Upgrade

The next step of our upgrade will be happening on Sunday morning. Expect an outage of around 30 minutes at some stage.

Otherwise, use the site as normal.

Contact support@bigfooty.com if there are any big problems.

The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
What a game. We play like absolute shite again and still somehow walk away with all three points.

This was a massive win, early kick off, back to back away games, tired legs, little preparation, if we can just get a result here, rest the entire first team mid week then be ready to smash United at Anfield, just needed somehow someway to get all three points. And even though we did it the hard way, we did it again!

Just wonderful determination from the lads to keep going and find a way.

Now a rest for the week for the first team squad to recharge for bust xmas period.

Huge win!

Ali is honestly so far and away the best GK on the planet too. Thank god he's ours.

Cooldude

TheBrownDog
Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
When we bought Mo, I thought, okay decent signing, he is a different player from the Chelsea days now, if he scores 10-15 a season then we have a great player on our hands

He scored 15 by November and now has 200 for the club. Equal with Gerrard for best I've ever seen in a red shirt. No one would've ever seen that coming. What a man

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
When we bought Mo, I thought, okay decent signing, he is a different player from the Chelsea days now, if he scores 10-15 a season then we have a great player on our hands

He scored 15 by November and now has 200 for the club. Equal with Gerrard for best I've ever seen in a red shirt. No one would've ever seen that coming. What a man
Yep. Just gotta shout out the great man. Just the 5th player in the history of our club to score 200 goals. He's a phenomenon. Long live the King.

Mr Meow

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 7, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong

Unfairly criticised in some Liverpool circles (not on this website) over the years too. Occasionally he gets erratic in front of goal and it makes him get tunnel vision until he breaks a drought (fairly normal for prolific goal scorers I'd assume) but he's always done well in the assist and chance creation rankings. He also gets double teamed most games. Trent's output is related to Mo freeing up space and vice versa on that flank, a flank which has driven Liverpool to all of it's recent important trophies and classic title chases.

Cooldude

TheBrownDog
Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
The one to beat is still City, their run is much easier now, they'll probably win their next 6 at least. We need to win our next 6, too

United (H)
Arsenal (H)
Burnley (A)
Newcastle (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Chelsea (H)

Ironically the one I'm most afraid of is Bournemouth away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steven Gerrard

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Melbourn Victory, 49ers
Nunez. I don't know what to make of him. He gives 100% effort for the team so you can't fault his effort, it's clear he loves playing for the club so you can't fault his attitude and he gives assists and gets into good positions so you can't fault his reading of the game. But the chances he's missed and the amount of times he gets called offside is putting the team under pressure. The fact it's now been 7 games without a goal means for me it is an execution issue.

The Newcastle game aside, where he had nothing to lose given the situation of the game and given where he scored his goals, he only tends to score when we are already leading. I can't remember if it was against Fulham or Sheffield, but all he had to do was tap it low and he would have scored, but instead he crashes it straight into the fast approaching keeper. I could have done better. He's our central focal point, he needs to be better. The longer he goes without scoring the more anxious in front of goal he will become.

QuietB

Hall of Famer
May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nunez. I don't know what to make of him. He gives 100% effort for the team so you can't fault his effort, it's clear he loves playing for the club so you can't fault his attitude and he gives assists and gets into good positions so you can't fault his reading of the game. But the chances he's missed and the amount of times he gets called offside is putting the team under pressure. The fact it's now been 7 games without a goal means for me it is an execution issue.

The Newcastle game aside, where he had nothing to lose given the situation of the game and given where he scored his goals, he only tends to score when we are already leading. I can't remember if it was against Fulham or Sheffield, but all he had to do was tap it low and he would have scored, but instead he crashes it straight into the fast approaching keeper. I could have done better. He's our central focal point, he needs to be better. The longer he goes without scoring the more anxious in front of goal he will become.
Nunez needs space. All his good moments come when Liverpool are breaking or against sides who play a high line.

Nunez is almost completely lost at sea when a side plays a huge defensive block and that is what Palace did last night. Even Elliott’s goal only happened because the entire Palace defence and midfield collapsed on Liverpools front 3 and basically invited Elliott to walk in.

The huge improvement from Liverpool this season is that the midfield is scoring goals against low blocks.

Nunez might not have scored for 7 games and he might have been invisible last night but he probably should have scored half a dozen in the last 7 and how many assists has he provided?

He had a bad game last night - most of them did.

Wrenny

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
I mean the positive with Nunez is he is yet to click and we are still top of the table. This can only be a positive. He is impacting games more I feel this year, although not showing on the goals column. I think we can be patient and judge him at the end of the year. We have a whole new midfield remember. Still need a #6 and a CB or 2

SC_Power

Club Legend
May 20, 2023
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nunez also with 5 post/crossbar hits in PL, no one else with more than 2. Literally 20cm differences would have him being #3 on goals behind Salah/Haaland.

And has scored 4 goals in internationals over that time as well.

He's being compared with Haaland as they came into the PL at the same time, perhaps unjustly but understandably. I'm conformable with his output.

Remove this Banner Ad