FreoRicci

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Every time with international breaks. Always have injuries or knocks. Hope Allison is alright

gaskin

Hall of Famer
Aug 19, 2009
Gator Hater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
LFC, Glory, Wests, Seahawks, UGA
How we got a point from that I have no idea but I will take it. We looked our usual horrid self after an international break.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Take the point and run. Largely outplayed. Some of our defending better than it's been thankfully

Gave Doku soooooo much space all game though. Very lucky nothing came of it.

Costly point if Jota and Allison have hamstring injuries

Dylan8

Bar Up
Apr 7, 2013
Burn City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Take the point particularly with their home record. Will be wondering for days what Darwin was on about at the final whistle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sozabarus

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Trent got targeted all game but I thought he stood up well. Doku and Bernardo were at him relentlessly, no one is going to look flawless but I thought he did a great job and then got the goal down the other end. Happy for him.

Mr Meow

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 7, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Trent got targeted all game but I thought he stood up well. Doku and Bernardo were at him relentlessly, no one is going to look flawless but I thought he did a great job and then got the goal down the other end. Happy for him.
Man of the match on Sky. Doku was scintillating and not many would have restricted him. He still ended up with no goals and assists while Trent made some important interventions. And besides a couple of early passes I thought Trent was our best with ball. He had a mixed game but a good one.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
FB_IMG_1700925395709.jpg

Gak Attack

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2009
Launceston
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Houston Rockets

Thought Matip was excellent protecting him too. In fact, think Matip was probably our best for the game. He seemed the most comfortable of the whole team on the ball.

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Yeah people are massively over critical of him. Like he has two world class players in Silva and Doku to deal with and as he said at the end of the match, he was put in positions on whether to close to Doku or close on Silva, Klopp corrected it at HT and we looked a bit more solid. Thought overall he did really well, then punished them down the other end with a cracking finish.

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Thought Matip was excellent protecting him too. In fact, think Matip was probably our best for the game. He seemed the most comfortable of the whole team on the ball.
The bloke is massively underrated. He's been a better free signing than even Milner was. He's an elite CB but because he didnt come with a big price tag and because VVD is next to him often outshining him, he gets lost in the shuffle. But he's very, very good and you gotta love those mazy runs he does from CB that always open up the opposition massively. When he steps out from defense with the ball, he creates chaos. Great player.

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Overall, super happy with the result.

I thought we played nowhere near our best and to come away with a point is absolutely massive. Showed character and just persistence to dig in, knowing we're not playing well and still find a way to get a result.

Just gotta pray Jots and Ali's injuries arent too bad.

Good thing we didnt sell Kelleher like a few on here wanted to in the summer. He's gonna be needed. Would be a disaster if we had to go with Adrian in goals for the next 2-3 months.

Stottzy

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
A great result considering how dominate they were. Allison was rusty. Thought VVD could have marked better on Haaland for that first too. Darwin is such an enigma. You have no idea what ya gonna get, but you can't take ya eyes off him!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back