The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna say it, we shouldn't be defending that high when we're 1-2 goals up, it's alright to play deeper and just kill the game

Yeah would like to see some more of this away from home. Absorb pressure and hit on the counter. It isnt the Jurg way but sometimes you need to batten down the hatches.

Cardiff lineup (assuming Thiago fit)

-----------------Kelleher--------------

Neco----------Jogo------Konate-------Tsmikas

Elliott-------------Thiago-----------Milly

Ox----------Bobby----------Jones

Adrian
VVD
R. Williams
Robbo
Trent
Morton
Hendo
Gordon
Dixon Bonner
Bobby
Taki
Divock
Might see Mo and Mane play and Keita go get them back in the groove after AFCON before more important fixtures.

Might see Mo and Mane play and Keita go get them back in the groove after AFCON before more important fixtures.

Egyot are playing Ivory Coast on the 27th. Reckon theres a good chance they bow out in that match. If that happens I dont see Salah coming back for the FA Cuo match. Will have a few days rest I reckon theh return.

Egyot are playing Ivory Coast on the 27th. Reckon theres a good chance they bow out in that match. If that happens I dont see Salah coming back for the FA Cuo match. Will have a few days rest I reckon theh return.
Now that we have weathered the storm and Mo and Mane will be back for our next game, I want them to go and do well. I'm going for Egypt first, not playing favourites but if Egypt can win it, weighs heavily in any possible Ballon D'Or for Mo.

Now that we have weathered the storm and Mo and Mane will be back for our next game, I want them to go and do well. I'm going for Egypt first, not playing favourites but if Egypt can win it, weighs heavily in any possible Ballon D'Or for Mo.

Theres a chance Senegal play Egypt in the final as they are on opposite sides of the draw. Would be amazing for Mo to win AFCON but Egypt are a poor side and theres only so much he can do by himself on dodgy pitches.

50/50 for me on the pen. I am happy to go with the onfield decision in that circumstance.

Saying that, there needs to be some guideline for when a keeper can take an attacker out consequence free and when they can't.

so we won 4 drew 1, scored 12 conceded 2, during the frightening period of time without the AFCON lads, playing massive, intimidating clubs such as Shrewsbury, Arsenal and Brentford. i don't know how we did it!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

I think the five subs and the international situation will colour our plans for Cardiff a bit.

The back five will certainly be Kelleher-Williams-Gomez-Konate-Tsimikas.

I think we're likely to see Tyler Morton, James Milner and either Curtis Jones or Naby Keita (if he doesn't play another game at AFCON) in the starting midfield.

The front three will be Minamino, Firmino and probably Ox.

Then you can play to bring Thiago at half time, and have Mane, Salah and Jota on the bench in case the game still needs winning in the second half. A half time or shortly after planned sub with Ox coming off for Harvey Elliott would also be likely.

It's unlikely we will see Alisson or Fabinho in the squad for those games, but Minamino still needs games. They're the only three going off on international duty over the next two weeks, other than the already engaged Keita, Mane and Salah.

It's a double edged sword though. If we sit back and invite pressure and concede we will say, why are we sitting so deep.
For me it was about energy levels not approach. We were completely out on our feet in the second half. There was just very little passion to get to the contest. I thought Jones was an obvious stand out and he did really well. Allison superb also.

Theres a chance Senegal play Egypt in the final as they are on opposite sides of the draw. Would be amazing for Mo to win AFCON but Egypt are a poor side and theres only so much he can do by himself on dodgy pitches.
Yeah I dont expect Egypt to get past Ivory Coast. They basically have Mo and a bunch of shite.

Does everyone think the club is justified in not rushing into the January transfer window for a midfielder? By the time we play our next PL match it's very likely that Thiago, Elliott & Keita will all be fully fit. Along with Fabinho, Henderson, Jones, Ox, Milner & Morton suddenly we look very well stocked in that area presuming everyone returns fit. I must admit I was one who pretty much expected a midfielder to be signed in January.

Obviously we have to replace Milner at the end of the season but that can wait until the summer window unless a real bargain pops up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does everyone think the club is justified in not rushing into the January transfer window for a midfielder? By the time we play our next PL match it's very likely that Thiago, Elliott & Keita will all be fully fit. Along with Fabinho, Henderson, Jones, Ox, Milner & Morton suddenly we look very well stocked in that area presuming everyone returns fit. I must admit I was one who pretty much expected a midfielder to be signed in January.

Obviously we have to replace Milner at the end of the season but that can wait until the summer window unless a real bargain pops up.
I never once thought we would buy anyone in January. Not for one single second.

We will definitely strengthen in midfield in the summer though.

I wasn't expectant, but with Milner's career at Liverpool coming to an end, Thiago and Keita's ongoing injury concerns, Hendo's age, and the yet entirely unproven quality of Elliott and Jones, I thought it was worth doing unless Bellingham is coming and the club already has it locked down for the summer.

Having the extra body means come summer you can move on from someone like Keita if you think it's time to cash in before the asset starts diminishing financially.

I wasn't expectant, but with Milner's career at Liverpool coming to an end, Thiago and Keita's ongoing injury concerns, Hendo's age, and the yet entirely unproven quality of Elliott and Jones, I thought it was worth doing unless Bellingham is coming and the club already has it locked down for the summer.

Having the extra body means come summer you can move on from someone like Keita if you think it's time to cash in before the asset starts diminishing financially.

I'm expecting Keita to be used as steaknives in any potential Bellingham deal.

I hope senegal and egypt get knocked out asap

Looking ahead to the CAF world cup playoff qualifiers in March (during the next international window), Senegal and Egypt have been drawn against each other.

So in other words, one of Sadio or Mo won't be playing at the world cup - which will suck on an epic scale for one of them on a personal level, but from a Liverpool perspective it will be nice for one of our star forwards to have a mid-season holiday. Not many other top EPL clubs will have the same luxury.

Looking ahead to the CAF world cup playoff qualifiers in March (during the next international window), Senegal and Egypt have been drawn against each other.

So in other words, one of Sadio or Mo won't be playing at the world cup - which will suck on an epic scale for one of them on a personal level, but from a Liverpool perspective it will be nice for one of our star forwards to have a mid-season holiday. Not many other top EPL clubs will have the same luxury.
Assuming both are still at the club come November.

take a look around, here and everywhere. LFC supporters all acknowledging this mornings penalty was either soft, not there or disgraceful. Just goes to show how loyal yet unbiased we are.

It's the haters whose eyes get so clouded by hate, say the word "Liverpool" and those people completely lose their minds, it's kinda funny

Thought Palace would be, as freaking historically always, the slip up game. Great to see defended well, and the midfield did grunt work.

International break couldn’t come sooner. How much longer is the AFCON ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back