The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread - Champions of England

Remove this Banner Ad

GoEaglesGoSGIO

Premiership Player
Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Evil is really a gross overstatement of what is going on.

Also, your rationale invites one to believe you are happy for a club to turn its back on life-destroying drug abuse as long as premierships are won.
Capitalism is evil. Im not gonna sugar coat it because its being organised by a white American male

Cooldude

Hall of Famer
Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
I think you are greatly underestimating what has been done to be honest.

You can do a inexcusable act without any form of retribution in life. Not everything is forgivable. In the context of the sporting world, this is a unforgivable act
No one is underestimating anything, that is why the outrage against the Super League is almost universal among the fans, that includes Liverpool fans. You trying to paint the entire fanbase in the same brush as the greedy billionaire hedge fund owners is the crazy bit

GoEaglesGoSGIO

Premiership Player
Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
No one is underestimating anything, that is why the outrage against the Super League is almost universal among the fans, that includes Liverpool fans. You trying to paint the entire fanbase in the same brush as the greedy billionaire hedge fund owners is the crazy bit
If you support it you are a part of it. Its a bit like a drug cheat coming out saying "Ive cheated and will continue to cheat" and you still supporting that individual athlete. Your support of him is also supporting his actions

I do have empathy and feel sorry for you all by the way so I dont mean to be I guess aggressive about it. Just being honest really. It is shithouse but ultimately Liverpool is dead. Time to move on and support something you believe in

Last edited:

Cooldude

Hall of Famer
Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
If you support it you are a part of it.
No we aren't

Horrifically bad example I know but you cant exactly walk around with the ISIS flag and claim you are against Islamic terrorism for example now can you
Okay, now that you're comparing football with actual terrorism, that's when I know you've lost the plot. Ignored

(Log in to remove this ad.)

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
No, but its relevant for all really. The shirt is irrelevant. I just posted it here as its the first thing I saw so yeah, not singling out
I suggest taking your discussion to this thread:

GoEaglesGoSGIO

Premiership Player
Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
So if you support capitalism you are part of it. Like Julie Bishop.
Julie Bishop did not interject her capitlaism into core West Coast Eagles policies though. If she did I wouldnt support Eagles.

So for example if Eagles went to China to create a Chinese football league. Im not supporting Eagles anymore. That is a given

GoEaglesGoSGIO

Premiership Player
Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
I suggest taking your discussion to this thread:

I never saw that. Ill post in there then.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Lillee, Marsh, Walters, the Chappells... pariahs initially but it doesn't last long.

Occasionally things have to be blown up to take them forward

It sucks but whatever the fallout is it will be temporary

Remove this Banner Ad