The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was really hoping we'd do a Keita deal. Just like to know he was coming even if is staying at Dortmond. Wonder if they'd be open to it in Jan if we pay up and loan him for the remainder of the season. They're not having a great season and gives them $$$ to help strengthen.

You'd expect at some point one of the oils will throw a massive transfer offer and 400k a week at him.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Look if Gibbo thinks so then may as well buy your red Bellingham shirt now ;)

200.gif

I would think he knows where to next. Hopefully the pull of home is stronger.

I wouldn't mind us trying to sign his younger brother as well if it will increase the chances of getting Jude.

Has there been many if any sets of brothers to have both played for Liverpool I wonder? 🤔

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
A lot of water still has to go under the bridge, things can change very quickly

We need two midfielders though, one wouldn't be enough. Jurg seems to want a holding mid since he's been dissatisfied with Fab
I highly doubt he is dissatisfied with Fab, every player can go through form swings.

But I do agree we need another midfielder. It will be interesting what we do because you would think our entire budget is gonna go on Jude Bellingham and to be honest that's ok I guess.

Up front we have Salah, Nunez, Jota, Diaz, Bobby and then young players like Doak and Gordon who can play in a front three. Elliott and Carvalho can also pinch hit in a front three.

In goal we are sorted with Ali, Kelleher and Adrian. If anything we loan out Kelleher next season and use Adrian as a No.2 but have a recall option on Kelleher for insurance to a possible long term injury on Ali so we're all good there.

Down back we have VVD, Konate, Matip and Gomez at CB with TAA/Ramsey at RB and Robbo/Tsimikas at LB.

So IMO it's not really a case of needing to bolster midfield but also needing more options in attack or defense as I think everywhere else on the pitch is pretty good. So it's really just a big change up in midfield. Then we come back to JB though and his price which will be massive and I fear that that will be basically our entire budget.

It might end up being a case of two out and only one in. But the two out being bit part players for one player who is expected to start week in and week out. Those two outs are of course Ox who wont be renewed and will leave on a free and Keita who I'm sure we'd like to renew but he just wont and it's honestly best for both parties.

Then I think it's a case of hoping Morton and Bajcetic can take another step. Morton is by all accounts absolutely excelling in the Championship, much like Elliott's loan did wonder for him, it seems to be the same for Morton and maybe he can come back and be an actual option in the first team. We've all seen how talented Bajcetic is too, skys the limit for him.

But is a midfield of Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson, Bellingham, Milner (I reckon he gets another one year deal) then the kids in Elliott, Jones, Carvalho, Morton and Bajcetic enough for us to push on.

That I guess is debatable. I'd like us to bring in another, say someone like Caicedo from Brighton that would really tip us over the edge talent wise. It would probs allow us to then perhaps loan out Bajcetic for a season. But then do we almost have too many midfielders, numbers wise it would be the same with Keita and Ox out and JB and Caicedo in but Keita and Ox never play anyways so really it's more like just two in, none out.

If someone like Caicedo comes in that makes a pretty strong 5 man midfield adding Fabinho, Thiago, Bellingham and Henderson in. But only three of those would start with the other two on the bench. The real victim here is Elliott who might get buried but you can see how much Klopp rates him, he plays him more often than not, sometimes even starting him with Henderson on the bench. Elliott is a super talent and I certainly dont want to bury him on the bench. Same can be said for Fabio too whose opportunities would dry up and I'm still not sure where Jones fits in.

So do you just bring in JB and trust that Elliott is that 5th guy now. It's a balancing act that I reckon comes down purely to money.

I think if we have the funds available Klopp would want two mids in, JB and then someone else. But I think we wont get those funds and it will just be hopefully JB coming in and we will have to rely on the quartet of youngsters to step up then hope that Thiago in particular stays fit.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
I highly doubt he is dissatisfied with Fab, every player can go through form swings.

But I do agree we need another midfielder. It will be interesting what we do because you would think our entire budget is gonna go on Jude Bellingham and to be honest that's ok I guess.

Up front we have Salah, Nunez, Jota, Diaz, Bobby and then young players like Doak and Gordon who can play in a front three. Elliott and Carvalho can also pinch hit in a front three.

In goal we are sorted with Ali, Kelleher and Adrian. If anything we loan out Kelleher next season and use Adrian as a No.2 but have a recall option on Kelleher for insurance to a possible long term injury on Ali so we're all good there.

Down back we have VVD, Konate, Matip and Gomez at CB with TAA/Ramsey at RB and Robbo/Tsimikas at LB.

So IMO it's not really a case of needing to bolster midfield but also needing more options in attack or defense as I think everywhere else on the pitch is pretty good. So it's really just a big change up in midfield. Then we come back to JB though and his price which will be massive and I fear that that will be basically our entire budget.

It might end up being a case of two out and only one in. But the two out being bit part players for one player who is expected to start week in and week out. Those two outs are of course Ox who wont be renewed and will leave on a free and Keita who I'm sure we'd like to renew but he just wont and it's honestly best for both parties.

Then I think it's a case of hoping Morton and Bajcetic can take another step. Morton is by all accounts absolutely excelling in the Championship, much like Elliott's loan did wonder for him, it seems to be the same for Morton and maybe he can come back and be an actual option in the first team. We've all seen how talented Bajcetic is too, skys the limit for him.

But is a midfield of Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson, Bellingham, Milner (I reckon he gets another one year deal) then the kids in Elliott, Jones, Carvalho, Morton and Bajcetic enough for us to push on.

That I guess is debatable. I'd like us to bring in another, say someone like Caicedo from Brighton that would really tip us over the edge talent wise. It would probs allow us to then perhaps loan out Bajcetic for a season. But then do we almost have too many midfielders, numbers wise it would be the same with Keita and Ox out and JB and Caicedo in but Keita and Ox never play anyways so really it's more like just two in, none out.

If someone like Caicedo comes in that makes a pretty strong 5 man midfield adding Fabinho, Thiago, Bellingham and Henderson in. But only three of those would start with the other two on the bench. The real victim here is Elliott who might get buried but you can see how much Klopp rates him, he plays him more often than not, sometimes even starting him with Henderson on the bench. Elliott is a super talent and I certainly dont want to bury him on the bench. Same can be said for Fabio too whose opportunities would dry up and I'm still not sure where Jones fits in.

So do you just bring in JB and trust that Elliott is that 5th guy now. It's a balancing act that I reckon comes down purely to money.

I think if we have the funds available Klopp would want two mids in, JB and then someone else. But I think we wont get those funds and it will just be hopefully JB coming in and we will have to rely on the quartet of youngsters to step up then hope that Thiago in particular stays fit.

From what I have been reading Bajcetic on loan next season is very likely. He is where Morton was last season but needs a season of first team football week in week out. Did the job for Elliot and is now working great for Morton.

Ideally 2 midfielders in this summer to replace Keita/Ox (even sell them in January if an offer comes in).

Can't see Milner getting another deal this time round. He has struggled physically big time this season. That's only going to get worse no matter how well he keeps himself in shape. Henderson will take over the experienced role in the squad from 23 onwards.

That leaves us next season with 2 new midfielders (hopefully Bellingham/Caicedo) plus Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson, Elliott, Morton, Jones, Carvalho.

2024 summer window a replacement for Thiago will be needed. Then finally in 2025 Hendo finishes up and another replacement is needed plus possibly Fab who will be 32 by then. I believe Jurg is planning to overhaul our midfield completely by the time he finishes up leaving the team in a great position for a new manager with new ideas to put his stamp on the team in 4 years time. It might seem ages away but the planning for it starts now.

Possible team for the first friendly?

Carvalho-Firmino-Salah
Milner-Bajcetic-Elliott
Robbo-Gomez-Phillips-Ramsay
Kelleher

Subs (fit players that are there): Adrian, Davies, Mrozek, Quansah, Kostas, Chambers, Clark, Keita, Cain, Frauendorf, Ox, Doak, Stewart

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
From what I have been reading Bajcetic on loan next season is very likely. He is where Morton was last season but needs a season of first team football week in week out. Did the job for Elliot and is now working great for Morton.

Ideally 2 midfielders in this summer to replace Keita/Ox (even sell them in January if an offer comes in).

Can't see Milner getting another deal this time round. He has struggled physically big time this season. That's only going to get worse no matter how well he keeps himself in shape. Henderson will take over the experienced role in the squad from 23 onwards.

That leaves us next season with 2 new midfielders (hopefully Bellingham/Caicedo) plus Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson, Elliott, Morton, Jones, Carvalho.

2024 summer window a replacement for Thiago will be needed. Then finally in 2025 Hendo finishes up and another replacement is needed plus possibly Fab who will be 32 by then. I believe Jurg is planning to overhaul our midfield completely by the time he finishes up leaving the team in a great position for a new manager with new ideas to put his stamp on the team in 4 years time. It might seem ages away but the planning for it starts now.
Bellingham is a perfect age for us to have that next wave. By the time Hendo/Thiago go he will be 21-22 and ready to just take over.

Im not sure about Milner. Depends what he wants I think. Klopp I reckon would love him to stick around for his leadership and mentorship for the young guys. He's the perfect example as to what it takes to make it at the top. But Milner knows his chances of playing will be very limited so I think it comes down to him and what he wants to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back