Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
I don't think we'll get Bellingham, and sounds like Declan Rice is the backup, which is a bit weird since they are two very different midfielders

Maybe we're just trying to shell out for a home grown player knowing we have a few leaving
What makes you think we wont? Everything I've seen or read has pointed to the fact that we are absolutely all in on Bellingham and leading the race.

Now... we pray.

Wrenny

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Screenshot_20221120-090645_Twitter.jpg

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Who even said we are "leading the race"? No point leading the race in November anyway
I dont know, like a ton of news sites and ITK's and all that.

But doesnt really matter. We just wait til the summer and see if it's an actual thing. You'd think we'd need to recover in the league and finish top 4 too.

A lot of water to still go under the bridge.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
For future reference/preparation/manipulation…

Ideally he puts in 5 years of world class service. If he wants an opportunity in Spain around the time he turns 30/31 then so be it. Ideally we extend his contract mid term so we get a transfer fee for him (ala Sadio Mane).

I actually think Sadio transfer was a great deal for the club. Yeah he is world class right now but the club needs to think long term. Will he be in 2-3 years time? Unlikely. And we got back what we paid for him after 6 seasons of world class service.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Injury updates:

Jota end of January. Ouch. Must have torn his calf to be out that long. Lucky there was a 6 week WC break for him otherwise the season would almost be a total writeoff with him being out for all of pre season and much of the start of the season.

Arthur who knows. What a joke that loan signing has been. If he isn't going to be fit by January I presume we'll send him back to Juve.

At least Naby is all systems go for Dubai training camp along with Matip. Both will surely play the League Cup game away at City.

At least Naby is all systems go for Dubai training camp along with Matip.

Can't wait for them to get injured at training camp.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Not how the quotes read at all tbh
I dont know, I read it.

Just disappointing. But he's not the first to join us as a stepping stone to one of the big Spanish clubs. Just a shame. That interview honestly pulled him down a bit in my lovable players list. You want those guys who just love the club and dont want to be anywhere else. You hear guys like Salah and Virg wax lyrical about the club all the time. Thiago has complimented us massively despite playing at massive clubs elsewhere etc....

Just not what you want to hear really from one of your star players.

Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
3 reasons why Julia Ward left less than half a year into the job:

1. Doesn't fancy the new job, not his thing so he walks
2. Finding FSG's current situation hard to work with, just like Edwards
3. New owners coming in soon who has their own ideas on how to run things

Nonetheless, there's so much instability around the club right now that hasn't been the case for the entirety of Jurgen's reign, we'll see how things turn out. Club not at the best spot right now but at least we know Jurgen's here to get us through it

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Didnt love this. Sell him to Barca at earliest opportunity. I only want blokes who are committed to the team.

If Diaz wants to treat us like a stepping stone then he can go asap.

That's not how the quote reads at all. Basically saying he would like to play in Spain one day. That's not at all surprising for a Colombian.

As long as he gives his best years to us that is all that matters to me. That's all we can expect from any player really. Unrealistic to expect that he will be here for another 10 years. Would you be happy if he puts in 5 world class seasons for us and departs at 31 years old to Barca?

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Sounds like the moneyball team that has worked so well with Klopp have all fallen out of favor for some reason

It's a strange situation. Are they jumping ship because FSG is leaving? Or do they have a problem with FSG and have had enough and despite them selling and kinda like saying, nah * you we're out?

I mean these guys have been brilliant at what they do, wouldnt they want to stay on if their is a possibility of the new owners releasing the handbrake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back