The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thiago (and Shaq if he's not sold) and maybe Alisson, Fabinho and Firmino should be ready for it. We'll get an update on Hendo soon.

My predicted sides

1st 60 minutes:
Jota-Mane-Salah
Keita-Milner-Jones
Kostas-Konate-Matip-Arnold
Alisson

2nd 60 minutes:
Minamino-Firmino-Ox
Thiago-Fabinho-Elliott
Robbo-VVD-Gomez-Neco
Kelleher

Other: Adrian, Phillips, Rhys Williams, Beck, Bradley, Clarkson, Morton, Cain, Shaqiri, Gordon.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steven Gerrard

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Melbourn Victory, 49ers
Is FSG still trying to cost cut and sell before it considers getting in a new signing? Our 3 biggest threats in this campaign, United, City and Chelsea, have been investing the past two summers and here we are, back to being a selling club. Last season is proof that you need to invest, City and Chelsea are the proof in the pudding. After we won the league Neville said he wasn't concerned about a Liverpool dynasty because we rarely spend big. Say what you like about him, he's a halfwitt yes but he was bang on about that. We have gone backwards since we won the league which is a shame because you know, striking while the iron is hot is key. That's what United did under Fergie, he won 13 league titles, his methodology is some sort of blueprint. I don't know how long left our window of opportunity is, but Klopp won't be around forever and VVD and the front 3 are not getting any younger. The biggest disappointment for me is we had the chance to put a marker down, champions of Europe followed by a thumping in the league. Instead of adding some real quality to increase our advantage, we got Jota, yes a good signing, an ageing midfielder and bugger all else. All the while Chelsea was buying its European Champions team. Now we are back with the pack. You can thank the tightass owners for that. Hey I'm just the messenger, tell me where I'm wrong. I wish I was. I'm sick of American owners buying this club and then not spending in line with the club's size. Yes FSG did a great job at the start, wiping out the mess that H&G left behind, but let's be real, they can't compete with Mansour and Abramovich. They need to sell to an org that will otherwise it will be another 30 years. What beats me is that Liverpool is a way bigger club than these shitheaps City and Chelsea, but these shitheaps know how to sell to a deep pocket. We are ******* clueless in this regard.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Is FSG still trying to cost cut and sell before it considers getting in a new signing? Our 3 biggest threats in this campaign, United, City and Chelsea, have been investing the past two summers and here we are, back to being a selling club. Last season is proof that you need to invest, City and Chelsea are the proof in the pudding. After we won the league Neville said he wasn't concerned about a Liverpool dynasty because we rarely spend big. Say what you like about him, he's a halfwitt yes but he was bang on about that. We have gone backwards since we won the league which is a shame because you know, striking while the iron is hot is key. That's what United did under Fergie, he won 13 league titles, his methodology is some sort of blueprint. I don't know how long left our window of opportunity is, but Klopp won't be around forever and VVD and the front 3 are not getting any younger. The biggest disappointment for me is we had the chance to put a marker down, champions of Europe followed by a thumping in the league. Instead of adding some real quality to increase our advantage, we got Jota, yes a good signing, an ageing midfielder and bugger all else. All the while Chelsea was buying its European Champions team. Now we are back with the pack. You can thank the tightass owners for that. Hey I'm just the messenger, tell me where I'm wrong. I wish I was. I'm sick of American owners buying this club and then not spending in line with the club's size. Yes FSG did a great job at the start, wiping out the mess that H&G left behind, but let's be real, they can't compete with Mansour and Abramovich. They need to sell to an org that will otherwise it will be another 30 years. What beats me is that Liverpool is a way bigger club than these shitheaps City and Chelsea, but these shitheaps know how to sell to a deep pocket. We are ******* clueless in this regard.
Well to be fair, we built really well, European Champions then Premier League Champions and then last season was just absolutely ruined by injuries so who knows how we go last season if those injuries dont happen.

Hopefully we bring in 1 or 2 more before the window shuts though.

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
I believe that poster was on here this time last year complaining LFC weren't going to pony up the dough to sign Alacantra.

Jota then happened out of nowhere. I know its boring and not very exciting, but chances are, based on previous years, there are one or two more signing coming, and we won't have much warning beforehand.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Future captain gets a big deserved pay rise, probably around 200k per week

Mo, Virgil, Beck, Fabinho, Sadio, Bob and Hendo all have 2 years left on their contracts and still need to sign

Beck's deal is pretty much done. Pearce has said that a deal will be done with Salah. Virgil will be a wait and see after his knee op which is fair enough. I doubt we would be extending Bobby, he will be 32 in 2023. There's not a lot of mail on Hendo other than he wants to extend. Similar to Milner the end result will probably be a 2 year extension on similar terms to what he is on now. He will be needed as Milner is almost certainly moving on in the summer. Fab - Romano reported that a contract extension is imminent and he's usually pretty reliable these days.

Sadio is the only one that there's been no mail on a new deal for that we may want to hang on to.

Steven Gerrard

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Melbourn Victory, 49ers
Well to be fair, we built really well, European Champions then Premier League Champions and then last season was just absolutely ruined by injuries so who knows how we go last season if those injuries dont happen.

Hopefully we bring in 1 or 2 more before the window shuts though.

Hopefully we do, and that's my point. Injuries destroyed us last year but with the injured players back we are back to March 2020 levels just before the halt to play. Wijnaldum is gone but Thiago is here. The thing is, whilst we are back to March 2020 levels, the players are a little older and the other 3 contenders have improved. We will lose Mane and Salah during AFCON as well. I hope I'm wrong but FSG's tightness is going to cost the club.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Having lost Wijnaldum (50 games/season), and knowing that even before injuries we’ll be losing Salah, Mané, Keita and Matip for 5 weeks in Jan/Feb, I can’t fathom a scenario where we wouldn’t sign a quality midfielder and forward before the end of the window. It’ll happen.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Having lost Wijnaldum (50 games/season), and knowing that even before injuries we’ll be losing Salah, Mané, Keita and Matip for 5 weeks in Jan/Feb, I can’t fathom a scenario where we wouldn’t sign a quality midfielder and forward before the end of the window. It’ll happen.

Matip won't be playing at AFCON. Another midfielder is very likely. As for forwards I believe we will probably end up sticking with Origi, Elliott & Minamino to guide us through January. Not ideal but these are the times we live in.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Is money the only reason we don't put our hand up for Kane?

Doesn't fit the FSG profile. Going to cost nearly 150m. Late 20's, history of injury problems. No real resale value.

If he were in his early 20s we might bite. We would buy the superior Mbappe for 100m plus in any case if we were going to buy a world class striker this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back