The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virtually every one of our cup finals our forwards went missing when it mattered. 1000000 shots with barely anything on target. Players like DeBruyne is the difference between us and City. At least they have mids that can threaten the goals when their forwards get shut down. Having one goal threat in the middle won't hurt. Two workhorses along side them is more than enough.

We scored 73 league goals for the season, we're fine there. The problem is conceding 47 and virtually any team finds it easy to rip us apart on the counter. This obsession with scoring goals just doesn't make any sense, our defense and midfield is midtable quality at best, that is the biggest issue

It'd be nice to go 1 or 2 goals up for once and don't * up that lead because we are pathetic at the back for once

Henderson and TAA called up for England.
Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliott called up for England U21s.
Quansah called up for England U20s.
VVD and Gakpo called up for Netherlands.
Sepp Van Den Berg called up for Netherlands U21s.
Andy Robertson called up for Scotland.
Ben Doak called up for Scotland U21s.
Jota called up for Portugal.
Konate called up for France.
Kelleher called up for Ireland.
Luis Diaz called up for Colombia.
Salah called up for Egypt.
Owen Beck called up for Wales U21s.
Lewis Koumas called up for Wales U19s.
Mac Allister called up for Argentina.

We scored 73 league goals for the season, we're fine there. The problem is conceding 47 and virtually any team finds it easy to rip us apart on the counter. This obsession with scoring goals just doesn't make any sense, our defense and midfield is midtable quality at best, that is the biggest issue

It'd be nice to go 1 or 2 goals up for once and don't * up that lead because we are pathetic at the back for once

We definitely need attacking options in midfield. Gives the side unpredictability. If we rely on forwards opponents can just shut down supply. Then they get at us more and goals are conceded. We need threats from mid to create other opportunities for our forwards. Right now apart from Macalister & Carvalho we have none. Carvalho is going on loan. We need a class attacking mid. Helps if they can also play along the front line and/or further back in mid if needed.

We definitely need attacking options in midfield. Gives the side unpredictability. If we rely on forwards opponents can just shut down supply. Then they get at us more and goals are conceded. We need threats from mid to create other opportunities for our forwards. Right now apart from Macalister & Carvalho we have none. Carvalho is going on loan. We need a class attacking mid. Helps if they can also play along the front line and/or further back in mid if needed.

Jones and Elliot are literally right there, and now with Mac, we have enough going forward. We have zero midfielders that'd do the hard yards who aren't shot and old like Fab and Hendo

Jones and Elliot are literally right there, and now with Mac, we have enough going forward. We have zero midfielders that'd do the hard yards who aren't shot and old like Fab and Hendo

Jones has been a crock for a long time. Came good in the last quarter of the season but not the answer yet for goals from mid. Elliot's a wide player without great attacking stats.

Thuram + Morton plus a revitalised Fab having to fight for his spot is enough for next season in terms of hard workers in mid.

Jones has been a crock for a long time. Came good in the last quarter of the season but not the answer yet for goals from mid. Elliot's a wide player without great attacking stats.

Thuram + Morton plus a revitalised Fab having to fight for his spot is enough for next season in terms of hard workers in mid.

I have no idea where this Morton confidence comes from

Wouldn't rely on Fab either, his legs are definitely half shot.

Sounds like we are moving for both Thuram and Kone so that's good

I dont think Mac Allister is a goal scoring mid though. He got 12 in 40 last season for Brighton but I'm pretty sure most of those were pens. It would be like saying James Milner is a goal scoring mid because he took all our pens.

I do however agree we need more goals from midfield to help cover us when our forwards have off days. Going back and forth on whether or not we need steel in midfield or goals. Well it's both. We need both.

Hence Bellingham but FSG were too tight.

I dont think Mac Allister is a goal scoring mid though. He got 12 in 40 last season for Brighton but I'm pretty sure most of those were pens. It would be like saying James Milner is a goal scoring mid because he took all our pens.

I do however agree we need more goals from midfield to help cover us when our forwards have off days. Going back and forth on whether or not we need steel in midfield or goals. Well it's both. We need both.

Hence Bellingham but FSG were too tight.
Klopp’s system does not include goals from midfield. Over the last 6 years I reckon our defenders have scored more goals than the mids.

Klopp's system is all about our midfielders winning possession and getting the ball to our forwards to score. We don't have goal scoring midfielders and in fact I think the last time we had a goal scoring midfielder was when Stevie G wore the number 8. Alexis at 35 mil is an absolute bargain. A proven EPL midfielder and world cup winner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like a good option to rotate with Fabinho/Henderson at DM/#8

Apologies for the French language article. They are claiming Nice want just £35m to get the deal done. Sounds lowball to me.

Klopp's system is all about our midfielders winning possession and getting the ball to our forwards to score. We don't have goal scoring midfielders and in fact I think the last time we had a goal scoring midfielder was when Stevie G wore the number 8. Alexis at 35 mil is an absolute bargain. A proven EPL midfielder and world cup winner.

Klopp's system is evolving. Look at Trent's role. And some of our best performances came when Keita was actually doing something and a threat from midfield. Likewise with Ox in 17-18. We need goals from midfield.

Also, I wouldn't be writing off Fabinho just yet. A big summer rest plus fresh young legs around him may just see the old Fabinho return.
No reason he cannot bounce back, the guy is not even 30 yet. I am putting it down to our systems crumbling leaving him to cover more than he needed to, as well as an off year in general, than him being shot.

No reason he cannot bounce back, the guy is not even 30 yet. I am putting it down to our systems crumbling leaving him to cover more than he needed to, as well as an off year in general, than him being shot.

The short turnaround before last season didn't help plus shitloads of midfield injuries.

Looks like a good option to rotate with Fabinho/Henderson at DM/#8

Rumour we've agreed personal terms with Kone as well.

Private jet to land tomorrow from Nicé

I won't believe it until I hear the Babelcopter has been deployed to welcome them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back