The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Can is still a better holding mid option than Hendo, although I wanna see Can as a box to box

We're better off just buying someone like Medel to do that job
Hmm this is the problem. Midfield is a real issue.

If we are playing 4-3-3 then I think the three midfield roles should be.

A DM, a box to box and then a controller, passmaster type.

The problem is we dont really have a DM outside of Lucas who is obviously out of favour and we also dont have a controller, passmaster Alonso type.

We do have box to box midfielders though. Can, Henderson and even Wijnaldum are all box to box. We have too many of one type and none of the other type.

Dahoud would have been perfect this summer. Someone who can pass a ball, get us started from deep, is controlled and calm in possession.

Henderson just passed sideways and backwards all night long. Got us nowhere.

Last edited:
And? I could find highlights of any player in the world like that. He certainly wasn't anywhere near our worst performer. Not sure why you'd bring up what one fan says.
You said you didn't see much wrong with his game. That fan has pointed out a few things you could probably find wrong with his game on the weekend.

No one was suggesting he was your worst player, just that he had a poor game.

You said you didn't see much wrong with his game. That fan has pointed out a few things you could probably find wrong with his game on the weekend.

No one was suggesting he was your worst player, just that he had a poor game.

Henderson wasn't the reason we lost. He actually won the ball in midfield most of he time, hence our domination of possession.

Clyne & Klavan turning the ball over cost us goals & the wrong setup attacking a defensive side were the reasons we lost. Really don't understand why you are digging up videos on Henderson. The whole team had a bad day, probably feeling the effects of a long pre season and not once playing at home yet not helping.

I reckon for #lfcpoty there almost needs to be a grading of a game. 5 votes in this game should be worth way less than 5 last game. Since you're manually divvying them up, Jod, after getting all the votes, then you could get the totals and the sentiment and work it out from there. i.e. If everyone has someone as best on one game then they might get to take a few votes of whoever ends up top in this game. Hopefully we don't play any worse than this in the season to come, but it's hard to argue anyone deserves more than 2 votes, which frees up 12 votes for you to spend on other games, where we don't give the ball away repeatedly.

This is the best way to work out my 15 votes:

2.5 Grujic
2.5 Lovren
2 Mignolet
2 Klavan
1 Milner
1 Winjaldum
1 Moreno
1 Henderson
1 Coutinho
1 Firmino

I'm maybe most disappointed that with no Mané, Ings wasn't even on the bench.

As I've said before, I'd like to see Grujic getting more game-time, and of course Can should be 100% any day now. They're our future and the on-ground reps for Buvač and Klopp respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back