The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst season we've had since probably 2015 or something lol

20/21 we were absolutely done at the start of March but somehow Jurg worked his magic and rescued the season. Feels different this time. Back then we had no defenders. This time around apart from Bajcetic our mids are exhausted. Cooked. Bit harder to paper over midfield than it is playing a few plonkers at CB like in 20/21 to claim CL football.

20/21 we were absolutely done at the start of March but somehow Jurg worked his magic and rescued the season. Feels different this time. Back then we had no defenders. This time around apart from Bajcetic our mids are exhausted. Cooked. Bit harder to paper over midfield than it is playing a few plonkers at CB like in 20/21 to claim CL football.
There's a bit of inevitability setting in for sure. Hard to see us even finish in the top six. Lucky we are a big club otherwise we would be in real trouble.

There's a bit of inevitability setting in for sure. Hard to see us even finish in the top six. Lucky we are a big club otherwise we would be in real trouble.

The way I read it FSG have midfield targets for summer mostly locked in and refused to entertain options in winter. It's how they operate. Last day of 20/21 winter window we had 0 fit CBs and even the midfielders we were playing there were also injured. They had Konate lined up for the summer window on a buyout clause so all they gave Klopp on deadline day was Davies for 1.5m and Kabak on loan from Schalke.

Find it interesting that midfield is a need, however go out and buy Nunez and Gakpo for significant money.

Salah can very well be on the brink. Not really bothered at him leaving.

Forward line was also a need. Mane/Firmino were coming to the end of their LFC careers. And Mo is also the wrong side of 30. Besides, 37m is peanuts these days. These guys couldn't keep going forever.

To overhaul our squad we need 2 x midfielders, one x CB and realistically replace Mo with fresh young blood.

Mo will be fine, he's had a form dip but the whole team is playing poorly. Mo is a machine, looks after his body and will still continue to score goals.

Midfield is a real problem though with Milner, Henderson, Fabinho all seemingly finished as footballers. Keita and Ox out of contract and leaving. Thiago still class but old.

Leaves just Bajcetic who looks fantastic though, so small wins.

I have a lot of faith in Klopp to figure this out and finish the season strongly, top four probably beyond us now though. CL very unlikely.

Find it interesting that midfield is a need, however go out and buy Nunez and Gakpo for significant money.

Salah can very well be on the brink. Not really bothered at him leaving.
Do you really think Salah will be leaving... sure that's just media talking 💩

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you really think Salah will be leaving... sure that's just media talking 💩
We wouldnt have forked out a massive new deal for him just six months ago if he was going anywhere. Absolutely nothing in it. Mo wants to stay as well, he wants Rush's record even though he will never get there.

Still waiting to see why we signed Gakpo... Can someone explain to me what he brings that is at the level required to be a Liverpool player?

The decision to buy him seems stranger by the day. We desperately needed midfield legs so we buy a forward on the basis of a decent World Cup.

Fabinho has probably been our most disappointing player this season, though admittedly there's a few candidates. Maybe it's because he's shattered having to cover the grunt work done by Wijnaldum, who's role in the team has never really been replaced, as well as his own game.

The decision to buy him seems stranger by the day. We desperately needed midfield legs so we buy a forward on the basis of a decent World Cup.

Fabinho has probably been our most disappointing player this season, though admittedly there's a few candidates. Maybe it's because he's shattered having to cover the grunt work done by Wijnaldum, who's role in the team has never really been replaced, as well as his own game.

Been reading a lot of the reax to our FA Cup exit and I feel like I'm on a different plane of reality. Empire of the Kop even retweeted a highlights package of Gakpo (in praise of him) from the game where he gives up the ball seven or eight times. I'd rather we were starting an Ox-Nunez-Salah front three.

Been reading a lot of the reax to our FA Cup exit and I feel like I'm on a different plane of reality. Empire of the Kop even retweeted a highlights package of Gakpo (in praise of him) from the game where he gives up the ball seven or eight times. I'd rather we were starting an Ox-Nunez-Salah front three.
Gakpo still offers more than Ox who is absolutely cooked.

I feel for Gakpo as he's come in at the worst possible time. The team is struggling and confidence is super low and we have a bunch of players out injured.

If we were flying and he's on the bench coming on for Jota or Diaz etc and bedding in, and we're controlling games and beating teams 4-0 etc... he be scoring and looking the goods.

It's the same with any player. If Mo was at Stevenage, he'd struggle. Sure his individual brilliance would shine at times but if the team sucks, he's gonna get less opportunities. I feel we're seeing that from Gakpo right now that's he's just joined at the worst possible time.

I dont think it's a bad buy though, even if he's just a squad player to rotate through once Diaz and Jota are back. It's not like we paid 90 million for him so I'm fine with that, plus we needed a forward given the long term injuries to Diaz, Jota and Bobby.

Konate out... cool.

ray donovan omg GIF by Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back