The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
100m might change that tune.

They don't need the 100m at this point in time, though. They have already brought in a lot of players this window so they wouldn't be going out and splashing the cash on more.

I was just thinking after that terrible opening day slip up that after Match week 11. We need to be 10-1-0.

Before we play Man City at Anfield on MD 11, we have to go to Man Utd, Chelsea, Everton and Arsenal away, 10-1 would be a dream

That's why that slip against Fulham hurts, gotta make sure it's a one off

Last edited:
Klopp needs to start Nunez. Enough with the cotton wool stuff already We paid 65m for him, just *ing start him, fk me. Look at Bayern, they bought Mane, no fuss, no frills.

Match one and we're already behind City. We have in our locker that silly game every season where we are expected to win but for various reason, which always includes the ref, we drop points. Last season it was against Brighton. Annoying.

We need to stop the concerning trend of conceding the opening goal. Honestly I've forgotten what it's like to lead 1-0.

As for our midfield...let's just say I don't want to sound like a broken record. It should have been sorted in the pre-season.

Before we play Man City at Anfield on MD 11, we have to go to Man Utd, Chelsea, Everton and Arsenal away, 10-1 would be a dream

That's why that slip against Fulham hurts, gotta make sure it's a one off
Not too worried about United or Everton, both are shite. Chelsea and Arsenal should be a good test. 10-1-0 would be a dream heading into the game against City.

He looked good when he came on but Carvalho looked great during pre-season. Don't be surprised if Jurgen goes with Carvalho.

Saying that, Jurgen said Naby is just crook and will certainly be available for the next game.
Carvalho on the left side in midfield makes more sense to me. He can also drift behind the front line and Fabinho and Hendo can be a pivot.

If Elliott starts, Henderson has to switch sides.

Not too worried about United or Everton, both are shite. Chelsea and Arsenal should be a good test. 10-1-0 would be a dream heading into the game against City.

We have to be at least within 3 points of City before the MD 11 game at Anfield, and we have to win that, too

That slip up against Fulham means we'd have to find a way to win at the Bridge, which is gonna be tough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One injury away on Hendo Fab or Naby from crisis territory

Yeah we should've signed a mid
I have faith in Elliott and Carvalho to come in and contribute.

It's only problematic right now because Thiago, Ox and Jones are all out.

If everyone is fit we're ok in midfield to wait for Bellingham.

I have faith in Elliott and Carvalho to come in and contribute.

It's only problematic right now because Thiago, Ox and Jones are all out.

If everyone is fit we're ok in midfield to wait for Bellingham.

That is the problem. Our midfield (for as good as it is) is full of perma-crocks.

Predicted side for Palace

Diaz-Nunez-Salah
Carvalho-Fabinho-Henderson
Robbo-VVD-Matip-Arnold
Alisson

Subs: Adrian, Van Den Berg, Gomez, Kostas, Milner, Bajcetic, Keita, Elliott, Firmino
I’d go the 4-2-3-1 formation instead. Our midfield is being bypassed anyway so why not use it to our advantage

Nunez
Diaz-Elliott-Salah
Carvalho-Fabinho
Robbo-VVD-Matip-Arnold
Alisson

Subs: Henderson, Adrian, Van Den Berg, Gomez, Kostas, Milner, Bajcetic, Keita, Elliott, Firmino

This guy sums it up well

Yeah for sure. Im in the same boat as everyone with the midfield issues. But as we've seen in the past we are willing to wait to get the right guy rather than buy now to get our second or third option. I reckon we are all in on Bellingham but cant get him for another 12 months so we just have to bite the bullet and go with what we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back