Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
He has been thrown to the wolves and is playing out of position. But yes
Yeah the problem is, behind the scenes we knew how long Jota, Diaz and even Bobby were gonna be out for and needed to make the move on Gakpo but he's come in and hasnt been any better than say had we played Doak, Ox, Carvalho in the front three. Obviously we had probably hoped he would come in and make more of an impact but he's struggled.

But yeah he's playing down the middle which isnt really his position and as a team we are struggling so it's not been great for him.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
What is as strong as possible though? Does that mean a return to Fabinho/Thiago/Henderson because Im strongly against that.

I'd like to see Matip play and I want Bajcetic and Keita in midfield again. We have to rest Thiago at some point though before he breaks down. He's just so important for us, he's hard to drop.

Nunez has to start.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Arthur apparently will be fit from next week.

Other injury updates are less clear. One site has Jota back on the 21st of Feb which seems a bit excessive considering he got injured in October.

Van Dijk at least a few weeks away. Diaz back first week of March.

Firmono - no news. Wish the club would come clean with what is the issue with Firmino.

Plenty of talk that Rice wants to join Arsenal in the summer so that ends our hopes there.

Brighton are reportedly happy with 75m for Caicedo. FSG really need to pull the trigger if that's close to being accurate. Sell Nat & Ox to help fund the deal.

Ox is worth next to nothing, his contract is running out.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Plenty of talk that Rice wants to join Arsenal in the summer so that ends our hopes there.

Brighton are reportedly happy with 75m for Caicedo. FSG really need to pull the trigger if that's close to being accurate. Sell Nat & Ox to help fund the deal.
Why do you want Rice? I dont think he's all that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
HG. Plus only 2 years left on his deal. Reckon he goes for around 75m in summer.
You're looking at it all wrong. HG doesnt matter, length of contract doesnt matter.

What matters is the quality of the player and if he is right for Liverpool. You've said the same in the past about Tielemans how we could get him on the cheap cos his contract is running down.

I dont want players just cos they are cheap. I want the right players.

Jude is the right players, let's not worry about Rice.

And yeah Jude is HG ;)

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
Obviously the midfield issues are well documented, but we're really missing a prime Bob going forward, no one is there to link the play and lead the press anymore. The biggest mistake might've been not trying to buy a player a similar vein. Nunez is fine but it has changed the system but not necessarily one that's worked out so far

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
You're looking at it all wrong. HG doesnt matter, length of contract doesnt matter.

What matters is the quality of the player and if he is right for Liverpool. You've said the same in the past about Tielemans how we could get him on the cheap cos his contract is running down.

I dont want players just cos they are cheap. I want the right players.

Jude is the right players, let's not worry about Rice.

And yeah Jude is HG ;)

Well both would be great but being realistic we aren't going to get 2 x 80-100m midfield signings in one summer. Bellingham may be out of reach. Tielemans is the right player for us alongside a Bellingham or Rice. Or if neither we should be focusing on Caicedo. Can't put all our eggs in one basket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back