Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
pk2vHMl.jpg

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
If Hendo, Fabinho and Keita are all fit for the game after, then Jones and Ox could play this one.

Maybe something like this (Factoring in that Kelleher and Gordon are ruled out, and Dixon-Bonner played yesterday)

Mane-Minamino-Origi
Jones-Morton-Ox
Kostas-Gomez-Konate-Neco
Adrian

Subs: Alisson, Phillips, Matip, Robertson, Balagizi, Musialowski, Jota

I would have Henderson on the bench just for leadership in the dressing room and to come on if needed to shore up the midfield.

I would have Henderson on the bench just for leadership in the dressing room and to come on if needed to shore up the midfield.
Wind back the clock for Matip and have him at DM like he was at Schalke.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg

The AFCON can't be postponed again as world cup is next year and the next AFCON is scheduled to go ahead in Ivory Coast June 2023.

Quite frankly there seems little point in playing this AFCON. Also FIFA are running the FIFA Arab Cup in Qatar as a preparation tournament for the World Cup next year from 30 Nov to 18 December.

This includes 4 African teams (Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, Egypt) plus possibly 4 others depending on qualifiers next month. Salah isn't playing in this obviously but there will be some players for those teams who will have to play both tournaments, Qatar 2022 in November next year and then AFCON again in June 2023.

Obviously I am biased being a Liverpool supporter but scheduling of AFCON in January this year seems pointless with the competition played every 2 years and the one off FIFA Arab Cup in Qatar.

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
That triangle between our right side midfielder, Mo and Trent is just causing so much havoc this season

We've essentially pushed the right midfielder so far up we're playing a really lopsided 4-2-3-1 and it's helping Mo and Trent a lot.

Can't believe Ole didn't do his homework at all to try and stop it, all 5 goals came from an overlap down the right

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.

I just have a feeling about Bellingham. I reckon we're massively into him, and will make a proper attempt at signing him.

Yeah I get that feeling we are proper into him aswell. Whether we can get it done though is another matter entirely. I think City will be all over him too and BVB will want like 700 million dollars so....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back