The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gomez has been woeful all season bar the City game. I would prefer Phillips than him from now on.

The money spent on Nunez and Gakpo over a midfielder was a horrible decision that all of us noted at the time. I think that’s the worst bit for mine, go back to pre-season in this thread and we were all pretty pessimistic about the season ahead. Yet no one at the club seemed to see it coming?

Lose to Everton and the club could genuinely implode.

Maybe a change of manager is the right call. The players aren't the only ones that look cooked. Klopp seems clueless at the moment. Love the guy and hope he can regain the magic, but it looks bleak.

Maybe a change of manager is the right call. The players aren't the only ones that look cooked. Klopp seems clueless at the moment. Love the guy and hope he can regain the magic, but it looks bleak.

Hell no, I'll sell every single player before letting Jurgen leave

It's like people forgot what we were like before Jurgen came here, he can't be replaced

Last edited:
This season for sure as it is a writeoff.

Next season we have 2 new mids + Morton returning. Loan him to a champiinship side where he plays 90 minutes of hard football every week. Bring him back in 2024. Job done.

It is interesting and saddening that MVFC and LFC are screaming for midfielders yet sign forwards

Anyone can recommend a good Liverpool Facebook page to follow that doesn't post to much sh!t all the time but is usually spot on the money with news and transfers news etc
Cheers

We were always going go fall from the cliff eventually. Squad has been threadbare for years. Players are cooked from playing such a high intensity game style and so many big stakes games for several years now. We continually shop in the ‘specials’ isle hoping to discover another Salah, Mane etc at a rock bottom price rather than pay a single cent ‘overs‘ for a ready made gun. Bellingham is an absolute superstar in the making, saw him play twice in Qatar. We must get this guy. We only spent big on Alison and Virgil after we banked money on Coutinho sale. Owners run a tight ship, no real desire to win trophies, they’d rather keep books balanced and sell crap LeBron merchandise. Hopefully they sell soon to more ambitious ownership group. Definately keep Klopp and give him proper support to rebuild team.

What a fall from grace for Liverpool. It was always on the cards after such an intense season just had but I don't think anyone would've predicted this.
A rebuild needs to happen ASAP and I just hope Klopp has the energy and desire to do it a second time. We need to sell many players who just aren't good enough. Nunez is shite, just doesn't have the finesse required to be a world class forward. Elliot as much as I love his work rate is not good enough to get us back competing for titles. Gakpo, what a f****** mistake that was. I just can't see anything from him that fills me with confidence. We need to cut our losses and f*** him off. Salah will never get back to the world class player he was when he was scoring for fun and we should never have caved in to his salary demands. Our biggest issues are in midfield. Hendo is a great player and I'd keep him as a bench option. Bajetic is very young and shows enough to be a great player. Fabinho I can't read. He's had a terrible season and hopefully he finds his form. Thiago past his best and needs to go. Keita another one who the fanbase has really believed he would turn into the player we thought we were buying but ain't gonna happen so he needs to go.
Ofcourse rebuilds need money and I'm not confident FSG will come to the party. I look over to Chelsea and am somewhat envious of their new owner and his willingness to throw $$$ around to rebuild his club. There's more players I could go on about but how many can we get rid of.

Anyone can recommend a good Liverpool Facebook page to follow that doesn't post to much sh!t all the time but is usually spot on the money with news and transfers news etc
Cheers
The Anfield Wrap I like. Not to crowded, ran by a small group of passionate fans, and often have a good insight to things without overreacting like most pages.

I'm not saying it's going to happen but despite how s**t we have been, I feel like 4th is still so close.

We have a game in hand on Newcastle who sit 4th. We play Newcastle after Everton.

Win our game in hand and beat Newcastle and we'd only be 5 points off 4th. Hardly insurmountable, but having said all that, we've been horrid so it probably isnt gonna happen. Just frustrating to see it's still pretty doable if we can just get our ******* s**t together.

I'm not saying it's going to happen but despite how s**t we have been, I feel like 4th is still so close.

We have a game in hand on Newcastle who sit 4th. We play Newcastle after Everton.

Win our game in hand and beat Newcastle and we'd only be 5 points off 4th. Hardly insurmountable, but having said all that, we've been horrid so it probably isnt gonna happen. Just frustrating to see it's still pretty doable if we can just get our ******* s**t together.

Injuries have killed us. Yeah we are getting VVD, Konate, Jota, Diaz back soon but they are not going to be match fit.

CL would be the only chance of salvation but thats come too soon injury wise.

I enter each game with zero confidence. Expecting losses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can't even beat drop zone teams, not holding my breath

If we'd actually invested in midfield in January maybe 4th could have been in reach but can't see us even finishing top half at this rate. Even with a bunch of good players to come back you just feel others will get injured and even if Diaz helps up front doesn't fix our non existent midfield.

Start Nat and Rhys

I think we actually need 2 CBs in summer. Everytime Jogo plays he seems off the pace.

Kim + a young quality CB alongside Konate / Konate would be great next season. Sell Matip & Jogo - harsh as they've been excellent defenders over their career but time is passing them by.

Our only hope of getting out of this is Jurgen, the owners have checked out, the squad needs an overhaul, no one can do that while having limited funds than Jurgen. He is the only one who can do it, but it'll take at least 3 years and I don't know if he'll stick around that long.

Just hope he doesn't walk like he did at Dortmund

If we'd actually invested in midfield in January maybe 4th could have been in reach but can't see us even finishing top half at this rate. Even with a bunch of good players to come back you just feel others will get injured and even if Diaz helps up front doesn't fix our non existent midfield.

Something's up with the new medical team which seems worse than the old. Small injuries turn into month long absences. Injury recoveries taking longer than ever.

Thinking about it, we're really in more disarray than we think. Medical team's in shambles, the scouting team that worked so well for us are mostly gone, owners don't care, players look shot. It's gonna take a while

Really strange how quickly it fell apart when it feels like the club can do no wrong for so long

Thank God we won a PL.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Believe me I'm grateful for it. But it's just immensely frustrating to lose 2 titles by 1 point after we'd racked up 95+ points ourselves.

The other frustration is if we'd managed to hold things together for one more season then this year was a tremendous opportunity. City have looked at their most vulnerable since 2019/20 despite Haaland's zillion goals and I still fully expect Arsenal to wilt in the run in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back