The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sucks but nowhere near as hurt as 4 years ago.
We weren’t favourites four years ago. This one hurts more.
Especially after missing out on the EPL by one point as well. It’s going to be a long off season.
The only thing that could have been worse is if you locked in the scores at the 70th minute of Match Day 38 an ended the domestic season there.

6 out of our last 7 games we conceded the first goal. That's a team running on fumes. 63 games will do that to you.

Courtois made a couple of good saves but overall we lacked guile in the final third. Set pieces and crossing really poor.

Trent has given food to his critics tonight. Very dozy defending.

Could be the end of an era with Mane's comments and who's knows about Salah?

Still a great season, it was a hell of a ride, but a dunno how the players are going to feel about having a "victory" parade.

We weren’t favourites four years ago. This one hurts more.
Especially after missing out on the EPL by one point as well. It’s going to be a long off season.
The only thing that could have been worse is if you locked in the scores at the 70th minute of Match Day 38 an ended the domestic season there.
Fair enough. We'd won nothing to that point for 6 years and we went ahead in the game. They've won every major trophy since and I'm more confident we'll be back contending than in '18.

The Fabinho yellow after ignoring all the Madrid fouls, the Courtois heroics, the crosses and corners that missed over and over. It just really always felt like tonight wasn’t going to be our night.

So incredibly frustrating, to be so close and yet so so far. This one will sting given it was one we should have won. 23 shots to f#%king 3?! I mean to not be ahead at half time - so tough!

💔 YNWA

6 out of our last 7 games we conceded the first goal. That's a team running on fumes. 63 games will do that to you.

Courtois made a couple of good saves but overall we lacked guile in the final third. Set pieces and crossing really poor.

Trent has given food to his critics tonight. Very dozy defending.

Could be the end of an era with Mane's comments and who's knows about Salah?

Still a great season, it was a hell of a ride, but a dunno how the players are going to feel about having a "victory" parade.

Yeah, a victory parade is going to be so very bittersweet. We really lacked creative imagination at the top end didn’t we. Relying on a mistake or bad defending. Sigh :(

What a great season it has been. Gutting to fall just short in the two big ones but what a journey. A cup double is nothing to sneeze at. Can’t be too harsh on the players or manager, they are all heroes and we will miss them when they are gone.

See you all in August.

Last edited:
Disappointing end but that was the most un-Liverpool performance I've seen all season. Slow, uninspired, no press, no energy. We just looked like a really, really tired team just hanging on and hoping for a bit of luck or some bad defending or a mistake which we never got. Helps too when Courtois was saving everything.

But we were just absolutely nowhere near our best. Real barely troubled us but somehow found a goal. Bitter way to end the season. That's really one that has gotten away though, we are better than that Madrid side and it would be deserved for this wonderful team to have gotten a second European Cup.

Still love each and every one of them. They need a rest. We need some reinforcements, and now we go again.

So depressing. This season feels like the final shot from the first - and really the ultimate - build of the Klopp project. In it till the end for everything, at the end they have rounded out the trophy cabinet but it still feels hollow. I feel a similar feeling to the first Madrid loss - a feeling that we may never be back here again. I'm happy this time with that feeling that we did actually experience the success but I feel more grounded in being worried now about the missed opportunities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hindsight is a beautiful thing.. yeah I know all of that.. but did we play our fittest side.. should we have made the unfashionable move of playing Jota or Bobby up front from the get go.. so they can get their heads on it.. and be done with it.

Salah dunno.. was he mentally scarred from the African Cup.. might have taken him a lil while to get himself up to peak physical fitness again.. but not this long. He may not feel as though he's the main bloke up front anymore. That might have played a part. I dunno. I'm sure they tried to sort it out.. but something has been NQR with him for a while now. He had.. what.. how many shots on target? 4-5. Should have put 1 or 2 away. I think he was just more content on getting em on target.. basically.. hit and hope.. really. Not exactly purposeful.

The passing.. balls in to the box.. average. TAA.. was just driving em in there. Didn't like it.

What can I say.. yeah we had 24 shots or whatever.. but we just didn't play the Liverpool way.

It is what it is.. accept it.. and let's look forward to next season.

Zero goals in 3 games of Cup finals football. We could’ve easily not won one.
Every CL final we have played in under Klopp our performance has not been anywhere near our peak. Are we burnt out every time?

Watching Liverpool go forward took me back to optus stadium only hours earlier watching the Eagles trying to go inside 50.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back