Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
You just gotta ride Salah-Mane-Diaz for the next two games then start Taki-Div-Gordon in the FA Cup next week. Unless Jota and Firmino are fit before then.

Fab-Thiago-Keita for Leeds, with Hendo in for Keita at Wembley (they're not leaving out Hendo for a cup final).

The big question for me is who is first choice CB at the moment along Van Dijk? Konate's time is coming very soon.
Still Matip for me. Konate's time is still a while away.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Jones is young so I am ok with him.

Milner is old and cannot be a first choice mid in a contending team anymore. It is obvious Liverpool lack potency and creativity when he plays. He can play back up full back or maybe some sub minutes in midfield when the game is done but that is it. And back up full back minutes are barely on offer any more with how good the back up left back in particular is.

Ox just doesn't have it. Again he is a good back up and can play useful minutes as an attacking option or maybe midfield when the game is done, but that is it.

The only reason I went back and looked through it is because my perception is that Liverpool lack creativity when certain players start. Milner and Ox are the main culprits. I was surprised to see Jones but as noted earlier he is still very young. I wanted to see if there is a thread in the drawers and losses and there is.

Any time Liverpool have started with a midfield three from Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago and Keita they have won.

If Liverpool could add another to that group, and if that other was better than all of them then Liverpool would be unstoppable.

Midfield is the only line where Man City has Liverpool covered and that advantage is enough to get them titles consistently.
Im not surprised that losses were tied to Ox, Milner and a young Jones.

Jones im fine with, he's a terrific young player with a big future. But I cringe when Milner or Ox start games as I know it has become that much harder for us to win games.

Fab, Thiago, Hendo, Keita... another story.

If we can just play a mix of those four starting games for the run in, we can achieve anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back