The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Richmond and the Lakers right now. Common theme - all last seasons champs
I found the same in the Crows' 2018 after you guys beat us in the GF

I think we were flag favourites. Started 7-2 or something even though we had a bunch of injuries. Halfway through the season the wheels fell off

I found the same in the Crows' 2018 after you guys beat us in the GF

I think we were flag favourites. Started 7-2 or something even though we had a bunch of injuries. Halfway through the season the wheels fell off

being liverpool.

Didn't we just got a 300 mil investment to cover for all the losses?
That investment will apparently enable us to proceed with the stadium upgrade and supposedly enable FSG to recruit the players we intended to get prior to Covid.
The accounts for the year ending May 2021 will probably show a much greater loss,over 100 million pounds, which would be consistent with many clubs losses.
I guess you're right in saying this investment by Red Bird should help cover that loss.

That investment will apparently enable us to proceed with the stadium upgrade and supposedly enable FSG to recruit the players we intended to get prior to Covid.
The accounts for the year ending May 2021 will probably show a much greater loss,over 100 million pounds, which would be consistent with many clubs losses.
I guess you're right in saying this investment by Red Bird should help cover that loss.

We have also taken out 140 million loans to cover the losses, so I'm confused by the Red Bird investment: what was their money for if we need to take loans out to cover the losses?

I am interested in understanding how their 300 odd million would be split into the new training ground/stadium expansion, transfers, and also COVID losses.

What I'm afraid of is that FSG pocketed the investments while taking loans out on the club to cover the losses, that's what Hicks and Gillet did

We have also taken out 140 million loans to cover the losses, so I'm confused by the Red Bird investment: what was their money for if we need to take loans out to cover the losses?

I am interested in understanding how their 300 odd million would be split into the new training ground/stadium expansion, transfers, and also COVID losses.

What I'm afraid of is that FSG pocketed the investments while taking loans out on the club to cover the losses, that's what Hicks and Gillet did
I'd like to see Swiss Rambles analysis of our accounts. They are pretty good. Should provide some clarity.

I think Bob's time is definitely up, 31 next season, 6 goals in 42 games this season, seem to have lost a yard of pace.

Sadio's the interesting one, he has gone from one of the best players in the league to a Shaun Wright Phillips LARPer, he deserves another season but if it doesn't improve quick then we have a problem

We need a top line attacker this window just in case those two stink out next season, too, we can no longer rely on them. But without CL who the hell are we even gonna get? That's assuming Mo isn't gonna leave
I just wanna nurse Bobby to 100 goals for us then he can ride off into the sunset a Liverpool legend. PL winner, CL winner, 100 goals, 4 no look goals. Legend.

Problem is he has managed just 6 this seasons and is still 16 short. :(

These are probably the players on the chopping block

Naby
Ox
Origi
Shaq
Matip
Tsimkas
Phillips

Maybe Bob
I'd say you're right on all of those except Tsimikas. I think Klopp is too loyal to Bobby to sell him just yet. The rest could go though, but then we would need quite a few coming in to replace those guys. Minamino and Elliot could be two who come back from loan and contribute.

Without looking is up let's see if we can get all our CB pairings this season... I think there has been 23?

VVD-Gomez
VVD-Matip
Matip-Gomez
Fabinho-Matip
Fabinho-Henderson
Fabinho-Phillips
Phillips-Kabak
Kabak-Fabinho
R.Williams-Fabinho
R.Williams-Phillips

That's just 10 ... CB hasnt been a fun time this season.

Without looking is up let's see if we can get all our CB pairings this season... I think there has been 23?

VVD-Gomez
VVD-Matip
Matip-Gomez
Fabinho-Matip
Fabinho-Henderson
Fabinho-Phillips
Phillips-Kabak
Kabak-Fabinho
R.Williams-Fabinho
R.Williams-Phillips

That's just 10 ... CB hasnt been a fun time this season.

Koumetio played in the CL. Can’t remember if Van Den Berg played in the league cup/fa cup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think defense is the sole issue, we have a goals problem, too. A top line attacker is kinda a must
How many goals have we scored from corners this season? I feel like it's next to none since VVD and Matip are not on the pitch.

Just a handful of games where a 0-0 or 1-1, turns into 1-0 or 2-1 from a corner and we are in a CL spot.

How many goals have we scored from corners this season? I feel like it's next to none since VVD and Matip are not on the pitch.

Just a handful of games where a 0-0 or 1-1, turns into 1-0 or 2-1 from a corner and we are in a CL spot.
Yeah every time we get a corner, I barely bother to watch. I know we aint scoring. Kabak is about as dangerous as my nan in the air.

It's a big problem, Virgil is our biggest scorer outside of the front 3

Yeah well I checked out this season already

COVID has really widen the gap further between the oil clubs and the rest tbh, the difference will tell more and more the next few years when normal clubs have to shoulder the COVID losses while the country funded clubs don't

Jurgen winning a league and European Cup during this time is a miracle tbh, but may be one of the last for a while, the difference in finance eventually makes the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back