The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisson and Fabinho knocked out of the world cup. We have Van Dijk, Konate, Hendo and TAA left.
Felt for Ali but the Brazil manager is an idiot. You're protecting a 1 goal lead. Let's bring on Fred instead of one of the best DMs on the planet in Fabinho.

Ali didnt have much chance with any of the pens.

Bellingham is a perfect age for us to have that next wave. By the time Hendo/Thiago go he will be 21-22 and ready to just take over.

Im not sure about Milner. Depends what he wants I think. Klopp I reckon would love him to stick around for his leadership and mentorship for the young guys. He's the perfect example as to what it takes to make it at the top. But Milner knows his chances of playing will be very limited so I think it comes down to him and what he wants to do.

With Milly he just wont have the legs to offer us anything in midfield next season. He has noticeably slowed since last season - that will only get worse going on 38 next season. Im sure Milly would continue until he is 40 if he wants to but there should be zero room for sentiment.

He could do a job fillining in as a defensive fulll back every now and then but thats not worth it IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That shows why Henderson is captain and not Virgil. Puts himself first, missed a penalty.

I have no problem with professional sportsmen backing themselves. That's all on Van Gaal. I'd always rather the bloke backs himself than the one that doesn't want to take the pen.

I have no problem with professional sportsmen backing themselves. That's all on Van Gaal. I'd always rather the bloke backs himself than the one that doesn't want to take the pen.
Not the first. A defender playing the full 120. Maybe the 3rd or 4th. VVD doesn’t have the range or power with his pens.

We got rid of Origi / Minamino as depth & Gordon is also out until Feb.

Only Bobby / Darwin / Nunez until Feb.

FSG need a short term solution when the window opens.
Carvalho, Ox, Elliott and Doak our other forward options. Curtis Jones also a LW option but he might be injured.

That shows why Henderson is captain and not Virgil. Puts himself first, missed a penalty.
Erm, I dont think he puts himself first. He's the captain and wanted to show leadership. It's always nerve wracking taking the first pen in a massive knock out game. VVD is actually a pretty good pen taker and I dont recall him ever missing one for us. But he does always go the same spot, Martinez obviously did his homework.

I cant remember which keeper it was against, think it was one of the Chelsea keepers, the keeper moved half way across his goal cos he knows VVD likes to go that way, VVD went that way anyways and beat him. Then gave him a cool as ice stare as he walked away. He's a baller.

Martinez this made a good save.

But taking the pen first says more about his leadership that he wanted to take that responsibility.

Also shootouts are always lotteries, it is what it is.

Sad for Virg.

With Milly he just wont have the legs to offer us anything in midfield next season. He has noticeably slowed since last season - that will only get worse going on 38 next season. Im sure Milly would continue until he is 40 if he wants to but there should be zero room for sentiment.

He could do a job fillining in as a defensive fulll back every now and then but thats not worth it IMO.
And that's fine, I dont think he would play many games at all. Dont think Milner will want that and will probably go where he can get more football. If he stayed, I think Klopp would look at him more as a behind the scenes set the example on how to be a pro off the field and in training but then probably play very little competitive football.

As I said, then it comes down to Millie and he wont want to do that I think so this is probably his last year with us.

That would be three mids out with Milner, Ox and Keita.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back