The Bigfooty NBA Week 15 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

all star
Last edited:
Rai Hachimura will wear number 28.

kprjxd-b78548088z.120090910085708000g3mjionq.1.jpg

I don't understand the Simmons hate. Has his flaws but feel like he is playing very solid at Brooklyn. If they have KD and Kyrie firing in play offs and he focuses on defence they are a far better side than with Harden in.

Just discovered that Hornets and Suns legend Frank Kaminsky, pictured here:

9551206.jpg

Is engaged to ESPN presenter Ashley Brewer, pictured here:

3cc87556-1947-4753-b165-04f48512f47a-RS851417_20210706_MR107905.JPG

Good for you Frank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand the Simmons hate. Has his flaws but feel like he is playing very solid at Brooklyn. If they have KD and Kyrie firing in play offs and he focuses on defence they are a far better side than with Harden in.
Before today he missed 14 of his last 15 ft’s, that is harder to manage if you were trying to miss. He is not playing at all well.

You have to have 0 expectations for him to suggest he has been anything other to an poor so far

You can't understand why a guy who's got a $35 million a year contract and can't make a layup is getting all this attention?

Gets paid 35 million a year and is still scared of looking at the rim.

I understand the short term expediency, but it's still essentially a top-10 pick wasted. And they used last year's pick on Johnny Davis...

I don't think he's a starter in this league, unless you had 4 very good defensive players around him to complement his weakness. He is a guy who can get you 20 off the bench on some nights though. At a cost of Kendrick Nunn and some worthless picks, it's a no-brainer for the Lakers.

He had interest from a few teams, but it's the fact that he's due a contract extension that will have lowered the price.

Green sitting out might actually hurt Houston's tank, not help it.

Can't really understand why he's allowed to dominate the ball the way he does while Sengun is under-utilised.
Hachimura wasn't wasted tbh. He can be a scary good player. But not at Lakers when there's LeBron. He needs to be starting. Issue is he took the first half of last season off for personal reasons and hasn't been able to play 50+ games.
Same draft class as Zion Williamson, and isn't afraid to go toe to toe.
Washington have forwards galore so it's either Kuzma, Avid or Hachimura. Could very well see all 3 leave, if Kuzma rejects the offer.
* Bradley Beal.

So Hachimura......provides size and corner 3 ball ability. Reunites with Westbrook and Bryant.

Lakers and Washington performing business in a convivial manner.

Lakers giving back some 2nd rounders to the capital which was received in the westbrook trade.

Washington receive a known scorer and will assist Beal.
Nunn? Known scorer? It's a s**t trade. Washington's joke of drafting continues. Only 2 decent drafts in the last decade resulted in max's- Wall and Beal.

Don't think it's a great thing Lakers receiving Washington's players. Didn't make playoffs or gone past first round with the same. How is Lakers expected to do so with the same?
Bryant is an incredible get. Feel good story. But he's only there because AD is stuffed. Once he comes back in, TB goes back on the bench. He isn't a PF option nor is AD.

Nunn? Known scorer? It's a s**t trade. Washington's joke of drafting continues. Only 2 decent drafts in the last decade resulted in max's- Wall and Beal.

Don't think it's a great thing Lakers receiving Washington's players. Didn't make playoffs or gone past first round with the same. How is Lakers expected to do so with the same?
Bryant is an incredible get. Feel good story. But he's only there because AD is stuffed. Once he comes back in, TB goes back on the bench. He isn't a PF option nor is AD.

As I said before, it's **** trade on paper but done on the assumption (I believe) they have freed cap space to re-sign Kuzma, who is a fat better player than anything the Wiz have sent the LOL Lakers in recent times.

From that perspective, (assume KK re-signs) I think it's okay.

Hach just wanted to feel loved in DC. Clearly wasn't receiving the love and warmth there.

At the moment, the Lakers can only deal with similarly mediocre teams. If they were an AFL team, they've had priority picks and COLA

As I said before, it's **** trade on paper but done on the assumption (I believe) they have freed cap space to re-sign Kuzma, who is a fat better player than anything the Wiz have sent the LOL Lakers in recent times.

From that perspective, (assume KK re-signs) I think it's okay.
The problem is it's a BIG if. He leaves, then Washington are a continuous joke.
All they're really missing is a PG. Sad Dinwiddie wasn't that. Would love to offer Westbrook another contract. Him and Beal were fun to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back