The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a complete joke that they charge $10 for a full subscription, and expect you to pay $10 more for one football comp. Piss off
Yeah it feels like a bit of an outlier these days. Bit of the old Foxtel model about it, use the sport part of a larger package to hold sports fans hostage. None of Foxtel, Optus or Paramount are making you get the entertainment stuff before the sport. Bit of a rort.

The problem lies with all the comps, selling their rights to the highest bidder.
This then forces the winning bid to charge us to watch, whether as stand-alone or an upgrade, to recoup the massive price they paid to win the rights.

It's unlikely we'll ever see all comps on one service again, but likely we'll be playing the streaming merry-go-round every time the rights are up again.
That's what pisses me off.

I begrudgingly upgraded my Stan to get the UEFA comps, so now have everything except for Paramount Plus. I've drawn my line there, so no A-League for me.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Just account share guys. Even between yourselves in here. For $29/month you get 4 devices. 4k streaming. Thats just over 7 bucks a month.

I have 3 devices split between family.

Also A League is a must for me but lucky enough to pay only $60 for 12 months through Melbourne Victory.

I have Kayo split with a mate ($7.50), Optus on my brother in laws account (cost for season a slab of corona), Paramount + for $5 monthly and Stan for 8 bucks a month. All of it for about 25 bucks a month.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Kessie looked decent, their whole midfield got outworked and outran but he didn't disgrace himself, and he's a ******* tank

If we're interested then don't mind signing him on a free
Really? I wasnt that impressed and thought to myself that he wouldnt work in our midfield.

Bellingham on the other hand. A goal and an assist in the CL a couple of days ago. He's a must buy. If we have been saving pennies to splash next summer, it better be for him.

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
Really? I wasnt that impressed and thought to myself that he wouldnt work in our midfield.

Bellingham on the other hand. A goal and an assist in the CL a couple of days ago. He's a must buy. If we have been saving pennies to splash next summer, it better be for him.

I'd like Bellingham too but ain't no way FSG spends 80 mil

Kessie's free, and FSG hears the word "free" and gets hard

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Kessie looked decent, their whole midfield got outworked and outran but he didn't disgrace himself, and he's a ******* tank

If we're interested then don't mind signing him on a free

We've been linked. Would throw in a cheeky 7m bid on Jan 31st for him (not earlier as he will be playing AFCON).

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Do you blame them with the return we have gotten from Milner?

What a freebie Milner has been. When all is said and done at the end of this season he will have racked up nearly 250 appearances in 7 years. CL/PL winner.

I didn't know this but last season was his first goalless season ever after only making 26 appearances in all competitions. Age is finally beginning to catch up with Milly, let's hope the lads can get him a trophy for his last dance at LFC. Pretty cool he has a door named after him at the new training centre :D :D

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
It's amazing how much Millie has done with the club since joining. I thought it was such a nothing signing but he's been a bit of journey man in his career but I reckon he will be most remembered now as a Red. I think he has more appearances for us now than any other club he played for too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back