Steven Gerrard

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Melbourn Victory, 49ers
Not so long ago the top earning clubs were revealed. I can’t remember who finished first and second in that order but Manchester City and Real Madrid were in the top 2, Liverpool was third and Manchester United was fourth. Now you don’t have to be the Chief Auditor / Financial Investigator of the World Monetary Fund to know that City sits in the top 2 because its owner makes significant owner contributions and dresses the payments up as sponsorship revenue and most in the know will know that Real Madrid has been government backed. Take out the cheats (City) and the commi block of club football (Real), and Liverpool is the legitimate top earning club in the world. Probably won’t last because we can’t keep relying on Becker to score goals in the last minute to make top 4, right? I would like to know where all the money goes, though. Our wage bill is high but it’s by no means the highest.

First John Henry said he was looking at a partial sale but wouldn’t rule out a sale as a going concern. Now he’s saying the club isn’t for sale but money will be available in the summer. Thanks John for the 60 million pounds that you’ve probably got in your mind, but what the club needs is for you to sell up to a deeper pocket and * off. But he just can’t look past the revenue streams that this club provides for him. He bought the club for a bargain price and now this campaigner will reap the benefit for years to come without giving much back. The stadium upgrade, interest free loan. Same with the new training centre. VVD and AB, the Coutinho money. Signing Klopp, 7.5 years ago. Henry did a bit here and a bit there, now he can enjoy the revenue streams indefinitely while LFC will be on the perimeter of the top 4 or 5 every year but without seriously giving the league a shot because smaller clubs with deep pocket owners will just outspend it.

Every year around this time I hear the usual crap about how the upcoming summer window will be the big one. Yet all we get is diamonds in the rough after we have liquidated half the playing list. From almost winning the quadruple last season to being trophyless this season. Beat Man United 7-0, lose to the bottom team the next week. This inconsistency doesn’t win you the league and it reminds me of the Benitez days. We’ve done a full circle with this owner, honestly they just need to go so we can get a deep pocket and really take advantage of the FFP rules. What’s the point in being the legitimate highest earner in club football if your owner does not shelve out? Completely pointless. It’s like earning a heap of airline points on your credit card but you have a fear of flying, it's pointless. If they do not sell to a deep pocket, what happened this season will become more frequent in the future and our back to back champions league/premier league season wins will have been a flash in the pan.

#FSGOUT#FSGOUT

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
Not so long ago the top earning clubs were revealed. I can’t remember who finished first and second in that order but Manchester City and Real Madrid were in the top 2, Liverpool was third and Manchester United was fourth. Now you don’t have to be the Chief Auditor / Financial Investigator of the World Monetary Fund to know that City sits in the top 2 because its owner makes significant owner contributions and dresses the payments up as sponsorship revenue and most in the know will know that Real Madrid has been government backed. Take out the cheats (City) and the commi block of club football (Real), and Liverpool is the legitimate top earning club in the world. Probably won’t last because we can’t keep relying on Becker to score goals in the last minute to make top 4, right? I would like to know where all the money goes, though. Our wage bill is high but it’s by no means the highest.

First John Henry said he was looking at a partial sale but wouldn’t rule out a sale as a going concern. Now he’s saying the club isn’t for sale but money will be available in the summer. Thanks John for the 60 million pounds that you’ve probably got in your mind, but what the club needs is for you to sell up to a deeper pocket and * off. But he just can’t look past the revenue streams that this club provides for him. He bought the club for a bargain price and now this campaigner will reap the benefit for years to come without giving much back. The stadium upgrade, interest free loan. Same with the new training centre. VVD and AB, the Coutinho money. Signing Klopp, 7.5 years ago. Henry did a bit here and a bit there, now he can enjoy the revenue streams indefinitely while LFC will be on the perimeter of the top 4 or 5 every year but without seriously giving the league a shot because smaller clubs with deep pocket owners will just outspend it.

Every year around this time I hear the usual crap about how the upcoming summer window will be the big one. Yet all we get is diamonds in the rough after we have liquidated half the playing list. From almost winning the quadruple last season to being trophyless this season. Beat Man United 7-0, lose to the bottom team the next week. This inconsistency doesn’t win you the league and it reminds me of the Benitez days. We’ve done a full circle with this owner, honestly they just need to go so we can get a deep pocket and really take advantage of the FFP rules. What’s the point in being the legitimate highest earner in club football if your owner does not shelve out? Completely pointless. It’s like earning a heap of airline points on your credit card but you have a fear of flying, it's pointless. If they do not sell to a deep pocket, what happened this season will become more frequent in the future and our back to back champions league/premier league season wins will have been a flash in the pan.

#FSGOUT#FSGOUT

This might be the most positive thing he's ever posted on here because it mentions we beat Man U 7-0.

If I am to guess our summer plans, it's Bellingham only and no one else. Which would be a very stupid strategy but I wouldn't be surprised

With 200m plus whatever we bring in from player sales allocated for use, if it is only Bellingham when he is not really a position of need then someone has seriously ****ed up.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Good to see that he's dealt with it and moved on

FB_IMG_1679043150674.jpg

If I am to guess our summer plans, it's Bellingham only and no one else. Which would be a very stupid strategy but I wouldn't be surprised
Paul Joyce is talking up Mount as a Bellingham alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back