The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing in our favour with the Salah negotiations is he is desperate to stay. As for alternatives for Salah:

PSG: He is not interested in Ligue 1. Can go ahead and get a big payday there anyway when he is 34/35.
Barca - Out for financial reasons
Real: Also probably out for financial reasons. They want Haaland in anycase.
Bayern: Not in the ballpark wages wise. Probably doesn't want to join the Bundesliga yet.
Chelsea - He'll never go back there.
Man Utd - Zero chance even if they gave him 500k/week
City - No
Juve - No chance, especially after Ronaldo cleaned them out.

So while he may have big demands there really aren't many alternatives that can match those big demands. And of those teams PSG would be able to offer the biggest wage package and I don't see him wanting to play in Ligue 1 especially when he could easily get a big deal at PSG when he is done with Liverpool around 2025/2026.

In short Liverpool is his only realistic option, his agent knows it, we know it. Every day he doesn't sign a deal is lost money for Salah and his agent so I am predicting now that a new deal will be announced sometime in Feb. Terms to be around 340k/ week with up to 60k / week in bonuses until 2025 with an option for a further year.

If Salah leaves on a free transfer, all those clubs have to worry about are his wages and possibly a signing on fee.

Every week that goes by without him re-signing for Liverpool strengthens his position.

If Salah leaves on a free transfer, all those clubs have to worry about are his wages and possibly a signing on fee.

Every week that goes by without him re-signing for Liverpool strengthens his position.

The thing is most of those clubs arent under consideration by Mo and any that do cant sign him for another 18 months. Mo definetly aint going to PSG either no matter the wages on offer.

And every day that passes without a new deal is costing Salah and his agent money.

I bet a new deal is announced in Feb.

Second place is looking more and more likely as Chelsea continue to tank.

Frustrating looking at the table though, if we win our game in hand it means the only difference between us and City is we have drawn four more games. Both us and City have only been beaten twice all season.

Just those damn draws. Ugh.

City are winning the games teams that win titles tend to win (a lot of 1 goal wins, winners in injury time, such as their win at Arsenal). I'm describing them now as having "solved" the PL - they are just able to build a squad that is "event" proof, while all other clubs can't seem to do that.

Meanwhile, we drew at Tottenham with a weak team, a send off and a send off for the other team that should have happened but didn't, two draws from 2 goals up (at Chelsea and at home to Brighton), as well as the crazy game at Brentford and the inability to get a winner against ten man Chelsea. We also couldn't protect a lead at home to City, although to be fair, City are very good.

City are winning the games teams that win titles tend to win (a lot of 1 goal wins, winners in injury time, such as their win at Arsenal). I'm describing them now as having "solved" the PL - they are just able to build a squad that is "event" proof, while all other clubs can't seem to do that.

Meanwhile, we drew at Tottenham with a weak team, a send off and a send off for the other team that should have happened but didn't, two draws from 2 goals up (at Chelsea and at home to Brighton), as well as the crazy game at Brentford and the inability to get a winner against ten man Chelsea. We also couldn't protect a lead at home to City, although to be fair, City are very good.
Yep... I thought City were hugely lucky to find those last two wins though, the 1-0 against Chelsea and the 2-1 against Arsenal on another day could have finished 0-0 and 1-1 and we'd be kind in the title race. But alas... just not happening this season.

City had 2 VAR assisted wins against Arsenal & Wolves. Whereas VAR cost us 2 points against Spurs pretty clearly (Jota absolute blatant pen and Kane blatant red both in the first half). There's a 6 point turnaround just from VAR decisions.

These things tend to even themselves out over the season so the reverse could very well happen in the remainder of the season.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing in our favour with the Salah negotiations is he is desperate to stay. As for alternatives for Salah:

PSG: He is not interested in Ligue 1. Can go ahead and get a big payday there anyway when he is 34/35.
Barca - Out for financial reasons
Real: Also probably out for financial reasons. They want Haaland in anycase.
Bayern: Not in the ballpark wages wise. Probably doesn't want to join the Bundesliga yet.
Chelsea - He'll never go back there.
Man Utd - Zero chance even if they gave him 500k/week
City - No
Juve - No chance, especially after Ronaldo cleaned them out.

So while he may have big demands there really aren't many alternatives that can match those big demands. And of those teams PSG would be able to offer the biggest wage package and I don't see him wanting to play in Ligue 1 especially when he could easily get a big deal at PSG when he is done with Liverpool around 2025/2026.

In short Liverpool is his only realistic option, his agent knows it, we know it. Every day he doesn't sign a deal is lost money for Salah and his agent so I am predicting now that a new deal will be announced sometime in Feb. Terms to be around 340k/ week with up to 60k / week in bonuses until 2025 with an option for a further year.
The Liverpool Echo’s Blood Red Podcast claims that Salah wants 400k/week. Liverpool are only prepared to pay 300k/wk. The next highest player is VVD on 220k/wk apparently.
I’m of the belief that 350k/wk until the end of the 2025/26 season will get the contract sorted. However, I can’t see FSG paying this.
Goodbye Salah and thanks for your service. Hopefully I’m wrong.

The Liverpool Echo’s Blood Red Podcast claims that Salah wants 400k/week. Liverpool are only prepared to pay 300k/wk. The next highest player is VVD on 220k/wk apparently.
I’m of the belief that 350k/wk until the end of the 2025/26 season will get the contract sorted. However, I can’t see FSG paying this.

I'm constantly flabbergasted at these numbers the top players get.
300k PER WEEK is not enough.

I understand market value etc etc
15 mil per year vs 20 mil per year etc etc

But just looking at that number in isolation. The majority of people on the planet would never see just that one week's wage in their lifetimes, and many 1st world people would take 5-10 years just to match that one week.
The upper echelon of earners (sports, arts, business etc) share our planet, but live in an entirely different world.

As for Mo, I'm confident the deal will get done.
They wouldn't let our talisman walk. Surely. There'll be rioting on the streets of Liverpool.

And where exactly will Salah get those demands? PSG isn't an option. Real & Barca dont have the finances. Bayern will never pay a player 400k / week.

FSG will meet somewhere in the middle with the compromise being extra bonuses. Salary around the 340/350k mark gets the deal done.

So in summary,

Ox ruled out of the league cup semi, and a chance to return the game after.

Thiago 2 more weeks. Origi 2+ weeks.

Elliott, Nat Phillips, Karius and Jaros in full training, Elliott will need time before selection.

Salah, Mane, Keita still at AFCON, Other injuries are Stewart and Hill (ACL). Both should return to U23s football within 1-2 months.

Thiago has been a massive out with the AFCON boys away. We needed all hands to the pump with Mo, Naby and Mane out so it's been a big loss. Origi too as we would have needed him up front with out two best forwards gone.

s**t timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back