The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

imagine fielding this team in a cup game

----------------------Kelleher---------------

Bradley--------Quansah------Bajcetic--------Jogo

-----Trent--------Mcconnell---------Clark

--Doak-----------Danns--------Gordon

Apart from Jogo who was signed at 17 all academy products.

My side vs Forest

Diaz-Nunez-Salah
Macca-Endo-Szoboszlai
Robbo-VVD-Konate-Gomez
Kelleher

Subs: Adrian, Quansah, Bradley, Kostas, McConnell, Clark, Elliott, Gakpo, Danns

The side pretty much picks itself apart from Jogo/Bradley. That's a tough one, Jogo has been superb and deserves minutes. Bradley though is in form. I actually believe Bradley plays this game and Jurg goes for a back 4 of Tsimikas/Quansah/Konate/Jogo in the Europa fixture.

I'd expect Diaz/Salah to be subbed after around 60 or so. Maybe McConnell gets more minutes replacing Endo depending on how the game goes.

How did Gomez play in midfield
Not great, he's not a 6. With McConnell and Clark, the three of them didnt work and we were opened up a few times in the first half. To their credit though, they stuck to the task and as the first half went on, they slowly got better. Then we dominated the second half.

It's interesting cos I'm pretty sure he left because of Jurg and now the moment Jurg leaves the owners are trying to bring him back.

Hmm...

Then owners have been trying to bring him back ever since he left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did a few decent long diag passes but I don't think we should try that against prem opposition.
I don't even like Gomez tucking inside ala Trent when he's playing right back. When he loses the ball we are exposed and he doesn't carry a big enough threat to make it worth it.

If anything his best form has been at left back where he is very much a conventional full back who keeps his width.

I reckon against Prague we play

----------------------Kelleher-----------------------

---Bradley----------Quansah----Jogo----------Kostas

---Elliott------------Clark----------Mcconnell

----Mo---------Danns---------Gakpo

Assuming Mo's good to go he needs time under his legs as he has barely played since mid Jan.

Absolutely no way we should be releasing Ali / Trent for Mar internationals.
Alisson is confirmed out injured during the int break as well. Trent I doubt gets picked for friendlies with an injury cloud over him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back