The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't miss out on many identified targets. It's clear the issue will be wages. There is a clear strategy that is a flatter salary structure than our main rivals, identifying targets clearly and not getting impatient, and dealing with other clubs with respect during transfers.

Yep. Everything seems to point to a deal lined up next summer for a top class CM. Whether that's Bellingham or someone else remains to be seen.

Honestly, if Naby doesn't sign a new contract I think we should sell him now and buy a midfielder

If we are committed to being net spend FC then we can't let Mo, Bob and Naby leave on a free, we need to get something from at least one of them

Romano's reporting that Naby is likely to extend. I reckon that gets done in the near future. We've kept faith with him during his many injury issues and only clubs like PSG / Newcastle Utd etc will be able to offer him a pay rise.

Nat Phillips won't be too far away either. 15-20m for him.

With the club wanting Ox to stay and another year for and Milner going around once again it really appears as we won't be making a major midfield signing this window.

If that's the case Curtis Jones, Tyler Morton & Harvey Elliott really need to step it up this season. Can only assume we have a Bellingham deal lined up in 12 months time if we aren't signing someone now.

Carvalho can also play in midfield and Bobby can play an AMF role at home against weaker teams.
That's the only thing I'm hoping is that the player we really want isnt available for another 12 months so instead of compromising, we wait. We've done this before so I'll back in that decision. Hopefully it's Bellingham too who is the player we are after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, is anyone else quite worried about Nunez. He just doesnt seem like the type of player we go for up top. I hope he scores a 1000 goals haha but I cant shake this feeling that it's not gonna work out.
I think he will be outstanding

Also, is anyone else quite worried about Nunez. He just doesnt seem like the type of player we go for up top. I hope he scores a 1000 goals haha but I cant shake this feeling that it's not gonna work out.

Not at all. Uruguyans have tremendous mentality. He's young, has pace, skill, strength. Really the complete package for a striker. Expect there will be a settling in period but after that will be all guns blazing.

Expect there will be a settling in period but after that will be all guns blazing.

This is why I'm not worried. He's joining a team already with Salah, Diaz, Jota and Firmino so he has time to settle in without expectation to hit the ground running like most big transfer money forwards. Given he has shown previously he can adapt and continue his improvement pretty quickly given his changes of teams so far in his career im not worried at all. Think it worked well for Diaz as well where anything he did produce early was a bonus.

1. Salah
2. Mane
3. Suarez
4. Torres
5. Fowler

Suarez' level was higher for 2013/14 obviously but he was only here for 3 years while Sadio performed at the top for 6 years.
God cant be that low. That's crazy.

I'd have it.

1. Salah
2. Fowler
3. Mane
4. Suarez
5. Torres
6. Owen
7. Firmino

Fowler was crueled with injuries and a manager who preferred a big and little approach with Heskey/Owen so was squeezed out but in his prime, well there was a reason he was called God. 30+ goal seasons are hard to come by, Firmino and Owen have none, Torres just the one 30+ goal season, Suarez has two 30+ goal seasons and Mane also has none.

Robbie Fowler has three seasons where he scored 30+ goals. All in a row too before got injured. Only Salah can match that with three 30+ goal seasons.

I have Mane over Suarez only because of longevity and his impact in helping us win every trophy possible. Best individual season is Suarez though, just in front of Mo's debut campaign.

Fowler is also quite easily the most natural and gifted goal scorer on the list and the best finisher. Give him a quarter of a chance and he'd bury it. He was a phenomenal player in his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back