The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, Matip's problem is staying on the park. He's been a very solid player his entire time at the club.

Watching Trent really closely this morning, and it just effects everyone around him. Salah is too good of a teammate to just run in front of him when Trent decides to go inside right, which is all. the. time. That's why Salah is so wide. Trent doesn't run sideline any more. Then when the ball turns over, everyone is moved out of shape to cover for Trent. Salah's heat map from this morning would be pretty instructive.

Jota's performance this morning was encouraging. Hopefully it takes some of the pressure off Nunez. We've been so blessed as supporters to see Mane, Salah, Diaz and Jota hit the ground running as soon as they arrived. Everyone forgets how long it took Bobby to really start to consistently perform (and I love Bobby). If Nunez can come off the bench, hopefully jag a couple, perhaps get an easy kill in a cup match, then he can really grow into the role, which will be different to others before him at Liverpool.

But on the whole I thought the performance this morning wasn't a turning point. Felt a lot like the Newcastle game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back