Elsternwick AFC
For the record, my view is:

Salah
Suarez
Fowler
Mane
Owen
Torres

And if I could pick any player in their prime to play forward for Liverpool, I'd still deeply consider picking Firmino first, because of how he improves his teammates. Just about my favourite player ever.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Why? He isn’t on a lot as it is compared to most clubs.

He's on 180k / week currently. Considering he will be 32 next year and no longer a starter I imagine any new contract offer will be less than his current deal. I can see him staying for another few seasons. Would be a great mentor for Carvalho.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
He's on 180k / week currently. Considering he will be 32 next year and no longer a starter I imagine any new contract offer will be less than his current deal. I can see him staying for another few seasons. Would be a great mentor for Carvalho.
Fair enough, I thought that he was on less.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Nunez offers some different attributes to our current attackers, and his signing gives us a bit of flexibility to change things up. I wonder if we'll see a return of Klopp's 4-2-3-1 formation?

E.g.
--------Nunez----------
--Diaz-Firmino-Salah--
----Fabinho-Thiago----
Rob--VVD-Konate--TAA
--------Alisson----------

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nunez offers some different attributes to our current attackers, and his signing gives us a bit of flexibility to change things up. I wonder if we'll see a return of Klopp's 4-2-3-1 formation?

E.g.
--------Nunez----------
--Diaz-Firmino-Salah--
----Fabinho-Thiago----
Rob--VVD-Konate--TAA
--------Alisson----------

Likely only at home vs weaker opponents and maybe later in the game if we are chasing the game against a big team.

Steven Gerrard

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Melbourn Victory, 49ers
For over two years I’ve been saying on here that our owners are tight asses and one day we’ll all look back and see Liverpool’s one league title sandwiched in between Man City’s 4 or 5. I need to make an adjustment on that latter point, make it sandwiched in between City’s 6 or 7.

I am not yet prepared to say “I told you so”, I’m hopeful Klopp can work his magic with Diaz and Nunez but if City wins the league next season, I’ll be stating for the record that I told you *en so. Some of you on here put Henry up on a pedestal and actually had the audacity to challenge me on what I’m saying when the truth of the matter is, I’m ******* bang on point. Where’s our midfield signing? Everyone can see we’re in desperate need of improvement in that area of the pitch, heck even my missus says we need improvement in that area and she doesn’t know a thing about football. But we’re going to wait until January or the next summer to improve that area, when it’s all too ******* late…because…you know…Henry. And even then, if we are in competition for Bellingham, or whoever, the other clubs will simply offer more in wages. Every club now knows, want to prize a potential signing from Liverpool, offer a higher wage because Liverpool’s owners watch every dime.

The only thing keeping us relevant ATM is Klopp. But even Klopp has his limit. He left BD because he couldn’t keep up with BM’s spending. Similar thing is happing here and now with Liverpool. It’s playing out in front of us right here and now. We can’t keep up with City because our owners are tight. We have lost two league titles to City by a point in the space of 4 seasons…that’s the fine margins we are dealing with and a little bit of investment here and there and things could have been so different. We are Liverpool FFS, invest a bit, win more titles and watch the money ******* roll in. I hate to think what it will be like once Klopp leaves.

When the speculation about Nunez started, I was pleasantly surprised. I thought maybe I was wrong about our owners. But nope, I’m still ******* right. Most of Nunez will be funded by the sale of Mane and Minamino. Like for like. Minamino aside, we sold a 20 goal a year player for a potential 20 goal a year player. There’s no actual improvement to the team, just a signing which hopefully maintains the status quo.

In 20 years when they start doing docos on this era, we are going to look like the battlers who gave it their all but in the end couldn’t keep up with one of the all time great sides, if not the GOAT. We will be to City now what Aston Villa was to liverpool in the late 70s/early 80s. The only thing keeping Liverpool in the conversation ATM is that we’ve won the CL and City hasn’t. If City win the double next season, and I am very concerned it will, its game over.

Mar 19, 2014
Newcastle
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Coney Island Warriors, Dallas, Liverpool
For over two years I’ve been saying on here that our owners are tight asses and one day we’ll all look back and see Liverpool’s one league title sandwiched in between Man City’s 4 or 5. I need to make an adjustment on that latter point, make it sandwiched in between City’s 6 or 7.

I am not yet prepared to say “I told you so”, I’m hopeful Klopp can work his magic with Diaz and Nunez but if City wins the league next season, I’ll be stating for the record that I told you en so. Some of you on here put Henry up on a pedestal and actually had the audacity to challenge me on what I’m saying when the truth of the matter is, I’m ****** bang on point. Where’s our midfield signing? Everyone can see we’re in desperate need of improvement in that area of the pitch, heck even my missus says we need improvement in that area and she doesn’t know a thing about football. But we’re going to wait until January or the next summer to improve that area, when it’s all too ******* late…because…you know…Henry. And even then, if we are in competition for Bellingham, or whoever, the other clubs will simply offer more in wages. Every club now knows, want to prize a potential signing from Liverpool, offer a higher wage because Liverpool’s owners watch every dime.

The only thing keeping us relevant ATM is Klopp. But even Klopp has his limit. He left BD because he couldn’t keep up with BM’s spending. Similar thing is happing here and now with Liverpool. It’s playing out in front of us right here and now. We can’t keep up with City because our owners are tight. We have lost two league titles to City by a point in the space of 4 seasons…that’s the fine margins we are dealing with and a little bit of investment here and there and things could have been so different. We are Liverpool FFS, invest a bit, win more titles and watch the money ******* roll in. I hate to think what it will be like once Klopp leaves.

When the speculation about Nunez started, I was pleasantly surprised. I thought maybe I was wrong about our owners. But nope, I’m still ******* right. Most of Nunez will be funded by the sale of Mane and Minamino. Like for like. Minamino aside, we sold a 20 goal a year player for a potential 20 goal a year player. There’s no actual improvement to the team, just a signing which hopefully maintains the status quo.

In 20 years when they start doing docos on this era, we are going to look like the battlers who gave it their all but in the end couldn’t keep up with one of the all time great sides, if not the GOAT. We will be to City now what Aston Villa was to liverpool in the late 70s/early 80s. The only thing keeping Liverpool in the conversation ATM is that we’ve won the CL and City hasn’t. If City win the double next season, and I am very concerned it will, its game over.
Turn it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sippa

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda

I am not yet prepared to say “I told you so”, I’m hopeful Klopp can work his magic with Diaz and Nunez but if City wins the league next season, I’ll be stating for the record that I told you en so. Some of you on here put Henry up on a pedestal and actually had the audacity to challenge me on what I’m saying when the truth of the matter is, I’m ****** bang on point. Where’s our midfield signing? Everyone can see we’re in desperate need of improvement in that area of the pitch, heck even my missus says we need improvement in that area and she doesn’t know a thing about football. But we’re going to wait until January or the next summer to improve that area, when it’s all too ******* late…because…you know…Henry. And even then, if we are in competition for Bellingham, or whoever, the other clubs will simply offer more in wages. Every club now knows, want to prize a potential signing from Liverpool, offer a higher wage because Liverpool’s owners watch every dime.

You are ridiculous

I keep forgetting about Carvalho. I watched some highlights of him earlier today, looks like a mini Cout. I wonder if he will play much of a part for us next season.

Probably cup games and a few sub appearances unless he shows a lot.

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Seconded. Bought tickets to the FA cup final through a guy on that group.
Yeah I know a mate who has too... he seems very nice and fare how he gets the tickets, plus he would be making a couple of dollars...
Unfortunately getting tickets to the EPL isn't as easier like AFL games

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Some rumours doing the rounds we might sell Salah for 65 million cos no new contract agreed.

Sounds like we've come as far as we are prepared to on a new deal for Mo who obviously wants to stay but on his terms.

At the end of the day the only club likely to sign him and give him a bigger contract is PSG and we all know Mo doesn't want to play in Ligue 1 yet. Mo can still take the 4 year deal on offer and head to PSG for an easy pay day at 34/35.

We've called his agent's bluff and have left the ball in his agent's court. And should an offer of 70 million odd come in I suspect we would sell if we can get a suitable replacement in.

Anyone heard the Rodrygo rumours? Granted I don't follow much of the speculation in the off-season but I saw that the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back