The Bigfooty NBA Week 18 Thread - Where LeBron attends the Superbowl

Remove this Banner Ad

but some people just like basketball not american football so why would they care/learn from the football team losing
It's like saying because I go for Collingwood I have to go for the Melbourne Stars when i dont really care for cricket

Fair point.

I know someone who supports the Boston Celtics and New York Yankees though which makes no lick of sense to me.

but some people just like basketball not american football so why would they care/learn from the football team losing
It's like saying because I go for Collingwood I have to go for the Melbourne Stars when i dont really care for cricket
I view it more if you actually have an active interest in the sports.

I followed Bucks first when Bogut was drafted, eventually taking a slight interest in NFL and kept it in-house with the Packers. I'm not a fan of Baseball but if I was, I'd follow the Brewers.

I was talking about this season, not overall their whole careers.

Also lol if you think Embiid and Harden are a better duo than the jays, I don't know what to tell you.

images

If Harden was so good, how come he wasn't voted into the All Star Game, Ditto why can't Embiid make it past the 2nd round of the playoffs ???

What's the deal with Philly fans overrating their teams ? You would have thought you learnt your lesson after the Eagles choked in the Superbowl (how sweet it was too) :)
He didn’t say duos, he mentioned teams that have 2 better Individual players. I was not even talking up Philly or the ‘duo’. This melt came out of no where, I don’t care about the Eagles but they were minutes away from a Super Bowl so that would suggest they are a pretty bloody good team.

Either The Bucks or Celts will have home court advantage, and a much easier path to the conference finals than the Nuggets iol

Have to admit the prospect of a Giannis v Joker finals series would be mouthwatering as a neutral though
Will they? The Nuggets are very close record wise to both? Who says they won’t have home court?

He didn’t say duos, he mentioned teams that have 2 better Individual players. I was not even talking up Philly or the ‘duo’. This melt came out of no where, I don’t care about the Eagles but they were minutes away from a Super Bowl so that would suggest they are a pretty bloody good team.

Ah okay, my mistake.

I would still rather the Jays on my team than the other duos you mention, especially given their ages and pedigrees in the playoffs.

Well ****

If we lose by less than 20, it's a miracle

How often do we got huge match ups where both teams are close to full strength? That’s my biggest issue with the regular season, every time I am excited for a game it gets ruined by injuries or more often load management

Will they? The Nuggets are very close record wise to both? Who says they won’t have home court?

Denver and their bench is still a concern. I could easily see the Suns or Grizzlies and possibly Mavs knocking them out in the playoffs.

Their path to the Finals seems a lot more difficult to me than the Celtics or Bucks (as things currently stand now)

But I have been wrong before.

Not sold if Mike Malone can coach this talented Nugz team to a chip either tbh

How often do we got huge match ups where both teams are close to full strength? That’s my biggest issue with the regular season, every time I am excited for a game it gets ruined by injuries or more often load management

If the Celtics weren't playing tomorrow, I suspect Tatum probably would have played.

Having said that, the boys are really exceeding my expectations right now we won't win, but our depth players are showing heart, esp Blake and Muscala.

Smart is a good chance to return tomorrow, along with Al and Tatum, so things are looking up for us (Jaylen should be back next week too :) )

Before the Big 3 era of Basketball, when teams typically had 1-2 stars, it always felt there were plenty of Star v Star matchups during the regular season.

Just doesn't happen anymore. Too much science involved with load management and injury prevention.

If the Celtics weren't playing tomorrow, I suspect Tatum probably would have played.

Having said that, the boys are really exceeding my expectations right now we won't win, but our depth players are showing heart, esp Blake and Muscala.

Smart is a good chance to return tomorrow, along with Al and Tatum, so things are looking up for us (Jaylen should be back next week too :) )
this is my problem with it, I feel like teams will tactically drop games to improve chances of winning others (can’t blame them) but it means we miss the entertaining match ups. We see Giannis vs the B squad and get Tatum back for the Pistons. From a spectators point of view it’s really lame how rarely we see the Giannis vs Tatum, Embiid vs Jokic, KD, vs Lebron etc

Before the Big 3 era of Basketball, when teams typically had 1-2 stars, it always felt there were plenty of Star v Star matchups during the regular season.

Just doesn't happen anymore. Too much science involved with load management and injury prevention.
I’d rather a shorter season if it means we get to see more of the best vs the best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tech foul for that? Really ?

Officiating has really sunk to a 75 year low

Anyhow Moose has 18 points already, another shrewd move by Brad Stevens

Did you see the tech that Jingles got? Haha. Some shocking decisions on both techs.

Speaking on the game though, been a fascinating watch. Obviously already rate the Celtics highly but I was maybe sleeping on Mazzulla a bit until this game. He is an incredible coach.

Celtics definitely my firm favourite to win it all but I'd be surprised if it's not Celtics v Bucks ECF.

Did you see the tech that Jingles got? Haha. Some shocking decisions on both techs.

Speaking on the game though, been a fascinating watch. Obviously already rate the Celtics highly but I was maybe sleeping on Mazzulla a bit until this game. He is an incredible coach.

Celtics definitely my firm favourite to win it all but I'd be surprised if it's not Celtics v Bucks ECF.
Definitely feels the most likely outcome, Bucks have looked absolutely elite the past couple weeks. Nets going down takes out a contender in the East as well. Think Bucks and Celtics are the top tier in the East and Philly a tier down. Can’t see anyone else winning the East

This would be a pretty disastrous loss for Milwaukee.
I mean, would it? It's just one game.

Certainly not ideal losing to an injury ravaged team but the Celtics are one of, if not the deepest team in the NBA. These are still very capable players, having a good night.

This Celtics lineup tonight makes the playoffs over other full-strength NBA teams, IMO.

I mean, would it? It's just one game.

Certainly not ideal losing to an injury ravaged team but the Celtics are one of, if not the deepest team in the NBA. These are still very capable players, having a good night.

This Celtics lineup tonight makes the playoffs over other full-strength NBA teams, IMO.

True.

But
1. Would give Boston immense confidence in a playoff series, at full strength
2. After 10 wins in a row, they are knocking on the door of #1 seed. This might cost them that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back