The Bigfooty NBA Week 21 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Suspending the 23 year old that is looked up to by millions who has already had 3 or 4 indiscretions recently that has now possibly illegally taken a fire arm on board a plane and is waving it around a club and posting it online?

That’s not woke, it is at least punishing stupidity.

Its punishing stupidity for sure but if we are gonna punish stupidity as a whole subset then basically Kyrie Irving should be banned from the league on that metric

If NBA didnt have the whole NBA cares and werent social justice warrioring it up for gun control then it would be a non issue.

He wasnt suspended for what he did, he was suspended for what the NBA believes in and then a new subset of rules were created because of this belief that creates said punishment. That is woke

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, New Orleans Pels
The Bulls are the Minnesota of the East.

Its punishing stupidity for sure but if we are gonna punish stupidity as a whole subset then basically Kyrie Irving should be banned from the league on that metric

If NBA didnt have the whole NBA cares and werent social justice warrioring it up for gun control then it would be a non issue.

He wasnt suspended for what he did, he was suspended for what the NBA believes in and then a new subset of rules were created because of this belief that creates said punishment. That is woke

Malice at the Palace. Gilbert Arenas. The NBA never wants to be in that place again. It's not complicated.

Morant is obviously flirting with the wannabe gangster lifestyle. If he doesn't realise that it doesn't augur well for a professional basketball career, he's an idiot.

Your outrage is wasted on him. Frankly he should consider himself lucky that he's getting a wake-up call before he truly torpedoes his career.

Mar 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
The Bulls are the Minnesota of the East.

Malice at the Palace. Gilbert Arenas. The NBA never wants to be in that place again. It's not complicated.

Morant is obviously flirting with the wannabe gangster lifestyle. If he doesn't realise that it doesn't augur well for a professional basketball career, he's an idiot.

Your outrage is wasted on him. Frankly he should consider himself lucky that he's getting a wake-up call before he truly torpedoes his career.
Not wrong about him being a idiot, just not suspension worthy

The issue should be solved by Memphis and not the NBA though. Its up to Memphis to fix professionalism issues. If the Grizzlies wanna win a title they need to be more professional as a whole it seems.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Not wrong about him being a idiot, just not suspension worthy

The issue should be solved by Memphis and not the NBA though. Its up to Memphis to fix professionalism issues. If the Grizzlies wanna win a title they need to be more professional as a whole it seems.

He and the Griz are calling it a mental wellbeing leave of absence, which from all report sounds like it could last longer than the two games floated.

Guess you could call it a euphemism. Could also be that both the league and Memphis themselves ran out of patience with him and intervened before things really got out of hand.

The Steven Adams comments from team meetings are pretty indicative. Even his teammates are worried that Morant's hubris and lifestyle choices are costing the team on court. Memphis are probably driving the whole thing, or at the very least are co-authors of the 'suspension'. The reality check is needed.

Those “bulls vibes” hitting a bit different today Son of Skeletor

After watching today’s game I took away two things
  • Book is on a tear.
  • Lindy Waters III is my new fave NBA name.

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Those “bulls vibes” hitting a bit different today Son of Skeletor

We need to flog that horse some more.

After watching today’s game I took away two things
  • Book is on a tear.
  • Lindy Waters III is my new fave NBA name.

Sounds like a great retirement village name.

My name trivia contribution for the week is this - the Rockets have FOUR 'Juniors' on their roster. Some of us remember a couple of their fathers.

What I want to know is: what did TyTy Washington Jr ever do to his Dad?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My name trivia contribution for the week is this - the Rockets have FOUR 'Juniors' on their roster. Some of us remember a couple of their fathers.

Might be a stutter involved?

I saw a there was a chap by the name of Leaky Black running around for Nth Carolina on the weekend. Cult figure potential

Who is 6moty this year?

Theres no one blatantly obvious this season.
I think it’d be Brogdon reasonably comfortably at this stage. Would prefer to see someone like Quickley win it though

Call him Froggy

May 23, 2012
Smoothie King Central
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Who is 6moty this year?

Theres no one blatantly obvious this season.

Reckon it should be Quickley.

If the likes of Crawford and Lou Williams can be multiple winners whilst remaining defensive sieves, then Quickley should have an even stronger case.

FVV went absolutely off on the refs. Big fine coming. Incredible stuff though.

Interesting what he said about his techs coming largely from that one official.

Joey Crawford/Tim Duncan vibes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back