The Bigfooty NBA Week 16 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
I'm not sitting here constantly saying that everyone is competing for second place in my conference.

East is wide open, but Boston fans don't seem to think so.
The east is harder than the west at this stage but you're going through either us or the bucks to come out of the east.

Most on here without bias or hate would agree with that. Then you have Philly and nets who aren't too far behind to come out of the east but us and bucks are above them, even all teams fully healthy.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
The east is harder than the west at this stage but you're going through either us or the bucks to come out of the east.

Most on here without bias or hate would agree with that. Then you have Philly and nets who aren't too far behind to come out of the east but us and bucks are above them, even all teams fully healthy.
I’m willing to put the Celtics slightly ahead of a fit Philly and Nets (it’s close) but are we sure the Bucks still deserve to be alongside them? Honestly think the Bucks roster is my least favourite out of all 4, the Giannis factor is the only reason I would consider it at this stage.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
I’m willing to put the Celtics slightly ahead of a fit Philly and Nets (it’s close) but are we sure the Bucks still deserve to be alongside them? Honestly think the Bucks roster is my least favourite out of all 4, the Giannis factor is the only reason I would consider it at this stage.

You ain't wrong tbh.

Cleveland probably has a lot more talent (if you take away Giannis) on their roster but still too young and inexperienced.

Aside from home court advantage, injuries will be the main factor in this season's playoffs, so from that perspective, luck does play a part in it.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
And Giannis is all they need to be a contender honestly the guy is something else.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
And Giannis is all they need to be a contender honestly the guy is something else.
A contender I agree, but we saw last year that even at his best he can only do so much. He will need more help from his supporting cast if they are to make the finals

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
A contender I agree, but we saw last year that even at his best he can only do so much. He will need more help from his supporting cast if they are to make the finals

Philly and JoJo are getting more help from Harden and their bench this season and that is why they should at least considered as good a chance (if not more) than Boston to make it out of the East.

If Brookyln manages to get Durant fully healthy back and Kryie keeps cookin and stops with the Cray Cray paranoid conspiracies the Nets can the East too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Rest days. so many rests.

lakers without AD and Lebron for the Nets game

Tanking for draft picks ? Oh wait

Bit of a dicey time to be resting stars (at least both of them) when you are still several games put of the play in tournament with almost 2/3rds of the season done.

I've lost my faith in Darvin Ham.

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Went right down to a game 7 and took a miracle Grant Williams to get hot that no one saw coming.

Last year was no Middleton. It would be like the Celtics having no Brown or Nets having no Irving or Philly having no Harden.

Even then we still went to 7 games somehow against a very good Celtics outfit.

Ingles is looking good, Javon Carter is a big upgrade over Hill as well. I still think the Bucks core of 7-8 is good enough to mix it with anyone if healthy and we have the best player in any series matchup.

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Last year was no Middleton. It would be like the Celtics having no Brown or Nets having no Irving or Philly having no Harden.

Even then we still went to 7 games somehow against a very good Celtics outfit.

Ingles is looking good, Javon Carter is a big upgrade over Hill as well. I still think the Bucks core of 7-8 is good enough to mix it with anyone if healthy and we have the best player in any series matchup.
Absolutely, but it’s getting close to a year since we have seen that unfortunately. I also think Nets, Philly and arguably Boston are all better this year as well. Fully fit I think they can win, but we haven’t seen a fit Middleton in so long that I have them down a half tier in my rankings. Never counting out Giannis though

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
fidstar - I'll gladly join the pack, so long as you join the week 16 thread :p

Sad I wanted a good game on my RDO, but I see the Pels are without Zion, Ingram and CJ.

We definitely took the schedule L today.

Unfortunately we also took the L in our home game against Washington yesterday. We're not doing it right.

Jrue and Bropez are actually having pretty good seasons.

They need to start knocking down threes, they were ice cold for weeks on end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back