The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

George

Aug 17, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles, Liverpool, PAO
How are we above Ajax in the group if they have a better GD?

George

Aug 17, 2015
Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles, Liverpool, PAO
Sorry I should say does H2H mean more than GD in the UCL

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Time for an international break. Hopefully we get Henderson, Robbo, Konate, Keita, Jones, Ox, Gordon, Ramsay and Kelleher all back on the other side of it.

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Fabinho/Thiago start = Liverpool win.

Thiago is a genius.

We looked much more like our old selves and Ajax dug in but we found a way. Much better!

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
20220914_070721.jpg

The Punter

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
I mean, Matip's problem is staying on the park. He's been a very solid player his entire time at the club.

Watching Trent really closely this morning, and it just effects everyone around him. Salah is too good of a teammate to just run in front of him when Trent decides to go inside right, which is all. the. time. That's why Salah is so wide. Trent doesn't run sideline any more. Then when the ball turns over, everyone is moved out of shape to cover for Trent. Salah's heat map from this morning would be pretty instructive.

Jota's performance this morning was encouraging. Hopefully it takes some of the pressure off Nunez. We've been so blessed as supporters to see Mane, Salah, Diaz and Jota hit the ground running as soon as they arrived. Everyone forgets how long it took Bobby to really start to consistently perform (and I love Bobby). If Nunez can come off the bench, hopefully jag a couple, perhaps get an easy kill in a cup match, then he can really grow into the role, which will be different to others before him at Liverpool.

But on the whole I thought the performance this morning wasn't a turning point. Felt a lot like the Newcastle game.