The Bigfooty NBA Week 16 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Doc watched a 20 point lead evaporate with no adjustment until they were trailing, his adjustment was putting possibly the worst 5 man defensive line up he could on the court

20 point leads are nothing really in today's NBA though. Anyhow seems to me Doc has been coaching very well for most of the season (they beat Sacramento away without Harden and JoJo) so I am not sure if it's really fair to blame him for that loss

The Magic are a very difficult and feisty young team that's going to be problems for other top teams for the rest of the season (and beyond)

Anyone tuning into Bill Walton's commentary feed on league pass? And by 'commentary' I mean 'rambling stories, drum solos and zoom interviews with famous people while completely ignoring the game that they're meant to be at least somewhat paying attention to'. Seems like they just did a 20 minute interview with John Mayer where no basketball was discussed.

Anyone tuning into Bill Walton's commentary feed on league pass? And by 'commentary' I mean 'rambling stories, drum solos and zoom interviews with famous people while completely ignoring the game that they're meant to be at least somewhat paying attention to'. Seems like they just did a 20 minute interview with John Mayer where no basketball was discussed.

You mean Throw it down with Bill Walton ? First time I have listened to it and love it.

Anyhow the good thing about the League Pass App (least on a cell phone or tablet device) is you can choose from a variety of commentary teams (which is heaven when watching Philly games, cause the Sixers commentary are absolutely puss, especially that female caller who is the NBA's Kelli Underwood)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shams reports Milwaukee's most current offer is Jordan Nwora, Serge Ibaka, George Hill and draft picks for Crowder.
Look2Me4Guidance
We’ll end up with Grayson Allen. One fan fave to another.
He is a national treasure

Good to see Dario back playing some solid ball.

I believe LeBron said something to the effect of "these missed calls only happen to us".

LeBron needs to invest in League Pass.
And a plethora of screens

Luke dropping 50 to beat pistons. Do his teammates just suck, does he ball hog too much, or is the offence set up to maximise luka skills but not the entire team?

imo luka needs to lift his pace & offensive gameplan needs more people movement so they can utilise his playmaking more. Mavs need luka to be more of a playmaker than a scorer to best utilise the other guys imo.

It'll be interesting if they make any trades, whether it's small or big trades.

Luke dropping 50 to beat pistons. Do his teammates just suck, does he ball hog too much, or is the offence set up to maximise luka skills but not the entire team?

imo luka needs to lift his pace & offensive gameplan needs more people movement so they can utilise his playmaking more. Mavs need luka to be more of a playmaker than a scorer to best utilise the other guys imo.

It'll be interesting if they make any trades, whether it's small or big trades.
it’s a combination of all 3 things you said, he has the ball a ton so you expect him to carry a heavier load but it’s mainly his team mates suck. He didn’t put up that crazy amount of shots yesterday and was super efficient.

Unfortunately any possession where he doesn’t touch the ball is more often than not a wasted one. Dinwiddie is the only other guy that can create his own shot and Luka generates a ton of open looks for the ‘shooters’ they just rarely hit them.

He has no choice but to have the usage rate he does.

it’s a combination of all 3 things you said, he has the ball a ton so you expect him to carry a heavier load but it’s mainly his team mates suck. He didn’t put up that crazy amount of shots yesterday and was super efficient.

Unfortunately any possession where he doesn’t touch the ball is more often than not a wasted one. Dinwiddie is the only other guy that can create his own shot and Luka generates a ton of open looks for the ‘shooters’ they just rarely hit them.

He has no choice but to have the usage rate he does.

It's a wild combination, they don't have many assets to get a good trade unless dinwiddie is on the table. They might become the trailblazers of the west, good for a solid playoff run but never a serious challenger.

It's a wild combination, they don't have many assets to get a good trade unless dinwiddie is on the table. They might become the trailblazers of the west, good for a solid playoff run but never a serious challenger.
The thing they have going for them is I think Luka can carry a team further. The Mavericks need to just sit out this deadline and load up next year. The main thing hindering them making moves is the pick owed to the knicks, once they conveys this year they will be able to load up on firsts if they want to make a splash. The worst thing they can do is overpay just to try and ‘contend’ this year and screw up the future.

Been quietly impressed with Hachimura for The Lakers, seems to be a quality fit with the Lakers current line up and Ham's style of coaching.

Could he a new cult hero for The Lakers with LA/California having a large Asian population.

Best trade/move Pelinka has done in a while I would think.

Donovan trying to take on the whole Heat lineup on that last shot lol. Had about 3 wide open blokes

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back