The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ali only missing 2 is a great result although I would rather us be cautious with a keeper and a hamstring injury.

LASK, Fulham, Sheffield United, and Palace up to the 9th. A week later is United which we will need him for.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Ali only missing 2 is a great result although I would rather us be cautious with a keeper and a hamstring injury.

LASK, Fulham, Sheffield United, and Palace up to the 9th. A week later is United which we will need him for.
United are shite though, could play me in goal and I reckon we still win 6-0.

GOALden Hawk

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Kelleher or Adrian or even Thiago in goal would be better than Onana anyway. Will probably be 4-3 the way United are playing.

Jota a big loss with so many fixtures coming up, need Mo to have a rest as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GOALden Hawk

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Excellent performance, and draw in the other game ensures we finish top of the group with a game to spare - surely rest everyone for the final match now.

Elliott is a very good player in games like this, kind of forget how young he is still.

The Punter

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
While I don't think we're going to play a team like the one we did at Villa all those years ago, there will be heavy rotation in Belgium in a couple of weeks considering the games immediately after (v Man U, League Cup QF v West Ham, v Arsenal). There will still be senior players who could use the minutes.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Lovely to have a dead rubber so that all the stars can get a rest. Send the kids out.

Easy day at the office really. Thought Quansah and Endo were quite good. Gakpo with a brace, Harvey was good too. Solid from everyone really.

I'd be disappointed if we dont win the EL really.

The Punter

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
Lovely to have a dead rubber so that all the stars can get a rest. Send the kids out.

Easy day at the office really. Thought Quansah and Endo were quite good. Gakpo with a brace, Harvey was good too. Solid from everyone really.

I'd be disappointed if we dont win the EL really.

The issue with winning the EL is going to be the teams coming from the UCL. It's a weak UCL year really, but there could still be some very good teams.

List of UCL teams who are still able to win the EL (could finish third in their UCL group): FC Copenhagen, Galatasaray, Man U, PSV, Lens, Sevilla (!), Napoli, Braga, Union Berlin, RB Salzburg, Benfica, Feyenoord (confirmed to be in EL), PSG, Newcastle, AC Milan, Young Boys, Red Star Belgrade, Porto, Shakhar Donesk.

Now the team that comes out of the Newcastle/PSG/AC Milan grouping is going to be a serious contender to win it all. I believe we would avoid Newcastle in the Round of 16 but maybe not PSG or AC Milan.

Other possible teams in the Round of 16 in the EL: West Ham, SC Freiburg, Marseille, Brighton, Real Betis, Rangers, Sparta Prague, Sporting, Rennes, Villarreal, Slavia Praha, AS Roma, Qarabag, Molde. A couple of possible speed bumps there.

The Punter

Brownlow Medallist
May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
My side for Fulham

Diaz-Nunez-Salah
Jones-Mac Allister-Szoboszlai
Kostas-VVD-Matip-TAA
Kelleher

Subs: Adrian, Konate, Quansah, Gomez, Chambers, Endo, Gravenberch, Elliott, Gakpo

Considering the next three are all PL games against more moderate opposition, Kostas is going to have to rest one of those games. And it might be Fulham (then he can go two starts then one rest for the foreseeable future).

Also, VVD hasn't played a midweek fixture since coming back from his PL ban (he started at LASK). The CB juggle may be interesting through the next few games.

Finally, I don't think Klopp names four defenders on the bench. I think Doak is more likely to be suited up on the weekend than Chambers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back