The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You just gotta ride Salah-Mane-Diaz for the next two games then start Taki-Div-Gordon in the FA Cup next week. Unless Jota and Firmino are fit before then.

Fab-Thiago-Keita for Leeds, with Hendo in for Keita at Wembley (they're not leaving out Hendo for a cup final).

The big question for me is who is first choice CB at the moment along Van Dijk? Konate's time is coming very soon.

Jota and Bobby ruled out for Leeds.

Bobby is out "for awhile". Jota sounds like he misses the cup final then is back for the next league game (he wouldn't have played the FA Cup game anyway).

The amount of soft tissue injuries Bobby repeatedly picks up these days is concerning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You just gotta ride Salah-Mane-Diaz for the next two games then start Taki-Div-Gordon in the FA Cup next week. Unless Jota and Firmino are fit before then.

Fab-Thiago-Keita for Leeds, with Hendo in for Keita at Wembley (they're not leaving out Hendo for a cup final).

The big question for me is who is first choice CB at the moment along Van Dijk? Konate's time is coming very soon.

Listening to quite a few of the poddies this week from Liverpool journos it sounds like Divock will get a go against Leeds. If that happens I expect Sadio to start on the left and be replaced with Diaz around the 60th minute or so.

Listening to quite a few of the poddies this week from Liverpool journos it sounds like Divock will get a go against Leeds. If that happens I expect Sadio to start on the left and be replaced with Diaz around the 60th minute or so.
Div is suited to games against hackers like leeds.

We need a 7 point swing to Catch Citeh.
After the Leeds game it's a possible 39 points for both teams remaining.
We need a big 5 or 6 nil victory against someone as city are more likely to run up a big score than us.
I hope we do run them down, but the maths says it's gonna be hard.

We need a 7 point swing to Catch Citeh.
After the Leeds game it's a possible 39 points for both teams remaining.
We need a big 5 or 6 nil victory against someone as city are more likely to run up a big score than us.
I hope we do run them down, but the maths says it's gonna be hard.
Liverpool have scored more goals than City (by 1 goal :p - one less game though). Unfortunately Liverpool have conceded more as well.

Man City have had a lot of one goal victories to go with a handful of massive blowouts. We need some of those 1 nils or 2-1's to turn into drawers for them.

To be fair, I don't think the players are concentrating on City, Klopp is only doing it when asked questions about them, and what we talk about is fairly irrelevant.

Feels a lot like 2019 now TBH.

Got bored so went through all Liverpool’s draws and losses

2 losses - Ox started in midfield both games

6 draws - Jones started in the first 4 drawers, Milner started in the last two.

Liverpool need another word class mid and Ox and Milner should never start again.

Got bored so went through all Liverpool’s draws and losses

2 losses - Ox started in midfield both games

6 draws - Jones started in the first 4 drawers, Milner started in the last two.

Liverpool need another word class mid and Ox and Milner should never start again.

The first part of your last sentence is widely supported in these parts.

But there is not many situations where we would start Jones or Milner or Ox in midfield and start Fabinho and Thiago, whose numbers when they start together are staggering.

Jones is fine, Milner is playing less and less. Ox started in midfield on the weekend and Fabinho didn't play at all, and we still won. I think Ox will probably move on in the summer, especially if we are into Bellingham in a meaningful way, but I don't like the "put a line through them for ever" attitude. Milner goes down as a great of the club (and will probably be remember primarily as a Liverpool player), and Ox had the two goals v City in 2018 and was the highest scorer in the PL the year we won it who didn't play all his time as one of the front three.

The first part of your last sentence is widely supported in these parts.

But there is not many situations where we would start Jones or Milner or Ox in midfield and start Fabinho and Thiago, whose numbers when they start together are staggering.

Jones is fine, Milner is playing less and less. Ox started in midfield on the weekend and Fabinho didn't play at all, and we still won. I think Ox will probably move on in the summer, especially if we are into Bellingham in a meaningful way, but I don't like the "put a line through them for ever" attitude. Milner goes down as a great of the club (and will probably be remember primarily as a Liverpool player), and Ox had the two goals v City in 2018 and was the highest scorer in the PL the year we won it who didn't play all his time as one of the front three.
Jones is young so I am ok with him.

Milner is old and cannot be a first choice mid in a contending team anymore. It is obvious Liverpool lack potency and creativity when he plays. He can play back up full back or maybe some sub minutes in midfield when the game is done but that is it. And back up full back minutes are barely on offer any more with how good the back up left back in particular is.

Ox just doesn't have it. Again he is a good back up and can play useful minutes as an attacking option or maybe midfield when the game is done, but that is it.

The only reason I went back and looked through it is because my perception is that Liverpool lack creativity when certain players start. Milner and Ox are the main culprits. I was surprised to see Jones but as noted earlier he is still very young. I wanted to see if there is a thread in the drawers and losses and there is.

Any time Liverpool have started with a midfield three from Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago and Keita they have won.

If Liverpool could add another to that group, and if that other was better than all of them then Liverpool would be unstoppable.

Midfield is the only line where Man City has Liverpool covered and that advantage is enough to get them titles consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back