The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thiago has been good without being excellent. But lately it's started to click for him and we are seeing him at his best. He's a hell of a footballer.

Our injuries are crazy. Just need someone on the left to field an injured XI.

Kelleher
Gomez Matip VVD Kabak
Henderson Keita Milner
Ox Jota ??
Throw U23s striker Layton Stewart in there (ACL 2 months ago).

Thiago missed the first half of the season after the Richarlison assault at Goodison. He makes the injury XI ahead of Milner.
The injury XI are people who are currently injured.

Alisson's a preacher isn't he? Maybe he called in a favour from upstairs.

Expecting more of the same against Burnley. Low block, set pieces, alehouse football. Crowds will apparently be back as well, hope the players are ready for it.

Gives us more leeway that we might get away with a draw in one of our final two matches and still squeeze in. If Leicester win we cant finish above them so it means we only have one team who can * up.

A draw leaves Leicester on 67 and Chelsea on 65 meaning if we draw against Burlney we are on 64 but that still gives us two chances on the final day instead of one.

So Leicester wpuld need to avoid defeat and Chelsea would need to win.

But if Leicester win... we have to win out to get past Chelsea or draw and then hope to stay ahead on GD on the final day.

A bit complicated... haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gives us more leeway that we might get away with a draw in one of our final two matches and still squeeze in. If Leicester win we cant finish above them so it means we only have one team who can fu** up.

A draw leaves Leicester on 67 and Chelsea on 65 meaning if we draw against Burlney we are on 64 but that still gives us two chances on the final day instead of one.

So Leicester wpuld need to avoid defeat and Chelsea would need to win.

But if Leicester win... we have to win out to get past Chelsea or draw and then hope to stay ahead on GD on the final day.

A bit complicated... haha
We can still finish above Leicester but will need them to lose the final match day and us win both. That's if they beat Chelsea. Both finish on 69 and we would go ahead on GD.

Ah you explained it all good. It's messy lol. I think we still go through if we finish 4th, Chelsea 5th, and they win the CL in which case them losing to Leicester would mean they can only reach 67 points and for us a win and draw should still see us advance on GD regardless of what happens in the CL although I don't think CL matters anymore with qualification spots for next year

Yeah I think the best alternative is actually a heavy Leicester win to hurt Chelsea's GD. Then we beat Burnley handsomely.

Then we could go into the final day where even a draw might be enough for us.

I dont know haha... Just win both and land where we land!!

Yeah I think the best alternative is actually a heavy Leicester win to hurt Chelsea's GD. Then we beat Burnley handsomely.

Then we could go into the final day where even a draw might be enough for us.

I dont know haha... Just win both and land where we land!!
Haha I can't believe we are still in it mate

Alisson's a preacher isn't he? Maybe he called in a favour from upstairs.

Expecting more of the same against Burnley. Low block, set pieces, alehouse football. Crowds will apparently be back as well, hope the players are ready for it.
Yep. IIRC, he and his missus performed a baptism on Bobby.

just watching the end of the game again on LFCTV on BeIN Sports and they called him the Holy Goalie 🤣

So Kabak has probably played his last game for us. We need Phillips and Rhys Williams to give us 180 more good minutes.

Milner might be back, could be an option in midfield with Fabinho and Thiago possibly.

Burnley is gonna be tougher, Sean ******* Dyche, Chris Wood against our CBs, they will get a crowd back, we have played 3 games in 7 days and tired AF
Gotta stop it at the supply. Starve Wood of opportunities by absolutely controlling the midfield because he's an absolute beast in the air. I'll be nervous haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back