Also, don't think the Chinese are going to pump in millions into the club if they only have a 10% stake. Only way they'd be putting in big money was if there was the chance of them taking full ownership. Also, f*ck them, I have a conscious.

Next up is the league cup vs Burton Albion in 3 days.

Think we'll just rotate the squad since we play Spurs after.

Origi-Ings
Arnold
Can-Stewart-Grujic
Moreno-Matip-Wisdom-Randall
Manninger

Subs: Mignolet, Milner, Klavan, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Sturridge
Brannagan and Woodburn played for the U23s in a 4-1 loss to Chelsea. So they won't be playing tomorrow.

Harry Wilson got the goal https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/sxaf.mp4

No idea how our formation could end up.

Origi-Ings-Milner
Can-Stewart-Grujic
Randall-Lovren-Matip-Arnold
Manninger

Subs: Mignolet, Moreno, Wisdom, Henderson, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Sturridge

Annoyingly, Klopp still isn't happy with Ings' fitness apparently. I bet he just isn't looking good enough in training. He looked poor for us when he first arrived, but a few runs in the team under Rodgers and he had most of the fanbase excited. That seems to have been forgotten.

I cant be doing that.

Yeah, that's why I said it would only be for a handful of games. No-one is arguing that a player deserves 5 votes from that Burnley game, so I see no reason to give them 5 when we don't have to. Obviously we hope it's the only game like that all season.

Hendo was good and busy. Like others he made errors but only 2 or 3 compared to Lallana, Coutinho & Sturridge. Firmino I feel made less errors, but wasn't in the game as much. Wijnaldum was mostly unambitious and when he did try something he got it wrong. I can think of at least 3 floated through balls that went to no-one. Grujic had one good hit and one not so good hit, but he looked direct and should get more game-time.

Klavan doesn't have the pace to play FB in England

This. As a 4th choice CB he can do a job and is a very honest no nonsense player. But that's all he can be for us. If we are relying on him we are in trouble.

I just want the Sakho / Lovren partnership back. They were absolutely dominating until Sakho got shafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back