The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I think the issue at the moment is he's done something that really has never been done at Liverpool by anyone under Klopp. Mane probably came close a couple of times but didn't get sent off like that. So while I don't think anyone's going to put a line through him, I do think he's going to have to come back the hard way. He'll be made to earn back the trust of the squad. Klopp teams barely foul let alone do what Nunez did.

He's 23 and he has plenty of time, and it'll be interesting to see where he is in the pecking order when Jota is fit and firing. But despite the unfairness of the comparison, it was nevertheless interesting to see how Diaz reacted on Tuesday morning.

Look, I think the issue at the moment is he's done something that really has never been done at Liverpool by anyone under Klopp. Mane probably came close a couple of times but didn't get sent off like that. So while I don't think anyone's going to put a line through him, I do think he's going to have to come back the hard way. He'll be made to earn back the trust of the squad. Klopp teams barely foul let alone do what Nunez did.

He's 23 and he has plenty of time, and it'll be interesting to see where he is in the pecking order when Jota is fit and firing. But despite the unfairness of the comparison, it was nevertheless interesting to see how Diaz reacted on Tuesday morning.

It's been a while since we have a straight red by a Libpool player, I memba when Gerrard would get sent off in derbies or come on for 40 seconds against the Mancs and immediately got sent off, sometimes even the best players do crazy s**t

We'll just have to trust Jurgen's man management to get the kid's head right, it ain't the first Uruguayan striker we had who did crazy s**t, hell the other one we had made Nunez looks sane

It's been a while since we have a straight red by a Libpool player, I memba when Gerrard would get sent off in derbies or come on for 40 seconds against the Mancs and immediately got sent off, sometimes even the best players do crazy s**t

We'll just have to trust Jurgen's man management to get the kid's head right, it ain't the first Uruguayan striker we had who did crazy s**t, hell the other one we had made Nunez looks sane
Last red card was in December, Robbo vs Spurs.

eyJpdSI6ImMwNjBlNjAzYWMxMTkxMmJhNjI2NjRhOTlhYWRmNGVlMDQyZDZmNmM2YTA5MmZjZDZjMGFkZmUwMDVmZTJmOWQiLCJ3IjoyMDAsImgiOjEyMCwiZCI6MS41LCJjcyI6MCwiZiI6NH0.webp

hahaha nunez hands

I still maintain Screech should have been sent off as well. He came in just as dangerously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at the state of this article about Robbo's start at LFC

What does that have to do with anything though. It's a puff piece about Robbo not starting over Moreno for a few months when he first arrived at the club. Robbo is vastly different to Nunez too given he was signed for 8 million, he wasnt exactly the glamour star big money signing.

I dont think everyone is understanding. Trying to say Fabinho and Robbo were similar cases to Nunez. Yes all three have a bedding in period where it hasnt particularly started well but what I'm trying to say is that Fabinho and Robbo were never questioned for their ability, whereas Nunez for me is.

I was always confident Fab and Robbo would be fine and excel, less so on Robbo as he wasnt even a major signing, so anything he produced was a bonus. But with Nunez, I'm more questioning his ability not his ability to fit in.

Again I hope I'm wrong and it's a case of trying to hard and nerves and what have you but so far what I've seen from him has been hit and miss ability wise.

Crazy how dropping points in 2 games feels like a disaster. 10 years ago it would be no problem, but with how high City (and ourselves tbf) have set the bar in terms of points totals, every game is such high stakes. It’s so draining.

I don't think we'll challenge for the title this season so won't be as draining.

I dont think everyone is understanding. Trying to say Fabinho and Robbo were similar cases to Nunez. Yes all three have a bedding in period where it hasnt particularly started well but what I'm trying to say is that Fabinho and Robbo were never questioned for their ability, whereas Nunez for me is.

I was always confident Fab and Robbo would be fine and excel, less so on Robbo as he wasnt even a major signing, so anything he produced was a bonus. But with Nunez, I'm more questioning his ability not his ability to fit in.

Again I hope I'm wrong and it's a case of trying to hard and nerves and what have you but so far what I've seen from him has been hit and miss ability wise.
Wow, I haven't seen you so down about a signing since...

Screenshot_20220819-080646_Brave.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back